Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

21 is even better

but when it comes to family's that hunt, I have no issue with a kid using a firearm safely.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

I have no problem with minors hunting and using a rifle. There is no need for them to be waving a handgun around. There should be a bonafide legal age of 18 or 21 for ownership of a handgun, no exceptions.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I have no problem with minors hunting and using a rifle. There is no need for them to be waving a handgun around. There should be a bonafide legal age of 18 or 21 for ownership of a handgun, no exceptions.

That much I can agree with.

SCF Rewards
    Country

having ahand gun as backup when hunting is a good plan (well depending on what you hunt)

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

If you're under 18-21 you shouldn't be hunting alone. Let the adults have the handgun.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I would disagree, some kids are responsible enough and some families need them to hunt

but, I do get what you are saying and agree on average no one under 21 should have a handgun

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I hate to revive a dead thread, but I just finally got to read this and felt the need to respond to a few comments.

Meanwhile the rest of the first world: Most have very limited guns and have no where near the amount of gun violence as the U.S

Using your logic. The UK has less DUI deaths per year than the US because they have a lower per capita ownership of cars, so we need to outlaw cars in the US to prevent DUI deaths.

Strict rules and laws to obtain sellers permits
    Ban sales of ammo on the internet
    Ban assault such as the AR15's and Buswacker- I am sure there are a ton more
    Ban high capacity clips
    Limit the amount of ammo to be purchased by a private individual
    Set tough guidelines at the federal level for penalties for violators
    Require a weapons course and /or test to obtain as gun permit - you have to do this to get a drivers license?
    Limit the number of weapons to a household to 6

Strict rules and laws to obtain sellers permits - Already done
    Ban high capacity clips - Already done
    Set tough guidelines at the federal level for penalties for violators - Already done (unless your name is Eric Holder, then you get a free pass by the president)
    Require a weapons course and /or test to obtain as gun permit - Already done

Ban sales of ammo on the internet - Why? Is ammo bought on the internet more deadly?
    Ban assault such as the AR15's and Buswacker - Does what a gun looks like make it deadlier?
    Limit the amount of ammo to be purchased by a private individual - Again, why? Is a person who has 200 bullets less deadly than one who has 500?
    Limit the number of weapons to a household to 6 - Why? A single person can only use one at a time. What is the point?

Still doesnt make it right In my opinion
    18 is a better age
    15 for FID Card which here in Mass the Police handle those applications

I see no reason why a 15 year old should be blocked from going turkey hunting with his dad because some nut misused a gun to kill kids.

If you're under 18-21 you shouldn't be hunting alone. Let the adults have the handgun.

So you oppose an 18 year old being able to own and use a gun? Would that apply across the board or is it OK for an 18 year old to carry a gun if it is issued by the military so he can go kill foreigners? Do we need to change the legal age of an adult too? Because if you aren't mature enough to own a gun at 18 then you aren't mature enough to be tried as an adult either.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

18-21 was a range, so no, I'm not opposed to a legal adult owning a firearm. In fact, the only reasoniI added the "-21" was because that's the "everything is okay to do everywhere now" age. Really, I should have just put 18.
    I am opposed to being allowed to die "for your country" before you're allowed to have a beer.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

18-21 was a range, so no, I'm not opposed to a legal adult owning a firearm. In fact, the only reasoniI added the "-21" was because that's the "everything is okay to do everywhere now" age. Really, I should have just put 18.
    I am opposed to being allowed to die "for your country" before you're allowed to have a beer.

I was gonna say the same thing. The idea that the government forces us to register for selective service at 18 but prevents us from drinking a beer is asinine to me. An 18 year old is capable of carrying an assault rifle, launching a missile and planting a land mine, but they are too irresponsible to drink a beer.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm going to add a couple things and I'm done. Somewhere between 85-95% of crimes involving a gun are committed with stolen guns. I believe there should be a law that gun owners need to have their weapon(s) secured in some type of safe if they are not at home. To believe if there was a law prohibiting guns criminals would swayed to turn in guns they have in their possession would be foolish.

...Rick

Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast