Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

ok dont wanna sound dumb but...

I was wonderign what is considered vintage? i know my wife who is the greatest bought me a un opened box of 1987 topps baseball cards and i wanted to post what i got inthe correct place other than just the pulls/ boxb breaks so i can let basically the site know i got this. thanks for any help

OPG Storefront Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    New England Patriots Boston Bruins Boston Red Sox
    Twitter: @patriotsguy See patriots_football_guy's Items on eBay Instagram: Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale
    Member is PayPal Verified

You'll get a lot of different opinions as to what years constitute vintage cards.

Beckett grades cards BVG (Beckett Vintage Grading) for anything Pre-1981. Me, I see it as anything pre-1970.

As for where to post your thread, I would post it in the box breaks forum, you'll get more views/comments over in that area.

SCF Rewards
    Country

ok thank you i just wanted to make sure i put in the right place i am hoping to video it and be able to show me breaking the wax.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yeah there isn't a real set in stone year range for vintage. I was at a card shop and the guy considered anything after 1965 to be junk so I stocked up on cheap "junk".
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

OPG Storefront Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    New England Patriots Boston Bruins Boston Red Sox
    Twitter: @patriotsguy See patriots_football_guy's Items on eBay Instagram: Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale
    Member is PayPal Verified

Yeah there isn't a real set in stone year range for vintage. I was at a card shop and the guy considered anything after 1965 to be junk so I stocked up on cheap "junk".

I need some of that junk LOL

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See hugs1965's Items on eBay

Car dealers say anything over 20 years is vintage but,i'm like Patriotsguy...Anything pre 70s is vintage to me!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Oakland Athletics
    COMC Cards For Sale

depends on ur age.....id say anything 1990 and back, im only 21 tho.....some of the older guys on here will say 80's,70's ect.

SCF Rewards
    Country

thats i am 27 so i would say 70's and 80's yeah i am with paitriotsguy i want some of that junk i just wanna say i own one or two cards from that area time let alone 70's becaus my oldest card is like 86 or so so i wanna get some older stuff just to see it and stuff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

I was born in '75 so anything pre 1975 is vintage to me.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Red Wings Minnesota Vikings Phoenix Coyotes
    See mattdmc2931's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

I'm 19 and like to do some Vintage Hockey sets, working on the 51-52 Parkhurst, 53-54 Parkhurst, and 71-72 O-Pee-Chee (by my standards this isn't vintage).

Personally in my views anything pre 1970 is Vintage, after 1970 I consider modern.

Just my opinion and I know when it comes to whats vintage everybody has their own opinions on the subject.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast