Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 31 of 282 FirstFirst ... 21282930313233344181131 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Andrew_zachary1988's Items on eBay

SCF Rewards
    Country

Never buy packs or boxes off eBay I'm pretty sure people just sell the left overs after they get the big hit in the case or in the box. That's just my thinking though.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    See 73ToppsMann's Items on eBay LinkedIn

eBay "Hot Packs"

"Hot Packs" usually they end up having chrome or relic cards inside.

The sellers will often open a case or box, and weigh all the packs. The chrome or relic packs will usually weigh slightly more than packs with just regular cards. They can then sell those packs for much more. Sometimes they can see enough through the pack that there is a chrome, relic, or autograph card.

Sometimes they can tell just by feeling the packs, though. That's why, when the cards first get into Target or Wal-Mart, you'll see guys standing by the box, picking up pack ... after pack ... after pack. These 'feelers' go through the entire box, and get all the relic cards before anyone else has a chance to buy one. I had the pleasure of confronting a 'feeler' at Target, once. Before leaving, I looked him right in the eye, picked 5 packs he hadn't 'felt' yet, and walked to the register. Got a relic out of one of them.

I've bought a few 'hot packs' before, and I think 90% of them ended up being a relic card. Except for the Allen & Ginter packs - the mini autographed cards came in a heavy cardboard protector, and weighed much more than the normal cards.

I miss the days when rack packs came in transparent plastic, and you could SEE a few of the cards in the pack.
    Last edited by 73ToppsMann; 03-29-2013 at 03:25 PM. Reason: correction

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (12)
    Country
    See nucksforcup's Items on eBay

Ebay hot packs are resealed packs. They usually put in a $ bin auto or game used. how else do you think they know its "hot"

SCF Rewards
    Country

I've obviously considered the likely possibility of being riped-off, but before labeling me as a rube, keep in mind that 10 bucks isn't all the money in the world. ;)

SCF Rewards
    Country

Ebay hot packs are resealed packs. They usually put in a $ bin auto or game used. how else do you think they know its "hot"

As Toppsman said, I believe that this particular seller who has 100 percent feedback, weighs them.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bills Carolina Panthers
    See mondo1132's Items on eBay

yeah there are different methods, I know some people open the packs, and place a low-value card into it and re-seal it. Not saying this guy does that specifically, but I'd be cautious

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

yeah there are different methods, I know some people open the packs, and place a low-value card into it and re-seal it. Not saying this guy does that specifically, but I'd be cautious

This. I'm not calling you a rube by any means, but the vast majority of "hot packs" on eBay have been searched and resealed.

SCF Rewards
    Country

This. I'm not calling you a rube by any means, but the vast majority of "hot packs" on eBay have been searched and resealed.

Seems likely, I will be sure to post when I finally receive them....if I ever do.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Some are above the board, some come from boxes which have already had the big hits pulled, most have been searched.

Page 31 of 282 FirstFirst ... 21282930313233344181131 ... LastLast