Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 41 of 282 FirstFirst ... 31383940414243445191141 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

I don't think it's possible to come from an e-bay user.
    Probably someone he's done a deal with through sites like this and they already have his private e-mail. In fact, it's highly likely that the person is from this site because members e-bay user names are posted here too - and thus bidding history is revealed.

I've received similar messages through my ebay account before, just never bothered answering them because they seemed fishy. Just because you can't believe it doesn't mean it's impossible.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Situation here and would like to get some feedback on how to proceed.

I recently bought a Bobblehead and today it arrived. It was shipped in the promo box it comes in and one of those paper priority envelopes. Thats all. I opened it and there were broken parts of the bobblehead. I sent a message to seller about this through which evidently opened a case as well it seems. They msgd me back saying they were willing to replace it but I had to send the broken one back. I would like to get another one but i think if they send me another one it will be packaged the same way and another possible broken one. It's going to cost me anywhere from $5.50-$10 to ship this back to them im estimating. So would I be out of line to askfor the shipping to be reimbursed due to the cost of sending it back? Also they asked me to close the case as well so we can work it out between us they said. Im guessing that would leave me then with no protection in getting my money back or a replacement.

I'll also it cost me about ten bucks to purchase
    Trading for Steelers,Penguins,Pirates and Michigan players in Michigan uni

Hidden Content

Thanks to the USPS Shipping only to US addresses.

Shipping done on Saturdays no matter when the trade is confirmed

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I don't think it's possible to come from an e-bay user.
    Probably someone he's done a deal with through sites like this and they already have his private e-mail. In fact, it's highly likely that the person is from this site because members e-bay user names are posted here too - and thus bidding history is revealed.

That I can see. I actually noticed some odd things I won't get into as soon as I put up my eBay handle here.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I'll also it cost me about ten bucks to purchase

I believe that it is eBay's policy that the buyer has to pay the cost of returned shipping for the item. It's similar to sending UD/Panini/ITG a damaged card for replacement.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 13stepper's Items on eBay

New Ebay Listing Strategy, advice and opinions please.

Ya ya I know. I was pissed at Ebay a month ago, well, disappointingly I need Ebay to enjoy this hobby. Anyways here is the new strategy I would like to try with 50 auction style listings starting today.

The point of this strategy is to guarantee 5 stars for each transaction in the Shipping and Handling DSR, this is the only area where I'm challenged. (lol, I like to make money, sue me)

I would like to offer free shipping but want to know from buyers if this entices you at all to bid more or higher?

The costs incurred for shipping with a bubble mailer are:

Canada
    .33-bubble mailer
    .10-top loader (average including 130pt and 180pt which are substantially more expensive then 55,75,100)
    1.41-postage, GST included.

$1.84 Total

USA
    .33-bubble mailer
    .10-top loader (average including 130pt and 180pt which are substantially more expensive then 55,75,100)
    2.31-postage, GST included.

$2.74 Total

The majority of my customers are Canadian but I need to take US buyers into consideration was well.

I was thinking of listing 50 auction style with free shipping starting at $3.50.

What do you think of the starting price?

Back to my original question, before I broke everything down, would this entice you to bid more and higher?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See samo6575's Items on eBay

free shipping yes it will entice me to bid on that auction more
    Flickr: Hidden Content

Looking for Penguins, HOF Autos, Vintage Memorabilia. Aswell as any Guentzel and Murray Rookie Autos, Top Player Autos and Always looking for Decent Young Guns

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

If two auctions are the same card, same price, but one has free shipping, i wouldbid on the free one for sure.

$1 bid, plus 2.50 to ship, or $3.50 to bid? Nog difference to me. I always look at ship prices and factor that into my bid. If my max is $20 for a card, that's all im going to spend. Doesn't matter how the shipping VS cost of item is devided up.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Blue Jays Kansas City Chiefs
    See resurrect_my_collect's Items on eBay

Even if the price is the same, setting it up that way means that you automatically get 5 stars, buyers don't even have the opportunity to choose. It's a fool-proof way of ensuring you don't get dinged unfairly. Selling isn't easy these days.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Saskatchewan Roughriders Saskatchewan Roughriders Saskatchewan Roughriders
    See goose97's Items on eBay

I found it easier a while back when BIN/BO was offered up for free listings. I offered the free shipping option, but also wrote into the item descriptions that the BO would be considered based on shipping destination, and how many items were purchased. Of course Canada would get a better break. If it went to the States I would factor about a buck more, and Europe a couple more.

It worked well, and my DSR's liked it too!
    Searching for: Jagr, Palffy, Stumpel, and Boyd
    ***Doing some massive updating. Please be patient!***
    My new trade page is almost complete. My player want lists, and PC is still under construction. It's progress is here:
    Hidden Content
    For Easy Trading use the SCF Inventory Manager! It is Fully Up to Date!!!
    Search my inventory on SCF here:
    Hidden Content
    Also Looking for any CFL Saskatchewan Roughriders Cards!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

When I buy cards I have a maximum price that I am willing to pay, including shipping costs. If I see a starting bid of $3.50 with free shipping from a Canadian seller, I understand that the $2 shipping cost is covered and have no problems with that. A lot of times I will not bid on a card from a Canadian seller if the shipping is $3.50 or more as I feel the seller is gouging on shipping. And sorry to the US sellers...but $7 shipping automatically lowers my bid as I factor the shipping cost into my bid.

Page 41 of 282 FirstFirst ... 31383940414243445191141 ... LastLast