Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Why would Evander Kane want to play in Winnipeg?

I'm afraid the Kane scrutiny will never end. Not as long as Evander Kane wears Winnipeg Jets linen, it won't.

That's why at some point Kane will walk into general manager Kevin Cheveldayoff's office and say, "You have to get me out of this hell. I can't take it anymore."

He might already be there emotionally.

Kane and Winnipeg, you see, are not a happy marriage.

A large portion of the fan base have not warmed to Kane. I doubt they ever will. It matters not how productive he is on the ice. Judging by the fierce, intense reaction to his posting of playful pics from Vegas and previous perceptions of the 21-year-old left winger, it's painfully apparent that Kane is going to get crapped on from high heights if he so much as picks his nose in public.

http://www.arcticicehockey.com/2012/...-picture-money

SCF Rewards
    Country

trade him to the bruins

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Did anybody outside of the media actually feign outrage at the fact that Evander Kane makes money as an NHL hockey player? I don't recall seeing anybody that wasn't a media person saying a word about it.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Using Laurie Boschman as an example? Lol .... Boschman was a Bum, and Harold Ballard was right all along. He should have spent his whole career in the Minors.

Don't know why Winnipeg does not like him. It's not the friendliest place in the World by any stretch of the imagination, but singling him out is not cool.

SCF Rewards
    Country

What,another possible cry baby wanting out,typical!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Boston Bruins
    See timothystar's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Could care less what he does off the ice, just don't think he is even close to guys like Eberle, Hall, Toews etc in regards to present production, future upside or leadership, but he has the same type of long term contract. As for Winnipeg, or any place/people, how you are regarded is usually a reflection of the quality/class of each individual, just ask Teemu Selanne, one of the classiest players in the NHL, on and off, how he loves Winnipeg and vice versa.
    It is probably no coincidence that the most humble characters off the ice are also the most productive on it, like RNH, Gretzky, Sakic, etc etc...Kane's lack of production, just 17 assists are no surprise at all.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

I can understand a lack of motivation having to play in Atlanta, but Winnipeg is Hockey crazy. He should be putting up better numbers.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Could care less what he does off the ice, just don't think he is even close to guys like Eberle, Hall, Toews etc in regards to present production, future upside or leadership, but he has the same type of long term contract. As for Winnipeg, or any place/people, how you are regarded is usually a reflection of the quality/class of each individual, just ask Teemu Selanne, one of the classiest players in the NHL, on and off, how he loves Winnipeg and vice versa.
    It is probably no coincidence that the most humble characters off the ice are also the most productive on it, like RNH, Gretzky, Sakic, etc etc...Kane's lack of production, just 17 assists are no surprise at all.

The guy is how old? Is everyone who took longer to develop than Tows, Eberle, Hall, Rnh and Gretzky a bum or just him?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Boston Bruins
    See timothystar's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

I didn't say he was a bum, as for personality traits like humility, to use Gretzky as an example, he learned that from his dad when he was a child and his personality is what it is. Adam Oates is another great example, his dad was a soccer fan, and his favorite soccer player prefered to set up other players and he told Adam that it was cooler to help other players score than do it yourself, so, Adam Oates is...Adam Oates, and so it goes...it is not rocket science, just simple psychology.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I didn't say he was a bum, as for personality traits like humility, to use Gretzky as an example, he learned that from his dad when he was a child and his personality is what it is. Adam Oates is another great example, his dad was a soccer fan, and his favorite soccer player prefered to set up other players and he told Adam that it was cooler to help other players score than do it yourself, so, Adam Oates is...Adam Oates, and so it goes...it is not rocket science, just simple psychology.

As for humility, unless you know him personally, I'm going to have to go by the humble personality I've seen in interviews and the testimonials of people who have met and/or know him and disagree with you.

And to my original question forget the word "bum" itself. You're basically saying he sucks because he's not one of the 1% of 1% of players who are fully developed superstars when they hit the league. You also have to look at who he has playing around him. It's not exactly Nash in CBJ or Doan in PHX, but it's similar.
    Last edited by Wickabee; 01-01-2013 at 02:04 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast