Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yankees & Phillies spring training

I'll be in Florida March 18th - 23rd & where i will be staying, I'll be an hour or so away from both the Yankees & Phillies ST facility's. Wondering what i might be in for if i was to go, maybe try to get a few IP graphs or just enjoy a game with my family? What can i expect? What time is usually a good time to show up to try & get the chance to get some autographs? Hour, 2 hours before the game starts? This is along ways away & things could change & i might not even make the trip to a game but like to be prepared in case i do go.

Thanks guys.
    Last edited by Riggs; 01-23-2013 at 10:22 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

The only time I have ever been to a Yankees spring training game was about 3 years ago. The visiting team the rays where great I got tons of stuff signed on the other side the Yankees not one person came out to sign. So maybe just bring some stuff for a game and try the visiting team? Hope your trip goes well!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See dmoney24246's Items on eBay

Riggs I will be going down from March 22nd-24th so I too am wondering what the best way to get in person graphs is..

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks for the replys guys, Like awz50 mentioned, I might just concentrate on away teams. Was looking at maybe doing the Braves on the 22nd vs Phillies or if we make the trip to the yankees, maybe hit up redsox, or twins. Either way, Away team might be key.

Bout what time did you show up at the park for your game awz50?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Well it was a day time game and I went with the family so I think I got there around 10:00 for a 1.05 first pitch. I thought it was a pretty good time to get there got to watch A-rod and Jeter hit some balls at the practice fields. Also Yogi Berra was in attendance so look out for him.

Hope this helps!
    Hidden Content
    Collecting Michael Pineda, Kyle Seager and Carlos Delgado

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See lizard-jd's Items on eBay

I'll be in Florida March 18th - 23rd & where i will be staying, I'll be an hour or so away from both the Yankees & Phillies ST facility's. Wondering what i might be in for if i was to go, maybe try to get a few IP graphs or just enjoy a game with my family? What can i expect? What time is usually a good time to show up to try & get the chance to get some autographs? Hour, 2 hours before the game starts? This is along ways away & things could change & i might not even make the trip to a game but like to be prepared in case i do go.

Thanks guys.

Rick, you're going to have a blast over there. I would advise the same thing about hitting the visiting teams. If you have a kid, you might want to try for Jeter but the Yanks are a tough get. I think the Phillies could be a better oppotunity. I'll be on the east coast with the Marlins & Cards. I just got my ST season tickets for the Marlins today so I'm fired up for all the visiting teams.

Good luck over the west coast, Rick!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Well it was a day time game and I went with the family so I think I got there around 10:00 for a 1.05 first pitch. I thought it was a pretty good time to get there got to watch A-rod and Jeter hit some balls at the practice fields. Also Yogi Berra was in attendance so look out for him.

Hope this helps!

Tremendous help, thank you.

Rick, you're going to have a blast over there. I would advise the same thing about hitting the visiting teams. If you have a kid, you might want to try for Jeter but the Yanks are a tough get. I think the Phillies could be a better oppotunity. I'll be on the east coast with the Marlins & Cards. I just got my ST season tickets for the Marlins today so I'm fired up for all the visiting teams.

Good luck over the west coast, Rick!

I knew you hit the ST hard in florida but didnt know what coast. From your past post, I was really hoping we would be staying a bit closer to Jupiter with he cardinals. The goods you got last year with them was nothing short of fantastic. Red Schoendienst would have been the #1 guy for me. He's a terrific HOFer & getting up there in age, virtually impossible anymore via TTM. Thats if he shows up this year. He is getting up there in age. Health always is a concern.

As for the Yanks, I'll have my 12 year old son, 7 year old son & there 13 year old cousin who is a HUGE Yankees fan so maybe i can con one of them to get me a Jeter or Berra ball if i see them.

With your knowledge of ST, someone like me thats going to be traveling 1300+ miles to get there *sigh*, What would be some good, neutral items to get signed? Thought about bringing some balls, maybe buying a program, taking some cards? Any ideas or suggestions? Of course this is all still subject to change. A lot can happen before then.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See lizard-jd's Items on eBay

Tremendous help, thank you.

I knew you hit the ST hard in florida but didnt know what coast. From your past post, I was really hoping we would be staying a bit closer to Jupiter with he cardinals. The goods you got last year with them was nothing short of fantastic. Red Schoendienst would have been the #1 guy for me. He's a terrific HOFer & getting up there in age, virtually impossible anymore via TTM. Thats if he shows up this year. He is getting up there in age. Health always is a concern.

As for the Yanks, I'll have my 12 year old son, 7 year old son & there 13 year old cousin who is a HUGE Yankees fan so maybe i can con one of them to get me a Jeter or Berra ball if i see them.

With your knowledge of ST, someone like me thats going to be traveling 1300+ miles to get there *sigh*, What would be some good, neutral items to get signed? Thought about bringing some balls, maybe buying a program, taking some cards? Any ideas or suggestions? Of course this is all still subject to change. A lot can happen before then.

Rick, probably the most easy and inexpensive to do are the cards. You can buy or print some 8x10s (they like signing those!). I showed some of the guys on SCF how to do the 8x10 team logos on photo paper and those are great for getting lots of graphs (make sure you tell them to add their uniform numbers so you know who signed it!). You can make a number of those ahead of time to bring down with you. I also use the large logos for players from the minors and/or for guys who I don't recognize until I can look them up. The funny part is that after a while, you will recognize the sigs without the numbers (I pretty much know the sigs of the Marlins & Cards big league players). Balls are pretty expensive, I just bought a dozen ROMLBs for $150 (free S&H on eBay). I only use the ROMLBs for the big time guys.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See darryl-zero's Items on eBay

I graphed the Phils in 08, 09 and 2010 at the games. Sections 120 and 121 at Brighthouse Networks field worked the best for me getting the home team. It's right down the third base line, and where the Phils come out and go to the clubhouse. I was able to graph before the game and after the game, and did pretty well all three years.
    I NEED 02/03 Topps Heritage Calder Cloth cards!!!
    Always looking for signed Philadelphia Sports Illustrateds!
    Have an odd Richie Ashburn item? I might want it!
    Looking for 66-67 Topps Hockey