Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Celtics New England Patriots New York Yankees
    See tones2011's Items on eBay

Absolutely HUGE collection find!!!!

Good morning SCF! I am currently home from college on the holidays and i decided to scrummage through my old card collection from when i was a kid. I was big into a ton of various card games such as pokemon and Yugioh. I sold most of those collections off years ago. Only keeping a few pokemon cards from when i first started collecting. I was sarching through some of the boxes to stumble apon my Duel Master collection. That has a big part of my life in middle school. I remember one of my close friends of mine going to tournaments around the state and we were quiet good. i was in many tournaments finishing in high places winning a bunch of packs, boxes and rare cards.

I did a little research this morning and come to find out that the cards have been discontinued since 2006, and some of them go for quiet the pretty penny on ebay.I decided to pull out all of the holographic (rare) cards from my collection and see what they would be worth. I based my pirces on the one that most recently sold. Each card ranged from $1.00-$100.00!!! After a few hours of adding all the prices up i could not believe how much potential the collection had! i have about 200 holographic cards, as well as thousands of commons (which i did not research). The grand total of the holograph cards came out to be.....

$821.00

Since i did not expect a number near this, it has been a while since i added some high end stuff to my pc and i am just thinking on what it can bring into my collection. There are a few cards in the collection that i will be keeping (like 2-3) because it was really all these old cards that got me into the sports hobby. who would of thought....

i am currently getting ready to leave to hang out with my friend but i will upload some pictures later, including some of the notable ones that went for $50-100 a piece!!!!

thanks for reading!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Congrats on the find! All of my old boxes of stuff have been searched through multiple times at this point, so I can never do that again. It's the best part of collecting sometimes, going through old boxes of stuff.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Red Wings Minnesota Vikings Phoenix Coyotes
    See mattdmc2931's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

DAMN!

I played Duel Masters for a couple years in Middle School and early High School but got rid of them years ago at a garage sale for next to nothing, never thought those things would become collectible after they stopped production.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Oakland Athletics
    COMC Cards For Sale

Congrats on the find! All of my old boxes of stuff have been searched through multiple times at this point, so I can never do that again. It's the best part of collecting sometimes, going through old boxes of stuff.

so have mine, but earlier this year i found a david ortiz ultra RC bv 50$ in an old junk box i had looked through 50 times.
    said david arias on the card tho...so i must have looked over it

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Celtics New England Patriots New York Yankees
    See tones2011's Items on eBay

thought i'd might update this thread. since i have made this post i have sold a good amount of them and made over $300! still a ton left to sell ;)