Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 31 123411 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Imac7065's Items on eBay

The right wing is just NUTS... the answer to guns.. is more guns?!

I have held my tounge on this for a week now.. but after the NRA speech today.. I just can't anymore.

The answer to gun violence is.... more guns?! REALLY!?????

This position is equivilant to saying "I just broke my leg... now I'm going to chop it off so the pain goes away" or "well I ate one piece of cake, now it's a broken cake, I have to eat the rest of it or everyone will hate me"

Seems really stupid doesn't it? lol

The arguement that arming teachers, or saying "if everyone had guns we would be better off" just boggles my mind. How do people believe this BS? How?

The NRA guy literally said "the answer to a bad guy with a gun... is a good guy with a gun" ™™™?!
    Last edited by Imac7065; 12-21-2012 at 10:35 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

The NRA guy literally said "the answer to a bad guy with a gun... is a good guy with a gun" ™™™?!

it is, what is a police officer? a good guy with a gun. a bad guy with a gun gets even worse until they kill themselves or someone with a gun stops them. i am not big on the nra but i do enjoy personal freedoms.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (376)
    Country
    See AUTaxMan's Items on eBay

Let's just take away all guns so only the bad guys have them.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Pittsburgh Pirates Boston Red Sox
    Twitter: @MadMan_Of_Metal See ultimatesteelersfan1964's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale

why are gun nuts saying their guns will be taken away...NO ONE HAS SAID THAT PERIOD

and to say they are is idiotic even more then the statements made yesterday by the NRA...

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Twitter: @MadMan_Of_Metal See ultimatesteelersfan1964's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale

at times other people can say it better then I

Just Saying

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yup, 'bout as crazy as the left wing borrowing and spending more money to get their country out of a debt/recession crisis.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Let's just take away all guns so only the bad guys have them.

As long as no one said this, which no one here has, this is officially the stupidest comment out there. You're arguing agains something no one said. You're in a corner by yourself yelling at no one.

Grow up. No one is taking all of your previous killing machines. Get to a point that is actually relevant or leave.

I'm sick of this crap. Arguing with nobody over nothing and setting discourse back 30 years. Unreal.
    Last edited by Wickabee; 12-22-2012 at 03:02 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

They're just mad he called it as it is regarding the media. They're as much to blame as anyone. He mentioned violent video games and he's right. Armies use some of these games as desensitization excercizes and we let kids play them? He's right.

Where he's nuts is calling for armed guards in schools. Anyone who thinks that is completely off their rocker. Basically he's saying he do want trust the government enough to give up his guns, but he trusts them to guard children with gums. What?

This idea that safety can only come through fear is as ridiculous as thinking there is one solution, such as gun control. The day we have armed guards in schools, Society has lost.

I say have police randomly go through every school at any time. Have them bring a dog every so often. I think this would have many effects, most notably:
    1: As kids grow up they develop a dislike for authority. If police are ever present (and nice) in elementary schools, some of that dislike and distrust will disappear, as the kids grow up knowing these officers as people.

2: It would have a positive effect on officers. When police come across a teen, they treat him like adults; suspect first, person second. If the police get to know kids as kids, a replied will grow and, as these kids grow up the police will treat them as people, further killing the distrust between the groups.

3: If a cop is there a lot, or can be expected to show up at any time, that's better than guessing who has a gun or not as a deterrent, I think. Same effect as conceal and carry laws, but without random people trying to play hero.

Obviously, I'm speaking in generalities and none of this will be true 100% of the time, but I do think its.WAY better than placing armed guards, conceal and carry or any ban.

Page 1 of 31 123411 ... LastLast