Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7891011121320 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 302
  1. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMan1978 View Post
    Strict rules and laws to obtain sellers permits
    Ban sales of ammo on the internet
    Ban assault such as the AR15's and Buswacker- I am sure there are a ton more
    Ban high capacity clips
    Limit the amount of ammo to be purchased by a private individual
    Set tough guidelines at the federal level for penalties for violators
    Require a weapons course and /or test to obtain as gun permit - you have to do this to get a drivers license?
    Limit the number of weapons to a household to 6


    Just a start Brandon

    When you say Buswacker, I assume you meant to spell Bushwacker. If that's the case, do you mean the Cross Bow? Or Bushmaster the AR-15 manufacturer?
    "There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leader, and concerting measures in opposition to each other. This, in my humble apprehension, is to be dreaded as the greatest political evil under our Constitution" - John Adams, March 4, 1797 – March 4, 1801

  2. #92


    Wickabee's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    17,366
    Country
    Card Cash
    250.00
    Savings
    0.00
    Blog Entries
    2
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)

    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by BGT Masters View Post
    Well from what I understand is he wants nothing to change. Anytime gun control is brought up alls you hear is him and others throw a complete fit. The currently over used quote is When you expect different result without doing something different is insanity. if you're not willing to reform gun laws, nothing will change. So to me, if you're not willing to change anything, but you want things to change, you're nut aka crazy/insane.
    No argument from me, except that he's no gun nut.
    Patiently waiting for someone to bring back sax solos and keytars non ironically.

  3. #93
    again, the criminals and insane people are the issue, not the average gun owner. making more laws for the honest people does nothing to fix the issue.
    this is the same logic as increasing taxes but not cutting spending, this does not fix anything, just makes people feel like they get to punish those they think should be punished. the tax payers are not at fault, government spending is.

    gun owners are not at fault, criminals are.
    Jay Shrewsbury
    Hidden Content

  4. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by Zimbow View Post
    When you say Buswacker, I assume you meant to spell Bushwacker. If that's the case, do you mean the Cross Bow? Or Bushmaster the AR-15 manufacturer?
    I do apologize for the typos

    Honestly I am not a gun but at all so I wouldnt know either weapon but here is a list that would be a good start

    http://oag.ca.gov/sites/all/files/pdfs/firearms/forms/awguide.pdf


    In addition back it with this
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal...lt_Weapons_Ban
    TRADING FOR ALL JEROME BETTIS I NEED! Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Collecting Roethlisberger and Charlie Batch
    “The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows.”-Buddha

  5. #95
    Encore well said


    Quote Originally Posted by shrewsbury View Post
    again, the criminals and insane people are the issue, not the average gun owner. Making more laws for the honest people does nothing to fix the issue.
    This is the same logic as increasing taxes but not cutting spending, this does not fix anything, just makes people feel like they get to punish those they think should be punished. The tax payers are not at fault, government spending is.

    Gun owners are not at fault, criminals are.
    "Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here". Jack Nicholson
    The true hypocrite is the one who ceases to perceive his deception, the one who lies with sincerity. ~André Gide
    My Bucket
    Hidden Content

  6. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by BGT Masters View Post
    Ever try Kmart. ;) I did buy it maybe 5 years ago so maybe for some odd reason there was a price increase. And no its not a small lock box. Though I have one in it. The thing weighs more than I do if I had to guess 250 pounds, and I can just about fit in it (I'm 6' 185 lbs). (Yes I actually tried). Again I didn't shop around for deals just saw it one day. I am pretty sure at Tractor Supply they have similar gun safes around the same price. If you're seriously looking for one I can always stop by and see what they have a snag some pics. I do remember they having one more than big enough to fit two people in for about $700 awhile back.
    I would say they have gone up quite a bit in the last 5 years. My guess is the movement to ban guns, etc. has spawned a rise in price because more and more people are buying and stockpiling guns and creating a bigger market for safes. We have a Tractor Supply here too, they are on par with the prices I have seen other places. I missed a good deal on a 12 gun safe in Gander Mountain that knocked the normally $700 safe down to $500, but that is the least expensive one that I have found so far.

    Quote Originally Posted by MadMan1978 View Post
    I will be one person who will back the ban of assault weapons and other related items. as well as tough access to permits and stronger and better safety courses. In most states it is easier to get a gun and a permit to carry then get a drivers license.
    I am unaware of any state in the country that requires an FBI database background check for a driver's license or that will limit your ability to get a driver's license if you broke a law 20 or 30 years ago. There is no state that it is easier to get a handgun and license to carry than it is to get a driver's license.

    Quote Originally Posted by MadMan1978 View Post
    I have not heard one valid argument for any private citizen owning an AR 15 or any weapon like that. NOT ONE! they are not needed for hunting and not needed to defend your home. They are assault weapons and meant to kill period and nothing more.
    There is no arguable need for a car that can go 100MPH yet every car produced is capable of it. Should we outlaw cars than can exceed the speed limit? Demanding validation of a need does not negate the consitutional right to own something. If I can not prove that I need something it does not eliminate my right to own it.

    Quote Originally Posted by MadMan1978 View Post
    I do apologize for the typos

    In addition back it with this
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal...lt_Weapons_Ban
    You are aware that the Assault Weapons Ban was just one big joke, right? It did not limit firepower, killing ability or magazine capacity of guns. It eliminated cosmetic things such as folding stocks, flash suppresors, bayonets and pistol grips.

    Example:

    This gun was illegal


    This gun was not illegal

    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "Amidst the uncertainties of war, every soldier is entitled to one certainty...that he will not be forgotten.
    Poor is the nation that has no heroes, shameful is the one that, having them...forgets."


  7. #97


    Wickabee's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    17,366
    Country
    Card Cash
    250.00
    Savings
    0.00
    Blog Entries
    2
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)

    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by shrewsbury View Post
    again, the criminals and insane people are the issue, not the average gun owner. making more laws for the honest people does nothing to fix the issue.
    this is the same logic as increasing taxes but not cutting spending, this does not fix anything, just makes people feel like they get to punish those they think should be punished. the tax payers are not at fault, government spending is.

    gun owners are not at fault, criminals are.
    Dude. What I'm saying is allowing your gun to be stolen and used in a crime should make you a criminal and therefor a problem. Come on, you have a gun, you couldn't possibly be robbed because you have the ultimate in protection!

    You just want to do nothing about everything, Jay. You may not be a criminal but part of the problem? Definitely.
    Patiently waiting for someone to bring back sax solos and keytars non ironically.

  8. #98
    allowing my gun to be stolen? hello, if it was stolen that would mean I had no part of it, someone took it without my permission!!!!

    I want to do stuff that actually works and not punish those that should not be punished and really punish those that should be punished.

    the blame is not on the owner it is on the criminal, and when a criminal is caught I do not believe in prisoner rights, you have no rights if you are a criminal.

    the real issue is repeat offenders and soft sentencing, not a home owner who should make their house in to fort knox.

    neglect would be leaving your gun in the front yard, leaving a loaded gun unsecured around children, or punishing the innocent because you cannot deal with the guilty.

    wickabee, at least you don't attack and name call
    Jay Shrewsbury
    Hidden Content

  9. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickabee View Post
    Dude. What I'm saying is allowing your gun to be stolen and used in a crime should make you a criminal and therefor a problem. Come on, you have a gun, you couldn't possibly be robbed because you have the ultimate in protection!

    You just want to do nothing about everything, Jay. You may not be a criminal but part of the problem? Definitely.
    If someone steals your car and kills someone should you also be held accountable?

  10. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by jaybird_1981 View Post
    If someone steals your car and kills someone should you also be held accountable?
    I'll get some more stupid comparisons out of the way sinc we've already been over the car one. I gun is pretty much in its own category. Not recognizing that is just bringing total bias to the discussion.

    If someone steals your potato peeler and kills someone with it.........
    If someone steals a rock from your yard and kills someone with it.........
    If someone steals your chainsaw and kills someone with it........
    If someone steals an apple off your tree and kills someone with it......
    If someone steals your pillow and kills someone with it.........
    If someone steals your belt and kills someone with it.........
    If someone steals your mail and kills someone with it.........

    Now the mind blown question is, if someone digs up your body after you're buried (if you decide to be buried) and kills someone with it. Are you held accountable, or your next of kin for not correctly locking your bones up? Give me a break. A gun is NOT any of those things, its a gun. If you cannot understand that aspect of this entire discussion you bring nothing into it but ignorance.

Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7891011121320 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •