Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 61314151617181926 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Oakland Athletics
    COMC Cards For Sale

I can totally respect that. I just think you should be responsible for your guns at all times. If you keep them stored properly and they get stolen and used in a crime, no penalty to you. If you keep it in the cupboard behind the plates and it gets stolen and someone dies from it, then you deserve a punishment. Just my thought.

i have no kids, im only 21, there are no kids living here. everyone here is skilled with a gun (i come from a family that hunts) they are unloaded at all times and put up

also everyone here has their hunters education cards
    Last edited by stlcardinalsfan; 01-08-2013 at 06:52 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Now your reaching...as always.

In what regard? Where is my reach? The gun comparison? That is fact, not a reach. The Assault Weapons Ban banned guns if they had a bayonet attached. By simply removing the bayonet it stopped being classified as an assault weapon.

Provide a valid argument why we should not ban assault weapons...

1) Because banning assault weapons based on looks is both illogical and a waste of taxpayer dollars to legislate.
    2) Because single-shot, bolt-action, level-action and pump-action firearms kill too. We need to legislate nutjobs back into institutions instead of legislating the constituion away so that we can protect the feelings of mentally unstable people.
    3) Because if assault weapons kill people then forks and spoons make people fat. Banning assault weapons does not address the real problem which is keeping guns out of the hands of lunatics.

Your reply well cards can do 100 MPH and we dont ban those? really? Sorry but that logic fails in so many ways. IF these how you are going to argue the point then you have already lost.

Ignoring my point doesn't make it invalid. You want someone to prove that we need assault weapons as a reason to not ban them yet you think the same argument doesn't apply to everything? Sorry, it easily does. We have lots of things in our society that we don't need. Cigarettes, fast cars, fast food restuarants, alcoholic beverages...all of these contribute to people dying and none of them are things that we NEED in life. So ban them too.

I would love to show you that person can get a FID card faster then obtaining a drivers license.

You said it was easier. Show me. I have both a driver's license and have purchased a handgun and gotten a CCW permit and I know the process to get both. The handgun and CCW is not easier to get. But feel free to prove me wrong.

I think he has a very valid point. Before you can ban assault weapons you need a much better and clearer system of classification. That's step one, you're trying to skip over it.

Thank you. That was my entire point. Banning guns based on looks and not on lethality would be both ignorant and waste of taxpayer money. The first assault weapons ban was a joke for this exact reason.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

i have no kids, im only 21, there are no kids living here. everyone here is skilled with a gun (i come from a family that hunts) they are unloaded at all times and put up

also everyone here has their hunters education cards

Then you shouldn't be against this sort of legislation, since you store your guns properly and safely. If one should get stolen and used to kill someone, as long as it was properly and safely stored, zero liability to you. If you don't store it properly and safely then you should be charged with criminal negligence.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

Please clear this up for me because i think I am missing something.Are you saying if you have a loaded gun stolen from your home and it is used in a crime then you the gun owner should be charged?Or are you saying something else

Then you shouldn't be against this sort of legislation, since you store your guns properly and safely. If one should get stolen and used to kill someone, as long as it was properly and safely stored, zero liability to you. If you don't store it properly and safely then you should be charged with criminal negligence.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

wickabee, i can go as far to say I think anyone who owns firearms should have them in safe storage and reasonably secured. But I do not agree they should be forced to buy some safe that meets some type of standards that some government agency created. If so they should receive a free voucher for one, like the Obamaphones.

and if you hid it behind the plates in your cupboard and they found it, the only thing that would stop them is a large $400 and up type safe. or, I guess you could just stay at home with your gun waiting for them to come and steal it?

A while back someone told me if you can't afford a generator don't buy a house. Same logic here. I think there should be a specification for allowable safes. Everyone doesn't need to go out and buy one. Grandfather in safes that are perfectly fine. If you have a system that you can prove is as good or better than the minimum safe, by all means keep it.
    But none of that matter since the only way to enforce it is after the fact. Im not talking about forcing everyone to get safes. If you don't think your gun will be stolen and are willing to take the risk, gamble away. If you lose, though, you pay the consequences.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Please clear this up for me because i think I am missing something.Are you saying if you have a loaded gun stolen from your home and it is used in a crime then you the gun owner should be charged?Or are you saying something else

I've said it several times. If your gun was properly stored and its stolen and a used there is no problem. If it wasn't stored properly and safely, then I think a criminal negligence charge is in order. Pretty simple.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

OK so daytime when I am not home stored in a safe is ok.But at night I sleep with it under my pillow ok also as long as it does not get stolen.Which I am going to say 95% chance its not because whoever comes in is getting turned into swiss cheese

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Exactly. It's not to punish total innocents, just those neglectful enough to allow their funs to be stolen relatively easily.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TheBench(150)
    Country
    See tpeichel34's Items on eBay

So you're saying this was written in the context of a different time, but there's no reason to update it to reflect the difference between then and now, because it's not a matter of context, it's a matter of understanding, and no one understands it because it was written in the context of a different time.

Forgive me for getting lost in that.

If you want to change the wording of the 2nd Amendment from 'militia' to 'the people' then you won't get any argument from me, but most people who want to change the 2nd Amendment aren't looking for that type of clarification. They are looking to make significant changes that allow almost unlimited weaponry to the military and police while restricting access to citizens.

If guns are really the problem, shouldn't we be disarming the military and police? After all, the amount of deaths they are responsible for dwarfs the deaths caused by citizens using firearms.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

OK so daytime when I am not home stored in a safe is ok.But at night I sleep with it under my pillow ok also as long as it does not get stolen.Which I am going to say 95% chance its not because whoever comes in is getting turned into swiss cheese

Where on Earth do you live that you have to live like this?

Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 61314151617181926 ... LastLast