Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 178 of 282 FirstFirst ... 78128168175176177178179180181188228278 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,780 of 2816

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See rydlar99's Items on eBay

Just thought I'd put someone who I thought was a decent buyer (use to take part in my breaks & other people I know's breaks) on people's radar.

scully_armstrong

I had a MacKinnon Autographed Rookie Masterpieces 1/1 from 13-14 The Cup up for auction on the release week of The Cup which he bid on and won for $470 all in. This fine gentleman a week later proceeded to tell me they're going for way less now on Nov 5th (they were going between $370-450 at that time) & he's taking a bath because they're apparently going for $200... which wasn't true. That said he would be OK to meet me at the Expo and give me $450 cash for it. I said fine... he never showed up claiming a car broke down etc etc, but he still really wanted the item but would understand if I relisted it etc (telling me this around Nov 12 or so). At that time I'm starting to see these cards go for a bit less - say 300-350. I say no, I'll give you time to pay, no problem... after 33 days, the day after I can't file an unpaid item case & get my $47+ of Final Value Fees back, he tells me he doesn't want the item. I write him a positive feedback, saying that he chose not to purchase the item, I'm out my Final Value Fees & would not do business again. (Yes I know we "cant" do this but what's a seller suppose to do). He gives me a neutral saying I wanted to go off ebay and am a total con.... just a real piece of work.

Now I look at how much the MacKinnon auto plates are going for and all I can think to myself is thanks a ton... as they're in the 200-250 range now. I know I've overpaid for items I've bid on in the past zealously on release days, but I never welch on a deal. I man up and stick to my guns, whether I got too little for an item (I've sold a card for $2000 and been offered $3500 less than 3 hours later and stuck to the $2000 deal out of principle). Just something's wrong with some people....

I've talked to some other breakers I know, 2 have banned him completely and one is on the fence, leaning towards getting rid of him.

Do with that info what you will.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Just reading the long series of comments regarding shipping.

It costs $7 to ship a bubble mailer from the USA to Canada now. Is that excessive?? Yes. Can I blame American sellers for charging the true cost of postage? No. If you don't like it, then that puts the cost of the card up too much, don't buy it. Hold out for a Canadian seller. Either that or find a friend to work with in the USA, or has already been mentioned: use a COMC mailbox (which works great, IMO).

As for the global priority shipping, it is a joke. What you have to remember though, is that it makes it incredibly easy for sellers. They are protected from chargebacks (so long as they do everything correctly) but for international orders, it's expensive.

You're paying $16.50 (or something like that) to Pitney Bowes, to handle the international shipping for the seller. That's the big thing there. If I understand it correctly the seller just sends to a domestic distribution center, with delivery confirmation, then PB takes care of the rest. They also charge extra for covering duties / import charges. This can get very expensive.

Is it ridiculous that you can easily spend $40 in shipping charge on a single card? Yes it is. Is it ridiculous that sellers would opt into this kind of shipping, to make things easiest on them... and safest too? No it is not. Don't blame the sellers. Blame eBay's policies.

BANNED

Country
    See jesiahj's Items on eBay

What's the usual turn around on a paypal dispute? Never went through a full one before.

Long story short, was missing a couple of cards that were listed as part of a lot. Contacted the seller via ebay, no response. Waited a few days and opened a case with paypal and contacted the seller, no response. After another week, escalated the case to a full dispute and he responds to paypal within 15 minutes of me escalating it but never sent a single message for me. All I'm asking for is the cards or a partial refund.. it's not rocket science.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Red Wings Minnesota Vikings Phoenix Coyotes
    See mattdmc2931's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

Well bad news here today, after several years of mailing and receiving goods from the USPS I finally got hit with the dreaded "WE CARE" bag.

Instantly I thought great now I have a missing card to report but to my surprise it was still in the bubble mailer!!!

Unfortunately it was bent in half in the bubble mailer.

It was purchased on ebay. I've never bought something on ebay that arrived damaged, what do I do? Do I contact the seller asking for a refund? That doesn't really seem fair as it was clearly the Post Office that damaged it and not the seller.

Oh and here's the card:

What do I do from here? Never got a damaged card before.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See jackofalltradesLA's Items on eBay

MattDMC, could the damage have been avoided by increased packaging around the card? Ie. was their sufficient support? Sorry to see that happen.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 13stepper's Items on eBay

Was the card packed with a decoy attached?

Well bad news here today, after several years of mailing and receiving goods from the USPS I finally got hit with the dreaded "WE CARE" bag.

Instantly I thought great now I have a missing card to report but to my surprise it was still in the bubble mailer!!!

Unfortunately it was bent in half in the bubble mailer.

It was purchased on ebay. I've never bought something on ebay that arrived damaged, what do I do? Do I contact the seller asking for a refund? That doesn't really seem fair as it was clearly the Post Office that damaged it and not the seller.

Oh and here's the card:

What do I do from here? Never got a damaged card before.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Red Wings Minnesota Vikings Phoenix Coyotes
    See mattdmc2931's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

MattDMC, could the damage have been avoided by increased packaging around the card? Ie. was their sufficient support? Sorry to see that happen.

Definitely could have been avoided, card was just in a top loader with no decoys or support around it.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See jackofalltradesLA's Items on eBay

Definitely could have been avoided, card was just in a top loader with no decoys or support around it.

Then the seller is the one to blame. Decoys (even just 4 base cards on both sides) work wonders. While we don't know if it would have prevented the damage that your card absorbed, the seller should definitely use an upgraded shipping method. If they flip out about a full refund, I'm sure a partial refund wouldn't be out of the question.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See rydlar99's Items on eBay

Maybe the seller can put in a claim for damaged items with USPS? (not sure how it works there?)... and then flip you the $ they get from that as compensation?

I've done this before on a tracked package that never ended up in the hands of someone who bought from me in the past here in Canada.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Any chance you could ask the manufacturer for a replacement?

Page 178 of 282 FirstFirst ... 78128168175176177178179180181188228278 ... LastLast