Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 42 of 282 FirstFirst ... 32394041424344455292142 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Philadelphia Eagles Toronto Blue Jays
    See maritimesportscards's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack
    Member is PayPal Verified

A factor that may cause me not to bid on these auctions is that there would be no combined shipping. Since the cost from US to Canada has increased I put a bit more effort into my ebay purchases to see if there are other cards the seller has to combine with the first card I had interest in purchasing. This doesn't apply for all situations but if I can save money whenever I can combine shipping I will. And if I see a seller that will not combine shipping I usually will not buy at all.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See theofleury14's Items on eBay

hrm, $0.30 listing fee for $0.99 listings now. That'll cut down on low-end cards being listed on eBay for sure.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I believe that it is eBay's policy that the buyer has to pay the cost of returned shipping for the item. It's similar to sending UD/Panini/ITG a damaged card for replacement.

they sent me another one without having to return the broken one fortunely
    Trading for Steelers,Penguins,Pirates and Michigan players in Michigan uni

Hidden Content

Thanks to the USPS Shipping only to US addresses.

Shipping done on Saturdays no matter when the trade is confirmed

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

hrm, $0.30 listing fee for $0.99 listings now. That'll cut down on low-end cards being listed on eBay for sure.

Very few list .99 cent cards now unless the listing fee is under promotion/waved. I do not list anything on eBay now that has a listing fee attached to it, yet I get invited to every free listing promotion, which is twice per month, for a total of about 7-10 free days of listing per month.

People that list low end cards and pay, are not very astute.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Ya ya I know. I was pissed at Ebay a month ago, well, disappointingly I need Ebay to enjoy this hobby. Anyways here is the new strategy I would like to try with 50 auction style listings starting today.

The point of this strategy is to guarantee 5 stars for each transaction in the Shipping and Handling DSR, this is the only area where I'm challenged. (lol, I like to make money, sue me)

I would like to offer free shipping but want to know from buyers if this entices you at all to bid more or higher?

The costs incurred for shipping with a bubble mailer are:

Canada
    .33-bubble mailer
    .10-top loader (average including 130pt and 180pt which are substantially more expensive then 55,75,100)
    1.41-postage, GST included.

$1.84 Total

USA
    .33-bubble mailer
    .10-top loader (average including 130pt and 180pt which are substantially more expensive then 55,75,100)
    2.31-postage, GST included.

$2.74 Total

The majority of my customers are Canadian but I need to take US buyers into consideration was well.

I was thinking of listing 50 auction style with free shipping starting at $3.50.

What do you think of the starting price?

Back to my original question, before I broke everything down, would this entice you to bid more and higher?

Sounds OK, but unless you look for alternatives, I won't buy a low-end card off of you. There are far too many doubters about the way I ship PWE to Canada - 4 cards for $1.50 USD. I have been doing this solid now since last September, and I have established a strong repeat clientele.

My sales to Quebec have quadrupled and to the States - doubled. I am just now slowly regaining some of my European bubble business back that I used to have. Within one full calendar year, I will have no trouble selling to anywhere, while others that "only believe in the bubble here in the USA, will flounder"

I am guaranteeing you 4 Cards - Safely shipped from the USA to Canada for $1.50, while the bubble guy is guaranteeing you nothing and 4 cards at - $7.25

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I hate the new rule regarding the BIN option added to an auction-style listing. 30% is just too big a margin on these things. You can easily expect somebody to add an extra $5 to their considerations if it means getting it right away vs. waiting a week. It's a bit different when it's $10 or $15. Dumb.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

I wonder what I just bought on ebay ............... =S

Hey all

Just came across this auction and decided to hit the BIN.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121107588392...84.m1423.l2649

Now the auction is listed as a regular YG, but clearly it is the Exclusives version /100. I was looking to see if the seller maybe used someone elses random Mason YG pic, and accidentally got a /100 version ..... but it looks like everything he is selling was taking on the same surface and by the same camera.

Crossing my fingers for the exclusives YG !! But if not, I guess I just paid $6.50 CDN for a Mason YG =P.

Thank you being close to the boarder and have an American mailing address, or it would have cost about $14 in shipping / import charges =S
    *** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

I dont think my post belongs here ^^^

Its not really an ebay issue, its more of a "what does everyone think im going to receive?"

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Oakland Raiders Miami (FL) Hurricanes
    See Zuback's Items on eBay

Shill Bidding - Looks like the only way to make money at Ebay

So let's start off a Saturday by talking about Shill Bidding. In my opinion, it appears that this is the only way to make any money on Ebay. Now some of you will take offense to this. But, everyone is open to have their own opinion and this is mine. You can say you want about supply and demand. I have taken economics classess and live in a world that deals with the power of economics daily. However, in the case of Ebay, throw the supply and demand theory out the window. It does not matter that a card that is print out 1 or 2 or 8 or what ever will sell any better then a card listed out /199. Yes, it does depend on the player and the set and series. But, in the end SHILL BIDDING is the only way that anyone can make $$$ on Ebay. Is it right or wrong? It depends on who is on what end of it. Does it involve moral priniciples? Once again it depends on what end of it you are on. The overall frame work of Ebay and it's bidding prinicpals to me are flawed. But, in the end does Ebay really have a concern with this? The higher the auction goes the more they make as well.

Now I am someone who has a combined rating on 3 sites of over 1600. To some that may not make me an expert, but I am not intending to act like one. I am going with experience.

As mentioned, my opinion, you can agree, you can disagree at this point it does not matter to me. I have a grounded moral foundation myself and my legacy on the thoughts of others does not impact on if I get up tomorrow as in the end what matters is that we are all judged by ONE individual. That individual will decided on my try ultimate reality. By the way I am not a religous person and I am not looking at offending anyone. This is just my opinion.

Thanks.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    Twitter: @MTLSimon11

Well, in My opinion shill bidding is a scummy thing to do. The ends do not justify the means. I don't see how cheating can show a "grounded moral foundation." I know who's auctions I'll be avoiding.

Page 42 of 282 FirstFirst ... 32394041424344455292142 ... LastLast