Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Face? Book?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Twitter: @OscarsCards See oscars-cards's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Face? Book?

Are any of you using facebook for hockey card stuff? I haven't used that site actively for years and years but I thought maybe I should get into it and create my alter ego account for trading card needs. Because who knows who you will meet on the way, am I right?

Are there any useful groups you know of where traders chat and showoff?

I'm not looking for a friend but if you're doing the same thing you can add me and I'll have to watch your card feed until I lose interest of the facebook again. You can find me here.
    SCF Threads: Hidden Content ; Hidden Content
    Check out these external spreadsheets for my various card lists:
    Hidden Content ; Hidden Content ;

OPG Assistant Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Rangers Ottawa Senators Toronto Blue Jays
    Twitter: @Attackfan74

lots of great groups literally 100's if not 1000's. Search "hockey cards" under groups and you will find them. Look at joining the ones with more members, and that have some sort of vetting system to get into the group. To many scammers out there to count its horrible. Always protect yourself, get vouches and protect the way you transfer money. Facebook marketplace is where I now do about 90% of my purchasing
    Bobby Ryan NON 1/1 PC 1280/1339 95.6%
    Aidan Dudas NON 1/1 PC 47/47 100%!!!!!
    Nick Suzuki PC 152 cards
    Wayne Gretzky PC 1593 cards
    Wade Boggs PC 359 cards
    Tony Gwynn PC 187 cards
    Derek Jeter PC 90 cards

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ShamaleSands's Items on eBay

Yeah I have never had Facebook or any type of social media.

I have been thinking about making an account strictly for sports cards. It seems to me over the many years that sites like this are losing people to Facebook Groups and Facebook marketplace.

I would rather deal with people here, on HI or eBay to be honest. It's been a long time since I've encountered a scammer and I don't intend to get scammed via facebook.
    Master List: Hidden Content

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

FB groups are filled with regular posts. Lots of "general" groups with 10s of thousands of members (SCF has group, if you're interested). Lots of "niche" groups too, where they're focused on a specific player or type of card.

I have not been active in selling or trading in a few years (I do the odd one here or there). Never been scammed in any of those groups - but it is a problem.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Washington Capitals Washington Capitals Washington Capitals
    See capsfan30's Items on eBay

I've done a couple of deals on Facebook. Definitely need to protect yourself, sooo many scammers out there. There's even a group dedicated to calling them out.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (108) Hobby Insider
    Country

I've made a few low-end deals on facebook. It is sad that people are now split in so many different groups and places.
    Wantlist: Hidden Content
    Tradelist: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

I am in a few groups on Facebook. Only did a few minor trades in the Tim Hortons trading group.
    Looking for Wayne Gretzky base/inserts that I don't have.

Looking for Vancouver Canuck base/inserts that I don't have.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See psychoforturkeys's Items on eBay

I'm only on anti-social media so no.

That being said, if anyone comes across any rare Giacomin cards....wink wink..
    FINDERS FEE: 10/11 BTP Lumbergraphs, 17 Leaf Masked Men Nameplate, Leaf Pearl Letter or Lace Giacomins.
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Saskatchewan Roughriders Saskatchewan Roughriders Saskatchewan Roughriders
    See goose97's Items on eBay

I randomly use FB for some trades or sales. I've started using FB as a hybrid to SCF by using Messenger to communicate because our PM system here is the old system that has it's limits, but still has a superior advantage when working out bigger detailed trades. I am in lots of groups however only use a very few of them. One that is very much the best vetted is @DaveS's Backyard Rink Hockey Cards Buy/Sell/Trade group. A lot of the people you find here are on there plus a bunch of other people not on SCF. So I say it's 100% trustworthy.
    Searching for: Jagr, Palffy, Stumpel, and Boyd
    ***Doing some massive updating. Please be patient!***
    My new trade page is almost complete. My player want lists, and PC is still under construction. It's progress is here:
    Hidden Content
    For Easy Trading use the SCF Inventory Manager! It is Fully Up to Date!!!
    Search my inventory on SCF here:
    Hidden Content
    Also Looking for any CFL Saskatchewan Roughriders Cards!!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Twitter: @OscarsCards See oscars-cards's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Thank you all guys for info! I think I'll get something out of it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast