Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Sending Donations with TTM

On the envelope, do you indicate that a donation is enclosed?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I would not. It would just alert others that there might be cash on the inside. I would love to live in a perfect world where every single person who works in the postal service is honest 100% of the time, but why tempt them?
    Hidden Content ~ best SCF feature ever!
    Go Mets, Colts, Reds and The Ohio State University
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

if youre worried, send the donation as a check. I like to write it, because it makes said person more likely to open the mail.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I decided to write check enclosed on the envelope

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I've only enclosed a donation once (Boggs) but I didn't indicate that there was a donation inside. I put $10 cash in the envelope and said in my letter "Please accept my donation to the charity of your choice"..it worked just fine, got the ball in about 2 weeks with HOF inscription.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Oakland Athletics
    COMC Cards For Sale

i did a cash donation to bob feller but just threw the money in the envelope....still got my ball back in under a week

SCF Rewards
    Country

My success rate is near 100% since I started to send requests TTM in October. I've never indicated that money is inside my bubble mailer. My only failure so far is Whitey Ford, but at least he returned my cash and ball.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I never write donation enclosed but then again, the tough ones would be Ralph Kiner or Red Schoendienst, the latter of which does a number of signings each year while Kiner may be about done signing, either TTM or public signings.

I usually enclose checks rather than cash. It gives me an idea of when they get cashed and I can expect to get my photo or cards back. Not sure why Whitey never signed.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Whitey Ford, when returning my ROMLB and cash, included a slip of paper indicating he's signing through Steiner. I visited the Steiner site and it claims to have an exclusive. I might try Whitey again now that someone has posted a success through the TTM Manager. Ford seems so erratic that I might not try again.

I have also been thinking of submitting a ROMLB to Ralph Kiner TTM. What has stopped me so far is that his success rate in the TTM Manager seems iffy and his penmanship seems questionable lately.