Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 51213141516171825 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TheBench(150)
    Country
    See tpeichel34's Items on eBay

How is "the people" a well regulated militia?
    If they meant the people why didn't they say "the people"

Because in the context of the time, the people were the militia.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TheBench(150)
    Country
    See tpeichel34's Items on eBay

And in the 1700's it was sort of possible for well managed militias to defends themselves against threads coming from over seas. This DOES NOT pertain to today. We've been over this. I don't care if a million well armed civilians take on a force on a few thousands USA military. The military would stomp us into the ground. I understand the purpose and meaning behind the second amendment. However it DOES NOT apply to today. Weapons in today's society are far different and even if needed it wouldn't be possible for non military personal to actually put up any real fight. You really think with a straight face that some state militia could take on the USA military?

They'd do much better with their semi-automatic rifles and large clips. And you're assuming the entire military would side with a government trying to suppress individual rights. The North Koreans are disarmed and look at the state of their "freedom".

SCF Rewards
    Country

Well, here's one that contradicts yours.....

"Theft is covered under certain types of auto insurance programs, and since the event is not the fault of the driver, it will not count against you."
    http://voices.yahoo.com/if-car-stole...74.html?cat=27

Now, one additional caveat that I did not mention (my fault), it this may also differ from state-to-state. At that time, I was in California and that is how many insurance companies worked.

That's the problem with the internet, like the car commercial says. On a side note since apparently I was personally attacking people and got a warning, I'm out. Not worth me getting suspended from I site I am here mainly to trade on because I offended someone who has power. I feel had I sided on the other side of the person instead of arguing with them I wouldn't have gotten a warning. Whatever. Carry on the good fight Wickabee. I'm done with this discussion.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Because in the context of the time, the people were the militia.

So you're saying this was written in the context of a different time, but there's no reason to update it to reflect the difference between then and now, because it's not a matter of context, it's a matter of understanding, and no one understands it because it was written in the context of a different time.

Forgive me for getting lost in that.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Now, one additional caveat that I did not mention (my fault), it this may also differ from state-to-state. At that time, I was in California and that is how many insurance companies worked.

That's kind of the crux of your whole argument...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Oakland Athletics
    COMC Cards For Sale

ive got guns, and i wouldnt think twice about shooting someone that tries to break into my house.....just saying.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

ive got guns, and i wouldnt think twice about shooting someone that tries to break into my house.....just saying.

I can totally respect that. I just think you should be responsible for your guns at all times. If you keep them stored properly and they get stolen and used in a crime, no penalty to you. If you keep it in the cupboard behind the plates and it gets stolen and someone dies from it, then you deserve a punishment. Just my thought.

SCF Rewards
    Country

So you're saying this was written in the context of a different time, but there's no reason to update it to reflect the difference between then and now, because it's not a matter of context, it's a matter of understanding, and no one understands it because it was written in the context of a different time.

Forgive me for getting lost in that.

There is a way to "update" it I believe its the 14th amendment and if someones idea is sow great just start working on that 3/4 requirement of sitting governors for approval. If the idea isn't good enough to get that number FORGET IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You see most of the people on this topic are just wrong we are not a democracy we are a REPUBLIC. Its all based on a balance of power between state and federal, congress, executive and judicial. Not the media and Piers Morgan or Alex Jones. None of them speak for me until they REPORT the FACTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

These are the FACTS in order to ratify the constitution you need the governors to do so. They can speak for the people on any matter including gun control, abortion you name it. Not you PUPPET president who is suppose to act like a commander in chief not CEO of some dysfunctional and desperate corporation that is facing bankruptcy.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

There is a way to "update" it I believe its the 14th amendment and if someones idea is sow great just start working on that 3/4 requirement of sitting governors for approval. If the idea isn't good enough to get that number FORGET IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You see most of the people on this topic are just wrong we are not a democracy we are a REPUBLIC. Its all based on a balance of power between state and federal, congress, executive and judicial. Not the media and Piers Morgan or Alex Jones. None of them speak for me until they REPORT the FACTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

These are the FACTS in order to ratify the constitution you need the governors to do so. They can speak for the people on any matter including gun control, abortion you name it. Not you PUPPET president who is suppose to act like a commander in chief not CEO of some dysfunctional and desperate corporation that is facing bankruptcy.

Dude. Put down the crackpipe and calm down, jeez.

The thing is this is how you build support. By talking about it. By trying over and over. YOU don't seem to understand how grassroots politics work. If you want people to shut up simply because you think they're annoying, there's no need to go on a rant about the media and a President you don't like (though the majority did...twice). Just say, "I'm annoyed, think I'm more important so shh!"
    That way we can ignore your non comment and move on to actually discussing solutions to problems without being brought back to "Obama Sucks" for the millionth time.

By the way, there's no prize for that. Sorry.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

wickabee, i can go as far to say I think anyone who owns firearms should have them in safe storage and reasonably secured. But I do not agree they should be forced to buy some safe that meets some type of standards that some government agency created. If so they should receive a free voucher for one, like the Obamaphones.

and if you hid it behind the plates in your cupboard and they found it, the only thing that would stop them is a large $400 and up type safe. or, I guess you could just stay at home with your gun waiting for them to come and steal it?

Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 51213141516171825 ... LastLast