Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1825262728293031 LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 302
  1. #271


    Wickabee's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    16,751
    Country
    Card Cash
    250.00
    Savings
    0.00
    Blog Entries
    2
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)

    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by shrewsbury View Post
    if the only reason you own a gun is to stop a government takeover, then you have some deep seeded issues and perhaps should have your guns removed, or just make in easy on yourself and move into the mountains, swamp, or desert
    Ahh, it's been awhile. Fully agreed.

    And I'd just like to repeat myself again since I apparently need to. I don't want to take anyone's guns away. I just want owners to be responsible or face consequences. Just in case anyone hasn't fully figured that out yet.

  2. #272



    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,469
    Country
    Card Cash
    0.00
    Savings
    0.00
    Transferred Feedback
    TheBench(150)

    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by shrewsbury View Post
    if the only reason you own a gun is to stop a government takeover, then you have some deep seeded issues and perhaps should have your guns removed, or just make in easy on yourself and move into the mountains, swamp, or desert
    It can't happen? It probably won't in my lifetime, but who knows what can happen in the next 50-100 years. History is replete with instances of governments disarming the citizenry and then terrorizing them. Just look at some of the recent examples.

    There's the Soviet Union, Germany, Uganda, Armenia, China, etc. In each instance we have a disarmed populace slaughtered by the government.

    http://www.mercyseat.net/gun_genocide.html#sovietunion
    Buying "Broder" unlicensed sets and singles.

  3. #273


    Wickabee's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    16,751
    Country
    Card Cash
    250.00
    Savings
    0.00
    Blog Entries
    2
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)

    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by tpeichel View Post
    It can't happen? It probably won't in my lifetime, but who knows what can happen in the next 50-100 years. History is replete with instances of governments disarming the citizenry and then terrorizing them. Just look at some of the recent examples.

    There's the Soviet Union, Germany, Uganda, Armenia, China, etc. In each instance we have a disarmed populace slaughtered by the government.

    http://www.mercyseat.net/gun_genocide.html#sovietunion
    I didn't see where he said it can't happen. Basically what he said is, if the ONLY reason you have for owning a gun is to protect against the government (ie: not intruders, hunting, collecting, target shooting, etc) you're very paranoid and probably need help. You also need to realize that if the government ever decides to do something you need a gun to defend against, you'll be dead before you know what's going on.

    Of course, just because you're paranoid don't mean they're not after you.

    So your reply is pretty much pointless to what he said.

  4. #274



    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,469
    Country
    Card Cash
    0.00
    Savings
    0.00
    Transferred Feedback
    TheBench(150)

    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickabee View Post
    I didn't see where he said it can't happen. Basically what he said is, if the ONLY reason you have for owning a gun is to protect against the government
    He basically said that belief was so far fetched that you were mentally ill and should have your guns taken away. Why is it crazy to believe in the purpose of the 2nd Amendment?
    Buying "Broder" unlicensed sets and singles.

  5. #275


    Wickabee's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    16,751
    Country
    Card Cash
    250.00
    Savings
    0.00
    Blog Entries
    2
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)

    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by tpeichel View Post
    He basically said that belief was so far fetched that you were mentally ill and should have your guns taken away. Why is it crazy to believe in the purpose of the 2nd Amendment?
    It's not. It is crazy to think that's what was said.

  6. #276
    I have no issue with you owning any gun, as long as you are mentally stale and not a criminal, go for it, and own all the ammo you want.
    If you own guns and ammo for the shear purpose of one maybe having to fight the federal government, then you live in fear or are mentally unstable.
    owning guns for personal protection, hunting, shooting, collecting, or a combination is great.
    but if you think that if the US Armed Forces were deployed in your neighborhood right now to take your guns, you could fight them off with your guns, you know nothing about survival or self defense.
    Jay Shrewsbury
    Hidden Content

  7. #277
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickabee View Post
    You know what my post meant. You aren't worth responding to. You're so scared of losing your precious death machine you refuse to have any sort of actual discussion. You deliberately misunderstand and think that means something. It doesn't. I'm not saying gun control would definitely save lives but people like you who refuse actual discussion make sure more people WILL die and you seem to like it that way.

    The sad part is, I don't want to take your guns, no matter how much you lie that I do.
    Fact is you WONT respond not me because you dont make sense.

    First, answer how will you get "criminals" to comply with your new law. Then tell me why I should have to? Not just one, both, in that order. Stop flip flopping and get to the bread and butter because that has been my issue.

    I can respond to your car license thing right now. People have licenses but still die in accidents. In fact, many more die in car accidents then by gun shots.

  8. #278
    Second a tyrannical gov't is something to be very concerned about if you took a couple minutes to learn history and stop trying to pass gun laws. Hitler did it just look it up. He also used flouride in the drinking water as a sedative to make people more willing to go along with his plan. And by the gov'ts own numbers they can't take over a population with as few as 2% in dissent. You are looking at a fight against 6 million ticked off guys in American just at 2%. Here you would probably 3-5%, I don't think it would be fast.

    I reference my previous point that you live in Canada, not a major US city.

    Also please for ONCE answer my question in my previous reply which you havent done more then several times.

  9. #279


    Wickabee's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    16,751
    Country
    Card Cash
    250.00
    Savings
    0.00
    Blog Entries
    2
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)

    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by indexed View Post
    Fact is you WONT respond not me because you dont make sense.

    First, answer how will you get "criminals" to comply with your new law. Then tell me why I should have to? Not just one, both, in that order. Stop flip flopping and get to the bread and butter because that has been my issue.

    I can respond to your car license thing right now. People have licenses but still die in accidents. In fact, many more die in car accidents then by gun shots.
    For the last time it has nothing to do with criminals and everything to do with adding some real responsibility to gun ownership. You don't even understand it, how can you be against it. I've responded far too many times for you to still not get this.

  10. #280


    Wickabee's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    16,751
    Country
    Card Cash
    250.00
    Savings
    0.00
    Blog Entries
    2
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)

    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by indexed View Post
    Second a tyrannical gov't is something to be very concerned about if you took a couple minutes to learn history and stop trying to pass gun laws. Hitler did it just look it up. He also used flouride in the drinking water as a sedative to make people more willing to go along with his plan. And by the gov'ts own numbers they can't take over a population with as few as 2% in dissent. You are looking at a fight against 6 million ticked off guys in American just at 2%. Here you would probably 3-5%, I don't think it would be fast.

    I reference my previous point that you live in Canada, not a major US city.

    Also please for ONCE answer my question in my previous reply which you havent done more then several times.
    You assume where I live equals what I know. It does not. That is quite a silly thing to think. So everything surrounding this fallacy is completely irrelevant. There. I said it. Again.

Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1825262728293031 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •