Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2910111213141522 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

I do not completely agree with you. While a stun gun will not kill you, it will incapacitate you. Thus, making someone vulnerable to other crimes (ie: rape, theft, heck....even murder)

Thats why I said I was on the fence. I still think its definitely not on the same playing field as fire arms. However to my knowledge you don't need to register you have a stun gun or anything of the sorts. I am sort of shocked an average joe can just go out and buy one without any real record of them having it. Again I could be wrong but as far as I know you just have to be 18 to buy one and that is all the requirements.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See j80rice's Items on eBay

since when does getting your house broken into and your items stolen equate to you being negligent? Why in the world should someone be punished for having their property stolen? And no, this isn't me calling for nothing to happen, just nothing along those lines.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Or we could just blame the ones who commit the crimes instead of blaming the owner that had their property stolen.

If it were that simple, but with guns its not. Owning a gun has a lot more responsibility as far as I am concerned over normal, run of the mill things used in life which aren't deadly weapons but can be used as deadly weapons. Not many things can be hidden by one person, snuck into a building and kill a few dozen people in a matter of seconds. You can buy a gun safe for the price of a decent firearm, the intelligent thing to do would be to keep it locked up, unless you are using it. Regardless of your opinion on gun control laws, or what we're discussing on the matter of if your firearm is stolen and used in a crime. even putting the stolen/used in a crime talk aside. If you have a loaded weapon in your home laying around and lets say someone's child comes over to your house and ends up accidentally shooting themselves, aren't you responsible for negligence? Or do you have the same attitude, its my house, my gun I can do what I want.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

just because others think there is a different approach, such as; harsher sentencing, better training for police and more police, does not mean others are saying that we should do nothing.

considering over 1/2 a million crimes are committed by repeat offenders and more than half of those are committed by serial offenders (25 or more convictions), we simply need a better way of dealing with criminals.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'll get some more stupid comparisons out of the way sinc we've already been over the car one. I gun is pretty much in its own category. Not recognizing that is just bringing total bias to the discussion.

If someone steals your potato peeler and kills someone with it.........
    If someone steals a rock from your yard and kills someone with it.........
    If someone steals your chainsaw and kills someone with it........
    If someone steals an apple off your tree and kills someone with it......
    If someone steals your pillow and kills someone with it.........
    If someone steals your belt and kills someone with it.........
    If someone steals your mail and kills someone with it.........

Now the mind blown question is, if someone digs up your body after you're buried (if you decide to be buried) and kills someone with it. Are you held accountable, or your next of kin for not correctly locking your bones up? Give me a break. A gun is NOT any of those things, its a gun. If you cannot understand that aspect of this entire discussion you bring nothing into it but ignorance.

If the police can't protect me from a potato peeler how on earth would they protect me from a criminal who has illegally obtained a fire arm?

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

just because others think there is a different approach, such as; harsher sentencing, better training for police and more police, does not mean others are saying that we should do nothing.

considering over 1/2 a million crimes are committed by repeat offenders and more than half of those are committed by serial offenders (25 or more convictions), we simply need a better way of dealing with criminals.

See, you haven't said anything but "that won't work" (paraphrasing) so your comment doesn't relate to you. I just can't believe how people who are so in favour of personal responsibility don't want to be responsible for their personal property.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Philadelphia Eagles
    My traders on Flickr

If it were that simple, but with guns its not. Owning a gun has a lot more responsibility as far as I am concerned over normal, run of the mill things used in life which aren't deadly weapons but can be used as deadly weapons. Not many things can be hidden by one person, snuck into a building and kill a few dozen people in a matter of seconds. You can buy a gun safe for the price of a decent firearm, the intelligent thing to do would be to keep it locked up, unless you are using it. Regardless of your opinion on gun control laws, or what we're discussing on the matter of if your firearm is stolen and used in a crime. even putting the stolen/used in a crime talk aside. If you have a loaded weapon in your home laying around and lets say someone's child comes over to your house and ends up accidentally shooting themselves, aren't you responsible for negligence? Or do you have the same attitude, its my house, my gun I can do what I want.

If you have a loaded firearm laying around the house and someone comes over and shoots themselves....I agree with there being negligence on the gun owner. What I've read in some of the prior posts is charging someone with a crime who's had their stored firearm stolen and used to commit a crime.......that is over the top.
    Sorry, I only use PayPal goods and I do not ship internationally.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
    (Philippians 4:6)

SCF Rewards
    Country

this is not about common sense its about the constitution and our rights. If people had common sense there wouldnt be people laying in emergency rooms getting stitches, with broken arms and legs. We wouldn't need car insurance because there would be no accidents.

Accidents happen. What won't happen is my household won't be taken over by drug cartels or the gov't or the mafia etc etc.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

If my car gets stolen and crashed, my premiums go up. If your only means of protecting yourself gets stolen and used in a crime, there should be consequences.

Also, if the only means you have for protecting you and yours gets stolen, then it's no very effective, is it?

SCF Rewards
    Country

If you have a loaded firearm laying around the house and someone comes over and shoots themselves....I agree with there being negligence on the gun owner. What I've read in some of the prior posts is charging someone with a crime who's had their stored firearm stolen and used to commit a crime.......that is over the top.

I believe what I am saying as well as Wickabee is if you locked your fire arm up is a reasonable manner. Yet someone somehow breaks in and still gets a hold of it, you shouldn't be held accountable. However it you readily keep your fire arm laying around in a drawer, or laying around your closet with no real protection over someone just picking it up and taking it, you should shoulder some of them blame if a crime is committed using your fire arm. I don't see the big deal of that you should have to keep unused fire arms locked up in a gun safe/lock box/whatever. Just keeping your front door closed isn't good enough protection if you own firearms as far as I am concerned.

Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2910111213141522 ... LastLast