Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 26 of 282 FirstFirst ... 16232425262728293676126 ... LastLast
    YouTube Video Editor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See GHCHambone's Items on eBay

New non-paying bidder: cluiz2012

He has 3 positive feedback, but they all are claiming that he is a non-paying bidder as well.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    Twitter: @MTLSimon11

Ok.
    Maybe i was a bit unclear;).
    I understand the handling and packaging as i do it myself when selling.
    Example 1 year ago i paid 4$ in shipping and when the package arrived it said around 3.70$ on the package.
    Now i pay 6.50-8.00$ in shipping and it says 4.36$ on the package.
    Has the handling and toploaders gone up?
    As i stated earlier i dont mind paying for my pc cards just trying to understand.

Paying an extra $2-$4 for a penny sleeve, toploader and team bag or piece of tape is absurd. And sorry if I might upset some people but your time, gas, slushie on the way to the post office is NOT something that should be added to the shipping costs. If you want to recoup those charges, sell BIN/OBO or start with a higher starting bid. I, like most on here probably, always factor shipping costs into final amount so I don't really care how the costs break down, just as long as I can live with the final price. Some transparency in the process would be nice though. Charging $7-$8 shipping if it only costs you $4 is nothing more than hiding a higher cost for the card in the shipping cost. It's like cell phone companies that will sell you a $0 smartphone, but bury the $35 activation fee in the fine print.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See rydlar99's Items on eBay

Ok.
    Maybe i was a bit unclear;).
    I understand the handling and packaging as i do it myself when selling.
    Example 1 year ago i paid 4$ in shipping and when the package arrived it said around 3.70$ on the package.
    Now i pay 6.50-8.00$ in shipping and it says 4.36$ on the package.
    Has the handling and toploaders gone up?
    As i stated earlier i dont mind paying for my pc cards just trying to understand.

Oh! Well I can help a bit.. .if it's coming from Canada, the postage you see does NOT include the taxes. So for me anyhow at $4.36 there's another 13% sales tax on top of that. So really postage is $4.92... then bubble mailer, top loader, etc so I charge $6.00 total. If that helps!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See sortguld's Items on eBay

Oh! Well I can help a bit.. .if it's coming from Canada, the postage you see does NOT include the taxes. So for me anyhow at $4.36 there's another 13% sales tax on top of that. So really postage is $4.92... then bubble mailer, top loader, etc so I charge $6.00 total. If that helps!

Oh taxes forgot about thoose that makes sense thnx for the info enough said :).

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Paying an extra $2-$4 for a penny sleeve, toploader and team bag or piece of tape is absurd. And sorry if I might upset some people but your time, gas, slushie on the way to the post office is NOT something that should be added to the shipping costs. If you want to recoup those charges, sell BIN/OBO or start with a higher starting bid. I, like most on here probably, always factor shipping costs into final amount so I don't really care how the costs break down, just as long as I can live with the final price. Some transparency in the process would be nice though. Charging $7-$8 shipping if it only costs you $4 is nothing more than hiding a higher cost for the card in the shipping cost. It's like cell phone companies that will sell you a $0 smartphone, but bury the $35 activation fee in the fine print.

I've never charged for the slushie. The gas/time is arguable, but never charge for the slushie. The pennysleeve, toploader, bubblemailer, etc absolutely put it in the s/h cost. Unless they want no protection and a pwe.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I agree with this 100%.

When I buy a card, I'm expecting to be charged for shipping. Not for your time - you're not my employee or a contractor - and not for the gas it takes you to go to a post office which for most people is probably on their way to/from other places anyway. I really doubt many sellers are making a special trip for my card.

As for the argument about supplies, here's a breakdown of the charges:

Penny sleeve - 1 cent
    Toploader - 6 cents
    Envelope - 10 cents

So if someone wants to charge an extra 20 cents on top of the actual shipping charges, I'm fine with that. But to pass off $2-$3 for vague handling charges is, to me, inexcusable. And for the most part, I've found the sellers here to be great about that. I personally consider it an expense that just goes against my total sales.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Just playing devil's advocate here, but the shipping charge is the charge to get it safely from point A to point B. Point B is your house, point A is my house, not my post office, my house. Gas charges go into CP or USPSs shipping charge, so why not my gas (it's not always on the way) and time into my shipping charges?

In the end, there's really no absolute answer, it's all about perspective.

SCF Rewards
    Country

A little source of frustration via ebay recently (shocker, I know). When ebay had their promotional free BIN listings, I decided to put about 50 cards up and I'd say about half of them sold. For one of the cards, somebody sent me an offer that I thought was low, so I offered something lower than my original price but still reasonable. Person replies shortly after with an offer of a dollar higher than their previous one. So again, I offer a lower, more reasonable price. Again, person responds quickly with an offer of a dollar higher. I don't really have time to play games so I just accepted and sent an invoice.

And now, this person who had no issue getting back to me in time to respond with tiny little increases in their offers, has not paid, nor given any indication of when they will pay. It's now been two weeks.

Worst part? SCF member.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

$6.00 for one card from Canada??? I have been receiving cards where the postage for one card from Canada is between $2.07 and $2.30. How do you justify $6.00. How much do you sell on eBay?

I sell 60-80 cards plus to Canada per month without lifting a finger at Re-Inforced PWE Non-Machineable rate of 4 cards shipped for $1.50 US. If I have to use a bubble with Non-Machineable rates, It's $2.25 for 4 cards in a bubble.

This is probably why I don't buy cards from many home sellers in Canada anymore. They are wanting me to pay for Christmas presents for their family, and a plane ticket for their next holiday.

SCF Rewards
    Country

$6.00 for one card from Canada??? I have been receiving cards where the postage for one card from Canada is between $2.07 and $2.30. How do you justify $6.00. How much do you sell on eBay?

I sell 60-80 cards plus to Canada per month without lifting a finger at Re-Inforced PWE Non-Machineable rate of 4 cards shipped for $1.50 US. If I have to use a bubble with Non-Machineable rates, It's $2.25 for 4 cards in a bubble.

This is probably why I don't buy cards from many home sellers in Canada anymore. They are wanting me to pay for Christmas presents for their family, and a plane ticket for their next holiday.

The member that rydlar99 was talking to was from Europe, not the States. So the $6 is a little more justifiable.

I charge $4 for overseas and an additional 25 cents per card. Very rarely does it cost under $4 and oftentimes it's a few bucks above that, but I find that by keeping shipping prices lower our European friends are happy to bid and bid often on my items.

Page 26 of 282 FirstFirst ... 16232425262728293676126 ... LastLast