Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 21 of 282 FirstFirst ... 11181920212223243171121 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See jackofalltradesLA's Items on eBay

I

I sent him a low bid, which I am entitled to do and in the comments explained why. He posted a Zach Parise auto patch gold rainbow #/9 from The Cup. He advertised it as a RC which when I researched it on Becketts website has it listed as an auto/serial/memorabilia (not RC). As with most parallels it is not a true RC.

I will give him a pass in regards to labeling the card as the Beckett employee who graded the card wrote RC in the title (mistake). The true title is 2005-06 The Cup Autographed Rookie Patch Gold Rainbow (Rookie only parallel set). As with most really short prints Beckett will not give it a price. As a collector you can arrive at a reasonable price on items like this by making comparisons. The Crosby #/87 version of this card is listed at $4000. This is $2000 less than the "real" Crosby RC with a larger print run #/99 ($6000). The price for the "real" Parise auto patch RC #/199 from The Cup is listed at $400. There are a couple cards that are list at most $100 more in the rainbow version, but to inflate the price from $400 to $2500 for a card that isn't even a true RC ???

Anyways as a collector I found the price to be insulting. Apparently the other 99 people who viewed the month old auction shared a similar point of view as my offer seemed to be the only offer. Anyways I hope that anyone who may have hastily blocked me will choose to reverse it. Perhaps I was a little harsh by telling him "2,500 is insulting to collectors everywhere", but I think that as consumer I have the right to voice my opinion whether someone is going to like it or not. Inflating prices on ebay is nothing new, but it has an affect on our ability to collect the cards we desire. Oh and as for him judging me on my character, here is what he wrote back to me. You be the judge of who's character is in question :

Dear moderncowboy0,

(1) you're a piece of garbage
    (2 you've been blocked
    (3) as of this past half-hour, (29) other ebay sellers (and counting) have blocked you from bidding on their auctions.
    (4) your name and ebay id have been posted on other sites, to warn/protect other sellers from having to deal with you

It's not our fault that you're lonely and a loser, so please go back to whatever hole you crawled out of and leave ebay.

All the best.

Maybe after reading this you'll decide to block this guy (bdiam) instead. Let's face it are you really going to spend hundreds of $ more buying cards from this person?

I actually think you are in the wrong, although maybe I am reading this incorrect. Just because it isn't the true RC, it is still a rookie year card (for searching purposes, calling it an RC makes it much easier for both buyer and seller). Just because it isn't the true RC, does not mean that it should sell for less than the regular version. In fact, when dealing with a /9 version, I'd expect the hefty price tag. They are very rare and warrant the price.

Or you can go try finding the other 8 versions of the card. Tins of 05/06 are only $900 each. Bottom line, his card, his price. If you don't like it, submit your offer and move on. Or just dont bother giving them your business. A rant like yours above isn't impressive to the selling community.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I

I actually think you are in the wrong, although maybe I am reading this incorrect. Just because it isn't the true RC, it is still a rookie year card (for searching purposes, calling it an RC makes it much easier for both buyer and seller). Just because it isn't the true RC, does not mean that it should sell for less than the regular version. In fact, when dealing with a /9 version, I'd expect the hefty price tag. They are very rare and warrant the price.

Or you can go try finding the other 8 versions of the card. Tins of 05/06 are only $900 each. Bottom line, his card, his price. If you don't like it, submit your offer and move on. Or just dont bother giving them your business. A rant like yours above isn't impressive to the selling community.

Valid opinion, but I still stand by what I wrote. It wasn't meant to be impressive to anyone. I was just addressing his post with a mix of opinion and facts. I also messaged him saying that flying off the handle because of a little jab is in itself a joke. He didn't get back to me so here I am. Anyways you can either agree or disagree.

Have a good one.
    Last edited by Bearcat88; 03-07-2013 at 03:20 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Valid opinion, but I still stand by what I wrote. It wasn't meant to be impressive to anyone. I was just addressing his post with a mix of opinion and facts. I also messaged him saying that flying off the handle because of a little jab is in itself a joke. He didn't get back to me so here I am. Anyways you can either agree or disagree.

Have a good one.

The 'rainbow' version usually do not command a higher price tag than the true cup ARP /199 or /99 or /249, As usually they are a high number 30's and up (stamkos's rainbow is out of 91 and sells for less than his true cup RC but still sells for 1k-1.5k). 2 things though.

#1 05/06 Cup has a lot of set collectors out there along with a lot of PC collectors due to it being the first cup set and having an insane RC crop. The low numbered rainbows of nobodies in this set command high premium's especially with nice patches. The Parise pretty much has the nicest possible devils patch (3 colors)

#2 It is a low numbered paralell auto rookie patch from an 8 year old set where 'packs' of it today cost around 900$. Oh and it is of a player who will probably go in to the HOF as one of the better american born forwards.

I think you were in the wrong as well. This card isn't going to change hands for anything less than $1300 no matter who has it. It is frustrating when you don't have the funds to get high end PC cards I've been and am currently there as well. But please don't lump in "collectors everywhere" when you make rude comments to a seller.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

While I think you guys are right, I don't think bearcat did anything "wrong" or outside his reasonable rights. I will also say the other party's response was less than mature.
    I wouldn't block either, though. This is just a couple people taking things way too seriously and personally.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Schill bidding on ebay?

I recently lost an auction on ebay and not 30 seconds had passed and i received a second chance offer.

this was really off to me because i sent a few bids and the guy who won put in a really high bid.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/230938881684?...#ht_500wt_1064

when i took a closer look at the bidding history the guy who won was a new member and only has bid on 2 things and they were both with this seller.

am i being paranoid or is this case of schill bidding?

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Looks like it could be.
    If the seller has limits on minimum feedback set up, would it work this way, or would the buyer not be able to bid at all?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 13stepper's Items on eBay

It's really hard to say. If it wasn't for the quick second chance offer I would say no. Chances are good it was shilled.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See theofleury14's Items on eBay

While I think you guys are right, I don't think bearcat did anything "wrong" or outside his reasonable rights. I will also say the other party's response was less than mature.
    I wouldn't block either, though. This is just a couple people taking things way too seriously and personally.

Yeah, I thought the same. The seller's response was way over the top.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens New York Yankees
    See HABS1122's Items on eBay

Question about ebay non payers

Hey just looking for some advice sold 2 cards both buyers have not paid. one has been two weeks the other is going on three. I have sent a reminder to both but no reply. How do I cancel these two & does ebay give back my fees.

Thanks
    Todd

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 13stepper's Items on eBay

Open up an Unpaid item case, click the drop down menu titled 'more actions" located to the far right of each item description and click resolve a problem. It opens up an unpaid item case, allows the buyers 4 more days to pay, if no payment after 4 days your final value fees will be refunded.

Hope that helps!

Page 21 of 282 FirstFirst ... 11181920212223243171121 ... LastLast