Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 47 of 282 FirstFirst ... 37444546474849505797147 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Red Wings Minnesota Vikings Phoenix Coyotes
    See mattdmc2931's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

On another note, I think I'm about to receive my first negative ever (IIRC) as a seller on eBay, over a $1 card. Got this message from a buyer today:

"Dear gallinator,

Hi Paul. Rec'd my purch & am very sorry to say, it's unacceptable! The card contains two cut/scratches on front 1 on left hip & 1 one left ankel on front of card which was not addressed in ur auction. When I remitted my monies for this purch, I specifically req'd That U Pls Make Sure Subj Purch Was Free of Defects/Damage/Flaws Prior to Shpg. Pls refund to my PP $3.00 USING THE REFUND FORMAT, unless u might have a suitable replacement? PLMK as to how u wish to correct this problem? Thanking u in advance.

Bill

- wjdurbin1"

I knew this guy was trouble from the note he included with payment and should have heeded my instincts to just refund his money...however, the card was absolutely beautiful and flawless and I figured surely would meet his exacting specifications - nope!

So, after checking this guy's feedback left for others, it appears he does this a LOT - and I'll bet most sellers just give him the $$ back and let him keep the card. Check out his toolhaus.org record (one of the worst I've ever seen!)

http://toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?Use...eft+by&Many=ON

Question: Does anyone know if eBay will do anything about this guy if I file some sort of complaint? Or should I wait for the inevitable neg and try to get it erased after the fact? Any insight would be appreciated.

Paul

P.S.: These cards were all pack fresh and shipped in a penny sleeve, top loader, team bags, decoys on either side taped with painter's tape and another decoy across for rigidity - no way did it get damaged during shipping!

Update: I went ahead and reported him using the "Report a Buyer" link - as I haven't sold much on eBay recently, I did not know that was there!

After reading all that feedback and the comments he wrote....WOW!

Really sucks that you had to go through this with him and sorry about the feedback you're more than likely to receive from the tool. Thanks for posting this though as this is one buyer we should all be blocking. Good luck on the report a buyer claim!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    See 08hockey08's Items on eBay

Take a look through these boards I've come across a couple of eBay IDs I would like to block from bidding on my cards. Can someone tell me how to do this i've looked through my Account pages and can't seem to find it anywhere. Any help would be great thanks so much!

BANNED

Country
    See Rustyisin65's Items on eBay

not defending the buyer for leaving negative feedback - but clearly there are some sellers who are mincing words with card conditions. By stating cards are "near mint or better" the seller is implying that the card could be mint. If the card is not mint they should say "card is not mint" instead. There are a lot of off condition cards that are being sold by sellers who use this practice

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 13stepper's Items on eBay

Take a look through these boards I've come across a couple of eBay IDs I would like to block from bidding on my cards. Can someone tell me how to do this i've looked through my Account pages and can't seem to find it anywhere. Any help would be great thanks so much!

I have a difficult time when I navigate through Ebay's maze of policies as well. Just google "how to block an ebay buyer" and it should be the first search result.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Regarding these problem buyers ......

PLEASE state the eBay Username of the Buyer so that we can all block them. Reporting this on here and not leaving names, does none of us any good in the future.

Cheers!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See GSRfan's Items on eBay

Question for y'all: In my auctions, I state clearly that I expect payment within 3 days of auction closing. I have 2 separate cases of non paying bidders right now which have passed their 3 days. Am I justified in filing a non-paying bidder complaint or should I at least try to reach out to them once?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See G0SHARKSG0's Items on eBay

I always message them after the 3 days have passed and ask them for payment/a message when payment will be coming. If I hear no response after 1 week I open a non paying bidder case.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Question for y'all: In my auctions, I state clearly that I expect payment within 3 days of auction closing. I have 2 separate cases of non paying bidders right now which have passed their 3 days. Am I justified in filing a non-paying bidder complaint or should I at least try to reach out to them once?

You should always communicate. I communicate 3 times before I hit the 4 day panic button. I have a large amount of good customers that pay me on day 7 when I state 5 days for payment in my auctions or Buy It Nows.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See GSRfan's Items on eBay

Ok thanks guys. I invoiced them once on the day they purchased but I guess I'll just have to message them again.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I allow for a 5-day window with my items. I note that if I don't hear anything after 48 hours, I re-send the invoice. On day 4, I send a payment reminder message. Day 5, if still no communication or $$$, non-paying bidder.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Page 47 of 282 FirstFirst ... 37444546474849505797147 ... LastLast