Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I'm going to add a couple things and I'm done. Somewhere between 85-95% of crimes involving a gun are committed with stolen guns. I believe there should be a law that gun owners need to have their weapon(s) secured in some type of safe if they are not at home. To believe if there was a law prohibiting guns criminals would swayed to turn in guns they have in their possession would be foolish.

...Rick

Will there be a tax write-off or subsidy for that? Gun safes are expensive. I have been shopping for one for a few months and finding them under $600 is rare.

Here is a question that I would like to see a response to. According to the CDC the number of homicides by gun, per year is around 17,000. Also according to the CDC, the number of deaths per year by SECOND HAND SMOKE is around 49,000 per yer. Why are we not talking about outlawing cigarettes to stop smokers from killing other people?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Will there be a tax write-off or subsidy for that? Gun safes are expensive. I have been shopping for one for a few months and finding them under $600 is rare.

Here is a question that I would like to see a response to. According to the CDC the number of homicides by gun, per year is around 17,000. Also according to the CDC, the number of deaths per year by SECOND HAND SMOKE is around 49,000 per yer. Why are we not talking about outlawing cigarettes to stop smokers from killing other people?

I picked one up for about half of that without even shopping around. And honestly if you cannot afford to responsibly keep a gun locked up, you probably shouldn't have a gun in the first place. Though I wouldn't be against some sort of write off for one. And in response to smoking, at least they are trying to finally do something about second hand smoke. of course if they wanted to do away with it altogether, I wouldn't care. However, comparing guns to anything else is more than likely going to be a bad comparison. What are you going to compare it to next, obesity and how many deaths it causes and banning food. Guns are pretty much in their own topic and I don't think I've read a comparison yet on here that makes any sense what so ever.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

No need for a tax write off. A simple law stating that if your gun is used in a crime you are charged as an accomplice. Easy.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I picked one up for about half of that without even shopping around. And honestly if you cannot afford to responsibly keep a gun locked up, you probably shouldn't have a gun in the first place. Though I wouldn't be against some sort of write off for one. And in response to smoking, at least they are trying to finally do something about second hand smoke. of course if they wanted to do away with it altogether, I wouldn't care. However, comparing guns to anything else is more than likely going to be a bad comparison. What are you going to compare it to next, obesity and how many deaths it causes and banning food. Guns are pretty much in their own topic and I don't think I've read a comparison yet on here that makes any sense what so ever.

Agreed. Stop with the comparisons.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

Too bad we don't go back to the old west style.Everyone would have a gun and there would be no issue.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Wouldn't that just be a Mad Max type society? I'm not down for that.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Nah Mad Max was a little more advanced.Listen so we don't start a war there needs to be SOME restictions on guns.But just think for a second and please think this.Would a criminal be more apt to try a burglary if he knew the owner had a gun?How about crime on the street would a criminal approach a guy with a gun or without.Just seems that it was much more simple in past times.Are we really evolving?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Nah Mad Max was a little more advanced.Listen so we don't start a war there needs to be SOME restictions on guns.But just think for a second and please think this.Would a criminal be more apt to try a burglary if he knew the owner had a gun?How about crime on the street would a criminal approach a guy with a gun or without.Just seems that it was much more simple in past times.Are we really evolving?

I don't have stats but it seems to make more sense that normally people don't break into homes when people are still home regardless if they own a gun or not. And we;ve been over this before, even if you have a firearm unless its sitting on your lap loaded and ready to go, its going to be of little use. Personally if a thief knows your home is loaded with firearms that would make you a target to get robbed for multiple reasons.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Well luckily I have not been robbed or attempted yet.But if it happens I will post the results.The gun is not on the laptop but I think i might plug the fella who invades my home

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

A gun safe? for $300? Where? I have been to Dick's Sporting Good, Gander Mountain and my local gun shop and the cheapest safe they have is $600. Did you buy a gun safe or a handgun lockbox?

And I am not comparing smoking to handguns, but dead is dead. Why is our society so determined to outlaw guns when they cause 1/3rd as many deaths as second hand smoke and are on-par with deaths caused by drunk driving? I am not advocating uncontrolled, unregulated gun sales, I just think that the media hype causes people to lose focus. Cigarettes kill nearly 500,000 people every year yet no politicians are upset about that.

No need for a tax write off. A simple law stating that if your gun is used in a crime you are charged as an accomplice. Easy.

So if someone breaks into my house and steals my gun and uses it to commit a crime I should be charged? I am fine with that as long as it applies to everyone else. If your car is stolen and used to escape an armed robbery, you should be charged as an accomplice to armed robbery. If you are a landlord and your tenant deals drugs, you should be charged with drug trafficing. If you leave your lighter laying around and your kid plays with it and burns down a house, you should be charged with arson. if I have to be responsible for the actions of criminals, so does everyone else, since we clearly like to blame the guns and not the people for their actions.

Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast