Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 183 of 282 FirstFirst ... 83133173180181182183184185186193233 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,830 of 2816
    Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Got a message from eBay TODAY. Offering me 1000 free listings. This is great news, since I like to sell things on their site, and the 100 free listings I get per month don't always cut it.

The free listings expire on January 26th. So what exactly was the point of the message?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See sjw241's Items on eBay

Got a message from eBay TODAY. Offering me 1000 free listings. This is great news, since I like to sell things on their site, and the 100 free listings I get per month don't always cut it.

The free listings expire on January 26th. So what exactly was the point of the message?

I got that message on the 18th. Weird that you just got it today?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Maple Leafs
    Twitter: @Andy417 COMC Cards For Sale

I just came here to post about getting the exact same message. I guess I will be calling them tomorrow. Would love to take advantage of it.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Relists didnt qualify also for the free 1000
    Trading for Steelers,Penguins,Pirates and Michigan players in Michigan uni

Hidden Content

Thanks to the USPS Shipping only to US addresses.

Shipping done on Saturdays no matter when the trade is confirmed

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ShamaleSands's Items on eBay

Haha Ranfordfan I received the message today too but didn't realize it ended yesterday :P I will call them tomorrow too and see what can be done about this. I need to call them anyways.

As for trading on eBay.. I have 2500 feedback and rarely get asked to trade. I always tell them that I am a member here on SCF where people trade but I will not trade on eBay. I've had all kinds of weird messages and requests on eBay and I hear about even more weird stuff. Millions of people on eBay and a few dozen on here that I've traded with... I would rather stick to trading on here than risk getting one of those scammers on eBay.

The_Chief... that does sound a little sketchy. I wouldn't imagine someone with 100% feedback sending you an empty one-touch but I also couldn't imagine how somoene would open YOUR package to take the card out. I do feel that for people like myself who re-use bubble-mailers (only when I print a shipping label which covers everything else) run the risk of having their package opened by someone in the mailing system as they could just tape it back up carefully and make it look the same. However unless the contents were labelled on the customs declaration I don't see why someone would open your package.

It's reasons like this that I simply write 'Trading Card' and declare the value at a very low amount. Even if it is a $60 (SV) I will write down $10. I understand the risk if/when my package ever becomes lost/stolen but I think the reward outweighs the risk. I started doing this years ago when selling silver and war medals on eBay. I simply write 'collectible' on the customs form. If the package I'm sending is worth more than $60-70 then I will use tracking insurance.
    Master List: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Professor-Chaos's Items on eBay

What a week.. 1st the Jacques Plante autograph I bought turned out to be a facsimile and now I just received a lot I won for a song.. The problem is that 3 of the key cards were replaced with junk and sent in a plain envelope so the cards are damaged..

Sometimes I wish I could reach through my computer screen..

Hope everyone is having better luck than me with eBay..

P-C
    --

SCF Rewards
    Country

Hey P-C... bought from you many times on eBay but I can't recall ever seeing you here on these boards. Not sure how you win cards for a song lol but I'm sure I would receive junk as well since all I can sing is Alice in Chains :P

Always been weary about eBay transactions and the scams I hear about, mostly because I have dealt a lot with Precious Metals, however the most expensive thing I've ever sent was a hockey card. The most I've been scammed for was a SSP Private Signings auto from someone who several SCF'ers have had problems with.

Now.. I'm not trying to put ideas in your head but... you don't always have to sit behind a computer screen :P

*edit* If someone sends me cards without top-loaders it means one of two things to me; they are not collectors or they are trying to save money and basically scamming you on shipping and service. If this happens I like to give the seller a chance and hear their reasoning. If the seller is rude (a lot of times they are) then I will give them negative feedback. If the damage was minor or on low-end cards then I will not leave feedback at all but I will make it a point to let the seller know that they cannot ship like that without getting negative feedback from the eBay community sooner or later.
    Last edited by Cunnuc; 01-29-2015 at 01:21 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

[QUOTE=Cunnuc; I do feel that for people like myself who re-use bubble-mailers (only when I print a shipping label which covers everything else) run the risk of having their package opened by someone in the mailing system as they could just tape it back up carefully and make it look the same.[/QUOTE]

I really hate seeing posts accusing USPS workers of possibly stealing,seeing I am a carrier myself.
    I highly doubt someone working for the postal service would exchange losing their job at $20+ an hour plus benefits for sports cards.That would be pretty idiotic.Plus...how would someone even know which parcels/bubble mailers were or weren't a collectable?? Finally...If someone sends items through the mail labeling them "sports cards"..nothing like ringing the dinner bell no?...I recommend they stop ASAP.All that is needed is to write on the box/envelope "DO NOT BEND".The only conceivable way sports cards would or could even be tampered with(in my opinion) is if you had them picked up at your home by your local carrier who had knowledge you were dealing with cards.Even then....would be kinda dumb seeing it would be easily traceable.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Who said anything about USPS? Both P-C and I are in Canada first of all...

You can read stories of corrupt employees in just about every industry but I wasn't accusing anyone in particular. I know for a fact a postal worker said to me 'there must be silver or gold in here, it's so heavy.' I said 'no, it's a car part'. Sometimes they just know.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I really hate seeing posts accusing USPS workers of possibly stealing,seeing I am a carrier myself.
    I highly doubt someone working for the postal service would exchange losing their job at $20+ an hour plus benefits for sports cards.That would be pretty idiotic.Plus...how would someone even know which parcels/bubble mailers were or weren't a collectable?? Finally...If someone sends items through the mail labeling them "sports cards"..nothing like ringing the dinner bell no?...I recommend they stop ASAP.All that is needed is to write on the box/envelope "DO NOT BEND".The only conceivable way sports cards would or could even be tampered with(in my opinion) is if you had them picked up at your home by your local carrier who had knowledge you were dealing with cards.Even then....would be kinda dumb seeing it would be easily traceable.

I'm pretty sure someone posted an article about a ring of USPS employees, or a USPS employee, who was stealing cards from the mail and then re-selling them, so it's not as if the post is an "accusation". It's been known to happen.

As to not being able to label them as "sports cards" well......first of all, employees shouldn't think about stealing anything no matter what it's labeled. The System and Customs (if being sent internationally) are asking you to declare what's inside. Second, the reason people don't label them "sports cards" is because.........they don't trust the postal system.

I find it odd that you'd have a problem with people labelling them "sports cards" (i.e. they get what they deserve if they're stolen) and in the same breath say you have a problem with people "accusing" the USPS.

As far as I understand the postal system, it's in the hands of your brethren from the moment it's sent to the moment it arrives, so.........

Page 183 of 282 FirstFirst ... 83133173180181182183184185186193233 ... LastLast