Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 27 of 282 FirstFirst ... 17242526272829303777127 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Oh, Europe is a little higher, I am aware of that, but $6.00 is still over the top even from there. It's taking me some time, but Europeans are warming to me sending their cards in a Re-Inforced Top-Loader inside a very secure Plain Envelope, heavily taped and not put through a machine.

There is a misnomer phobia about using a plain envelope that if done correctly, should be embraced. I send 3 card to Europe for $1.50, a fourth jacks the price up to $2.25 - exact postage.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Oh, Europe is a little higher, I am aware of that, but $6.00 is still over the top even from there. It's taking me some time, but Europeans are warming to me sending their cards in a Re-Inforced Top-Loader inside a very secure Plain Envelope, heavily taped and not put through a machine.

There is a misnomer phobia about using a plain envelope that if done correctly, should be embraced. I send 3 card to Europe for $1.50, a fourth jacks the price up to $2.25 - exact postage.

One thing to think about though, is that if I recall correctly, you deal mostly with early 2000 and prior cards, correct? Those are generally pretty thin cards, compared to GU and stuff like that. Because for someone like myself, sending multiple GU cards, or thicker patch cards greatly impacts the cost of shipping.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Just playing devil's advocate here, but the shipping charge is the charge to get it safely from point A to point B. Point B is your house, point A is my house, not my post office, my house. Gas charges go into CP or USPSs shipping charge, so why not my gas (it's not always on the way) and time into my shipping charges?

You're right, it's a matter of perspective.

I assume the gas cost as an expense against my profits, and I prefer not to pass it along to the buyer. To be honest, I do free shipping on Ebay to avoid any of that hassle. I save my lower-end and mid-end stuff for SCF/HI, and the high-end ones go on Ebay.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Starting April 16, your 50 free listings per month can be listed Auction-style or fixed price. Pay just one flat 10% final value fee—only when your item sells
    Trading for Steelers,Penguins,Pirates and Michigan players in Michigan uni

Hidden Content

Thanks to the USPS Shipping only to US addresses.

Shipping done on Saturdays no matter when the trade is confirmed

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See rydlar99's Items on eBay

How is $6 over the top to Europe? I explained it all already, $4.36 postage +13% sales tax... plus bubble mailer, top loader etc etc, basically is $6... maybe $5.75 if you want to split hairs?

I also only charge $2.99 to the USA.

I don't do PWE, never have, never will. I also usually add in 'bonus' cards for the buyer to bring their envelope weights to 100g (ie. a grab bag of base cards)...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See rydlar99's Items on eBay

The member that rydlar99 was talking to was from Europe, not the States. So the $6 is a little more justifiable.

I charge $4 for overseas and an additional 25 cents per card. Very rarely does it cost under $4 and oftentimes it's a few bucks above that, but I find that by keeping shipping prices lower our European friends are happy to bid and bid often on my items.

How do you get it under $4? For bubble mailers that is... I'd like to know, I'm always game for dropping the shipping rates if possible.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See theofleury14's Items on eBay

Starting April 16, your 50 free listings per month can be listed Auction-style or fixed price. Pay just one flat 10% final value fee—only when your item sells

So now fees are in to the double digits percentage, with the added ability to list fixed auction in your 50 free listings.

I guess it's a lot easier to eventually increase to 11-12% fees if you go to 10% first...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 13stepper's Items on eBay

Ebay is whacked!

After 6 years of successful Ebay selling, with never a single negative I have decided to join the ranks of Ebay haters and not sell anymore on their site. Because I have received too many low DSR's for the Shipping and Handling rating they have placed selling limits on my account and are now holding my Paypal payments from my buyers.

This is so beyond comprehension for me that I'm not even mad, I'm finding it more comical. I guess I'm somewhat to blame, charging $4.00 for shipping to Canada and $5 to the US. However I pride myself on the service I provided all my Ebay customers, gauranteed next day shipping after payment is received, brand new top loaders or 1 touches, professional packaging including team bags, decoys, bubble envelopes etc. Going to the post office everyday costs money but I guess buyers and ebay don't understand that.

My feedback is littered with positive comments my customers expressing how quick they received their items, I contribute that to my daily trip to the Post Office.

I am worried about how I will continue ripping as much product as I do without the channel to sell the product, I depended on Ebay to maintain my enjoyment in this hobby and really can't continue ripping as much without it. With that being said maybe I need to look at that and think of this as a positive.

There's no doubt I enjoy ripping the odd case of the The Cup, Ultimate Collection, are many various boxes of product. However everytime after I would always feel the pressure of the $3000-$5000 I just spent to quickly get the cards listed on Ebay and recuperate some of those funds.

I have been unsatisfied with Ebay for quite sometime now, the two biggest reasons being; the gamble you take everytime you sell a card and ship without tracking(no seller protection, auto side with the buyer) and the fees. Today was just the cherry on top of the icing.

If curious my ebay ID is 13stepper. I've ended all my BIN and auctions that didn't have bids.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (117)
    Country

This is awful! In the couple of months I have been active on ebay buying cards I have not had any problems so far and any minor issues were taken care of. Sometimes people don't have common sense and each and every time I bid on an item, I always check the sellers feedback and if their feedback is less than 99% I simply don't bid on the item. Why don't people have the same kind of common sense?

As a buyer you can't expect everything to go your way with a sale and to give someone a negative comment just b/c the card wasn't shipped the way you wanted it to be or you paid a little too much shipping for it, then again read the description and don't bother bidding! I hope your ebay experience doesn't take away for your passion for the hobby since you seem one of the dwindling few that actually cares about it.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Happened to me about 2 months ago. I have 500+ positive feedback with zero negatives.

I called customer service and that was a waste of time. She had told me the only reason I got the lower rating was because of my shipping ( $3 to Canada, $4 to USA ). She told me the only way to garuntee my rating in shipping goes up is if I sell 50 items on eBay with free shipping. Told her where eBay could shove it and hung up
    *** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

Page 27 of 282 FirstFirst ... 17242526272829303777127 ... LastLast