Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 173 of 282 FirstFirst ... 73123163170171172173174175176183223273 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,730 of 2816

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See shawnyboy24's Items on eBay

Ebay store?

Can i use the 150 free listings that come with a basic store to list ``Buy it now or best offer`` listings or is it only for auctions?I list about 100 cards with fixed prices a month and i finf the 30$ (100*30c) of fees to be alot.

Shawn

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Red Sox Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    Twitter: @Nsloki See nobodyweirdlikeme's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

It should say somewhere whether they are "auction style" listings or "fixed price" listings.
    My main focus is 90s star inserts/refractors in any sport but will also look at RCs, Color Refractors/Prizms and #'d of JRod, Witt, Ohtani, Carroll, Griffey, Jeter, Trout, Acuna, Jordan, Lebron, Luka, Ja, Ant, Brady, Mahomes, Herbert, Burrow, Hurts and any other star rookies/prospects
    Any Kobe Bryant Esp. Rookie Year Cards

SCF Rewards
    Country

Hi folks looking for some input from some of you more experienced E'bayers here. If this should be in the "post your ebay issues" thread by all means please move it there.

Anyway, here it is. I'm fairly new on Ebay, and I've got my settings that I don't ship outside North America, Canada/US onl, Never been an issue as far as bidders go, till now.
    I had a Pavel Bure card up that got 1 bid (the winner of course) and the winner it turns out is from Sweden. I guess he didn't notice I don't ship there.
    Anyway he's emailed me a couple of times saying ebay won't let him pay as I don't ship there.
    He wants my paypal address to pay me directly. Now I did find out approx how much shipping standard to there is. Haven't told him the amount yet.
    My question then is what are the problems (if any) of taking the payment outside of Ebay. He has a feedback of over 2000 all positive, I'm not concerned about that.
    I understand the risk of sending regular mail that far.
    Do I cancel the winning bid to do that, or If I accept the payment this way, do I mark it shipped on the auction? Can Ebay tell if he paid through the Ebay portal ? I've got perfect feedback so far, don't want Ebay all over me for breaking thier rules over a relatively cheap card.
    Also can I just cancel the winning bid and maybe relist it at a later date ?
    Any thoughts ?
    Thanks
    --Robert--

If he pays you directly via PayPal, I believe you can just mark the item as paid and shipped in your selling manager and send it on it's way. That doesn't violate any eBay laws that I'm aware of because the sale was completed within eBay so you're not dodging any fees as they're still going to take their 10% off the top, which is all they really care about.

I'm also pretty sure that because the auction has ended and the buyer won the auction, in order to cancel the transaction the buyer must also agree to cancel it so if he/she really wants the card it won't be as simple as just unilaterally canceling the transaction and listing the card again later.

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/cancel-transaction-process.html

In terms of excluding bidders, I haven't had any problems with bidders from far away lands bidding on my items as others here have so I haven't tried this, but assuming you haven't already done this, you could try going to your settings and "manually" exclude bidders from all countries except the US and Canada.

To block buyers whose primary shipping address is in a country you don't ship to:

- Go to My eBay.

- Click the Account tab, and then click Site Preferences link on the left.

- In the Selling Preferences section, scroll to Shipping preferences, and then click the Show link.

- Click Exclude shipping locations from your listings.

- Select one or more continents to exclude all countries on those continents. Or select Show all countries and check the specific countries you don't want to ship to.

- All excluded countries you selected will appear on the lower section of the page.

- You can select to apply these exclusions to all current live listings on a global level.

- Click the Apply button to save your requirements.

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/buyer-requirements.html#specifying

SCF Rewards
    Country

Can i use the 150 free listings that come with a basic store to list ``Buy it now or best offer`` listings or is it only for auctions?I list about 100 cards with fixed prices a month and i finf the 30$ (100*30c) of fees to be alot.

Shawn

Pretty sure the "free" listings can be either auction style or fixed price.

With a Basic eBay Stores subscription, you’ll get 150 free listings*—auction-style or fixed price—every month, final value fees of 9% or less in the categories listed above, and access to a wealth of marketing tools to help supercharge your sales.

http://announcements.ebay.com/2014/04/sellers-updates-to-fees-in-select-categories-could-mean-more-free-listings-for-you/?_trksid=p3984.m2301.l3955#sthash.xm1DheTy.dpuf

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

On the topic of free listings / fees.... can someone explain this to me:

Why do I (sometimes) have problems using my free ones, when I bulk relist?

I get 50 free listings per month, under the promo: Free Auction-style Insertion Fees in select categories

I get another 50 free per month, under the promo: List your items for FREE – make money today!

Quite often, if I try and bulk relist, it wants to charge me. If I cancel, relist another 5 (or something) then do a batch of 30, It works fine.

Next question: I've used all 100 of those this month, and eBay sent out an email for 100 per day (for the next 7 days). Why can't I use them? Is there something in particular I need to watch for???

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See allenhawks's Items on eBay

Thanks Rockin Robbie

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See habscards's Items on eBay

I have never had a problem shipping to Europe. I actually find Europeans to be great to deal with. Also for some reason shipping times are sometimes shorter going from Canada to Europe than it is going from Canada to the States.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Saskatchewan Roughriders Saskatchewan Roughriders Saskatchewan Roughriders
    See goose97's Items on eBay

Next question: I've used all 100 of those this month, and eBay sent out an email for 100 per day (for the next 7 days). Why can't I use them? Is there something in particular I need to watch for???

Hey Sean I think you can only use them as auction only. I tried it auction with buy it now, and it started eating my monthly freebies. I have some Upper Deck CFL I am about to put up, and I'll be seeing if just auction only works, and only uses the promotional ones instead.
    Searching for: Jagr, Palffy, Stumpel, and Boyd
    ***Doing some massive updating. Please be patient!***
    My new trade page is almost complete. My player want lists, and PC is still under construction. It's progress is here:
    Hidden Content
    For Easy Trading use the SCF Inventory Manager! It is Fully Up to Date!!!
    Search my inventory on SCF here:
    Hidden Content
    Also Looking for any CFL Saskatchewan Roughriders Cards!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    Twitter: @MTLSimon11

Thought people might get a kick out of this. Background...I submitted an offer to this seller last night, then went to bed. He countered when I was asleep. Wife is out of town in Chicago this weekend, so when I got up this morning I had to shower, make breakfast for the kids and take one of them to karate, grab some groceries and come back home. Didn't really have a chance to accept his offer right away this morning. I have a message waiting for me at 12:30 pm...

Him: That's it ? We are done because i've raise your offer by 0.50$ ? Really ?

Me:
    Truth be told I just hadn't accepted the offer yet. No longer interested. I don't like pushiness.

Him:
    You rare not buying a house or a car. You accept or you decline. Been doing this for 8 years and 95% of the time, when it's not too expensive, the answer is pretty fast. When buyers take more than a day to answer, they forgot about it or they were not that interested.

You are int that 5% and you were not going to buy anything at all. Don't even try. I'm too old for this kind of false sensibilities. You fit the profile perfectly.

Me:
    There was a counter offer in my inbox when i got out of bed at 9:00 this morning and didn t rush to accept right away. I m sorry those few hours were too much for you to wait, but there are things more important in my life than to rush and accept an offer immediately. Good day to you too, sir.

Him:
    You weren't going to buy it anyway but you are too proud to admit it, so easy on the "meaning of life" sermon. Looks like a duck, walk like a duck, it's a duck. It's your right not to buy it, so you did what you had to do.

Things are a bit hot and heavy sometime when Christmas is right around the corner and sellers are losing a ton or time dealing with people that has "more important things to do" than answering back and closing deals.

Why do i have to deal with your "more important things to do" ? Why am i obligated to live your life suddenly ? You came to me Sir, not me. Now you are giving a hard time because you had more important things to do. You seem to forget that there's real "people" behind those stores, we are not robots.

Anyway, what's the use, you are obviously wrapped around in your own world.

Have a nice day anyway.

Me:
    I was going to buy it, but thanks for trying to read my mind. Waiting just a few hours for a reply is not that big a deal. You may want to switch to decaf.

Him:
    Well, my lost then. Decaf would be nice.

Now, granted, that last message from me was a little immature, but I didn't care anymore. I have never had a seller lose it on me because I didn't respond to a counter offer from 11:00 pm to 12:30 the next day. It should also be noted the card was only $4.50!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 13stepper's Items on eBay

WOW! You seriously can't make this stuff up, lol. This seller should start an Ebay Sellers Union.

Thought people might get a kick out of this. Background...I submitted an offer to this seller last night, then went to bed. He countered when I was asleep. Wife is out of town in Chicago this weekend, so when I got up this morning I had to shower, make breakfast for the kids and take one of them to karate, grab some groceries and come back home. Didn't really have a chance to accept his offer right away this morning. I have a message waiting for me at 12:30 pm...

Him: That's it ? We are done because i've raise your offer by 0.50$ ? Really ?

Me:
    Truth be told I just hadn't accepted the offer yet. No longer interested. I don't like pushiness.

Him:
    You rare not buying a house or a car. You accept or you decline. Been doing this for 8 years and 95% of the time, when it's not too expensive, the answer is pretty fast. When buyers take more than a day to answer, they forgot about it or they were not that interested.

You are int that 5% and you were not going to buy anything at all. Don't even try. I'm too old for this kind of false sensibilities. You fit the profile perfectly.

Me:
    There was a counter offer in my inbox when i got out of bed at 9:00 this morning and didn t rush to accept right away. I m sorry those few hours were too much for you to wait, but there are things more important in my life than to rush and accept an offer immediately. Good day to you too, sir.

Him:
    You weren't going to buy it anyway but you are too proud to admit it, so easy on the "meaning of life" sermon. Looks like a duck, walk like a duck, it's a duck. It's your right not to buy it, so you did what you had to do.

Things are a bit hot and heavy sometime when Christmas is right around the corner and sellers are losing a ton or time dealing with people that has "more important things to do" than answering back and closing deals.

Why do i have to deal with your "more important things to do" ? Why am i obligated to live your life suddenly ? You came to me Sir, not me. Now you are giving a hard time because you had more important things to do. You seem to forget that there's real "people" behind those stores, we are not robots.

Anyway, what's the use, you are obviously wrapped around in your own world.

Have a nice day anyway.

Me:
    I was going to buy it, but thanks for trying to read my mind. Waiting just a few hours for a reply is not that big a deal. You may want to switch to decaf.

Him:
    Well, my lost then. Decaf would be nice.

Now, granted, that last message from me was a little immature, but I didn't care anymore. I have never had a seller lose it on me because I didn't respond to a counter offer from 11:00 pm to 12:30 the next day. It should also be noted the card was only $4.50!

Page 173 of 282 FirstFirst ... 73123163170171172173174175176183223273 ... LastLast