Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 7 of 282 FirstFirst ... 456789101757107 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays
    See pieytremblay's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

come on...

BANNED

Country

eBay protecting for international sales

As a seller on eBay, I want to make sure I am protected on high-end deals to Canada. I know register mail will not help me at all in a case. I forgot which way works where I am protected as a seller from a potential issue. If someone could let me know what that is, I'd appreciate it.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See reoddai002's Items on eBay

I think this website applies
    https://www.paypal.com/ca/webapps/mp...ion-learn-more

You'll have to read for more details, but when I'm shipping, USA or Canada, here are my guidelines:

- Payment from a confirmed Paypal account protects me.
    - Online Proof of delivery for anything below 325 CAN (250 USD is for US sellers I believe) otherwise I loose any claim automatically.
    - Proof of delivery AND sgnature on receipt for anything above 325 CAN (250 USD for US again), otherwise I lose any claim automatically.

You should read the PAypal website for more accurate info.

Cheers,
    reoddai

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Devyn0417's Items on eBay

Bid retractions

Some advice on how to avoid these guys. Becoming too common on ebay, once in awhile I can live with it but noticing alot lately.

If I stick to bidding at the very last second do I avoid bid retractors but not completely shill bidders ?
    When someone overbids and then retracts are we notified of this action and given then the chance to cancel our bid or do we just become the next highest bidder by default ?

Sad part of all this, the biggest abusers of the system seem to be the "green star" established sellers, who are having buddies do them a favor and bid up their auctions.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

You become the next highest bidder by default, but the last price you bid, is the only price the seller can sell to you at. He cannot sell to you any higher than your last bid.

It's called 2nd chance. You as a buyer can still decline. The power as a buyer when you are sniped and offered a 2nd chance is all yours.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Just use a snipe, and you'll never worry about it again.

If you bid $30 (max)..... and are winning it for $2..... and then someone else bids $50, is winning it for $31, and then retracts.... you go back to winning it for $2.

BUT

If they then go back in and bid $29.99, you're the max bidder at $30.

If someone does retract a bid, you'll get an email telling you that..... and it will also tell you that you are now the highest bidder (if that's the case). You can retract your bid, sure, if there's still enough time left (I forget when the cut off time is).

If you're worried about shill bidders, just use a snipe instead. I've been using www.justsnipe.com for a couple of years, and have no problems. If you can get by with max 5 snipes per week, the service is free (for $5 per minth, you get unlimited).

BANNED

Country

Ebay group breaks

Hey guys, Anyone ever try the Ebay box group breaks? I tried 5 this week and must say I was suprised with how well I did.

#1 2011-12 Titanium $3 Vancouver Canucks - Hit Quick Jersey

#2 2011-12 Contenders $2.75 Vancouver Canucks - Hit Cody Hodgson Auto Rookie /800

#3 2011-12 SPx $5 Pittsburgh Penguins - Hit Jordan Staal Winning Materials

#4 2012-13 Certifed 3 Box Random Team $15 Win Jets - Shut out

#5 2011-12 Ultimate $7 Pittsburgh Penguins - Hit Ultimate sigs Evgeni Malkin

My theory is if you can grab a decent team for the cost of 1 pack then why not. Anyone else buy a team and hit anything nice?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See sjw241's Items on eBay

Just need to vent......
    I was asked by an Ebay member if I allow local pickups. I replied yes I do. They bought a card for $1.59, then asked if I would meet them about 15 minutes from my house to do the deal. When I said no they were upset! I kept my cool and explained that the 30 minutes of driving would cost me more in gas than the card he was buying, and he was welcome to PICK IT UP at my house. Am I wrong in saying local pick up means the buyer picks up the item, not that I drive it across town to wait and meet with them? I suggested that he pay the shipping fee and I would gladly mail the card to him. That didn't go well either.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 13stepper's Items on eBay

I believe it's called "local pick up" not " local delivery".

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays
    See pieytremblay's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

I totally agree with 13stepper...

Page 7 of 282 FirstFirst ... 456789101757107 ... LastLast