Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 302
  1. #101
    OK, what about something less lethal....a stun gun

    If someone steals your stun gun, and uses it on someone else.....should you be charged in the assault?
    Sorry, no PayPal gift and no international shipping.
    "Hidden Content " (Titus 2:11)

  2. #102


    Wickabee's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    16,750
    Country
    Card Cash
    250.00
    Savings
    0.00
    Blog Entries
    2
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)

    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by notes2us View Post
    OK, what about something less lethal....a stun gun

    If someone steals your stun gun, and uses it on someone else.....should you be charged in the assault?
    That depends. Are you trying to find the line to draw and genuinely add to a solution, or, like Jay, are you just trying to come up with reasons to do nothing?

    I would say yes. A stun gun,Ike a gun, only has one real use. So make them registered and if it is used in a crime you are definitely open to charges.

    I'll clarify a little, I'm not saying you should always be charged. If you took every precaution and it still get stolen and used I say you should still be chargeable, but not necessarily charged.

  3. #103
    Quote Originally Posted by notes2us View Post
    OK, what about something less lethal....a stun gun

    If someone steals your stun gun, and uses it on someone else.....should you be charged in the assault?
    I'm on the fence with this one. I don't think you're going to find anyone ever using something like this and go on a killing spree. As far as I know you don't have to go through any special training to buy or use one (I could be wrong) you just have to be 18. Not exactly sure how I would rate stun guns and pepper sprays, ect. Personally I wouldn't put them any where near the same category as fire arms. If some mass killings start going down with stun guns and pepper spray I guess I'd be far more harsh. It doesn't seem to be an issue however. I do think you should be responsible and keep such items put in proper places.

  4. #104


    Wickabee's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    16,750
    Country
    Card Cash
    250.00
    Savings
    0.00
    Blog Entries
    2
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)

    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    So essentially, categorizing all weapons properly is step one?

    Hmmm, where have I heard that before?

  5. #105
    Quote Originally Posted by BGT Masters View Post
    I'll get some more stupid comparisons out of the way sinc we've already been over the car one. I gun is pretty much in its own category. Not recognizing that is just bringing total bias to the discussion.

    If someone steals your potato peeler and kills someone with it.........
    If someone steals a rock from your yard and kills someone with it.........
    If someone steals your chainsaw and kills someone with it........
    If someone steals an apple off your tree and kills someone with it......
    If someone steals your pillow and kills someone with it.........
    If someone steals your belt and kills someone with it.........
    If someone steals your mail and kills someone with it.........

    Now the mind blown question is, if someone digs up your body after you're buried (if you decide to be buried) and kills someone with it. Are you held accountable, or your next of kin for not correctly locking your bones up? Give me a break. A gun is NOT any of those things, its a gun. If you cannot understand that aspect of this entire discussion you bring nothing into it but ignorance.

    Or we could just blame the ones who commit the crimes instead of blaming the owner that had their property stolen.

  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickabee View Post
    That depends. Are you trying to find the line to draw and genuinely add to a solution, or, like Jay, are you just trying to come up with reasons to do nothing?

    I would say yes. A stun gun,Ike a gun, only has one real use. So make them registered and if it is used in a crime you are definitely open to charges.

    I'll clarify a little, I'm not saying you should always be charged. If you took every precaution and it still get stolen and used I say you should still be chargeable, but not necessarily charged.
    While I believe there are things that need to be done to strengthen up the laws to obtain a firearm (ie: more in-depth background checks, better training, closing loopholes in the current laws, etc), requiring everyone to lock up their guns like Fort Knox is a bit ridiculous. I can "maybe" understand small safes or trigger locks, but requiring huge guns safes that cost hundreds of dollars is a bit much. Also, if you obtain your firearm legally and carefully store it, I don't agree with the standpoint of charging them with a crime if the weapon is stolen and used to commit a crime. That is a bit over the top. If someone really wanted to steal something from you......no matter how many precautions you take, they will more than likely get it.

    When do we place the responsibility on the criminal? They are the ones who broke into your home, stole your firearm, and used it to commit another crime. The owner of the legally acquired firearm is the victim of a crime (breaking and entering, theft, etc) - why charge a victim as an accomplice in a crime?

    As for stun guns, I did some quick research. Most states require no permit whatsoever to possess or use.
    Sorry, no PayPal gift and no international shipping.
    "Hidden Content " (Titus 2:11)

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by BGT Masters View Post
    I'm on the fence with this one. I don't think you're going to find anyone ever using something like this and go on a killing spree. As far as I know you don't have to go through any special training to buy or use one (I could be wrong) you just have to be 18. Not exactly sure how I would rate stun guns and pepper sprays, ect. Personally I wouldn't put them any where near the same category as fire arms. If some mass killings start going down with stun guns and pepper spray I guess I'd be far more harsh. It doesn't seem to be an issue however. I do think you should be responsible and keep such items put in proper places.
    I do not completely agree with you. While a stun gun will not kill you, it will incapacitate you. Thus, making someone vulnerable to other crimes (ie: rape, theft, heck....even murder)
    Sorry, no PayPal gift and no international shipping.
    "Hidden Content " (Titus 2:11)

  8. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by jaybird_1981 View Post
    Or we could just blame the ones who commit the crimes instead of blaming the owner that had their property stolen.
    I agree with this
    Sorry, no PayPal gift and no international shipping.
    "Hidden Content " (Titus 2:11)

  9. #109


    Wickabee's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    16,750
    Country
    Card Cash
    250.00
    Savings
    0.00
    Blog Entries
    2
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)

    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    No one says charge the gun owner and let the criminal walk. He's still getting punished for his crime, the gun owner is just charged for his negligence.

    How about this, if your gun is stolen and proven to be used in a crime you aren't charged, but you do lose your right to own a firearm because you were negligent in you keeping of it.

    I'm just sick of the constant calls to do absolutely nothing.

  10. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickabee View Post
    No one says charge the gun owner and let the criminal walk. He's still getting punished for his crime, the gun owner is just charged for his negligence.

    How about this, if your gun is stolen and proven to be used in a crime you aren't charged, but you do lose your right to own a firearm because you were negligent in you keeping of it.

    I'm just sick of the constant calls to do absolutely nothing.
    What degree of negligence are you talking about?
    Sorry, no PayPal gift and no international shipping.
    "Hidden Content " (Titus 2:11)

Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •