Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

The History of Meh, a Christmas play in four acts.............

Merry Christmas everyone!!!! I hope you're all doing swell, sitting in a pile of torn-up wrapping paper, surrounded by your family and pets and looking forward to dinner and just that feeling of peace, know what I mean??

Me? I'm good, Amy's pretty happy with Tiffanys earrings, the kids got theirs PLUS some, I scored a new camera to replace mine (six years old, an antique!!)...........

And then........there's this. The thing I asked Santa for, after seeing the preview blogs. The thing that it was too late to ask for something else after the full checklist was released. The thing that spawned three or four or five psychotic threads over in Hockey Card Talk.

The Thing From ITG That I Refuse To Let Ruin My Christmas, an Eddy2012 production....................

Act 1, The Introduction. The Buyback. The card on top, an actual PC card, nothing huge, but pretty nice, hoping against hope this was a sign of things to come.........................

Act 2, The Crisis. The Rookie. Words.........fail me.

Act 3, The Fall. The Autograph. Things are at their bleakest now, bombs are falling all around, there's no athiests in foxholes!!

Act 4, The Redemption? The art card. 'Tis ok, an actual card from the Preview I think, not PC, but would fetch $50-80 if I were to sell it. Which wasn't really the point of asking for it for Christmas. Which is where the "meh" comes in......

So that's that. The points I made in my rants on the other threads turned out to be pretty valid IMO, and there's nothing like feeling petty at Christmas-time hahahaaaa.

The last mystery box I bought at Wal-Mart cured me of buying mystery boxes. Upper Deck has cured me of buying retail blasters and tins, and now this has done me in for ITG. God knows I wasn't huge on busting new stuff to begin with, so the industry isn't going to miss me one bit. But I'm positive I'm not the only one, and really, it starts with just one, right? Like Gandhi?? Am I to be the Mahatma of the hockey card world??? Have I been chosen to free us all?????

Heck no!

Merry Christmas again y'all!! Go hug your kids or your parents or your gf or wife or whoever, life is beautiful :)
    Last edited by 87sluggo; 12-27-2012 at 06:01 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See raf240's Items on eBay

Merry Christmas! Nothing like ITG to make us all psychotic! Happy delirium!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Blackhawks Vegas Golden Knights
    Twitter: @CenterIceCC See eahobbies's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

If that were me I would be fairly happy with that box. The buyback is a nice mem of a great goalie, the RC is a current day star, not a scrub from the 80's, the auto is of a decent player, again, not a scrub, and the art card is of Lindbergh. Overall I'd say you should be happy with that considering what you could have gotten. Merry Christmas!
    Hidden Content
    Collecting Niklas Hjalmarsson, Jaccob Slavin, Ryan Dzingel, Brogan Rafferty, Derek Whitmore, Blackhawks, & 2003-04
    Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

If that were me I would be fairly happy with that box. The buyback is a nice mem of a great goalie, the RC is a current day star, not a scrub from the 80's, the auto is of a decent player, again, not a scrub, and the art card is of Lindbergh. Overall I'd say you should be happy with that considering what you could have gotten. Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas to you to Eric! I gotta disagree with you tho. The Hasek was pretty sweet, yes, but that's it. Fleer Ultra Mike Richards RC's and 81/82 OPC Rob Ramage autos weren't in the previews for a pretty basic reason, nobody could care less about them. And I don't personally care about Pelle Lindbergh, there would have been A LOT of the art cards that would have meant something to me, you've seen some of the stuff I collect, I'm all over the place. Mayyybe I'm being a Debbie-Downer, but...........dude that box was crap.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gallinator's Items on eBay

I'll bet you could trade the Lindbergh - which would be a sweet pull in the eyes of many - for an art card of someone you would like (and maybe a little cash or another card to boot!). Rough go on the Ramage and Richards, though. ITG really should have limited the RCs to pre-1989 (or listed stars if recent).

SCF Rewards
    Country

how much does one of these boxes got for?
    I COLLECT HIGH END TRUE AUTO RCS OF LEBRON JAMES, GIANNIS, TOM BRADY, CONNOR MCDAVID & SIDNEY CROSBY.

SCF Rewards
    Country

how much does one of these boxes got for?

Amy paid $249 + tax + shipping. She bought it from the eBay, didn't realize it was available in the stores she never sets foot in hahahahaaa.

And yes I COULD trade that Lindbergh, I was only looking at the re-sale value, but Gallinator is right! Thank you for that.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @CenterIceCC See eahobbies's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

In comparison to some boxes I've seen, that is a "good" box. Is it $250? Not even close.

SCF Rewards
    Country

In comparison to some boxes I've seen, that is a "good" box. Is it $250? Not even close.

I haven't seen much of the other breaks, I didn't want to have a complete nervous breakdown before I got mine in my hands hahahaaa.

This isn't about the money, money comes and money goes, plus the fact that it was a Christmas present and cost me nothing. This is about the product. The eternal optimists on the boards would have me believe that this is all about the collecting, The History Of Collecting, that the cards are all gems because they showcase THE HISTORRYYYYY OF HOCKEYYYYYY. So put some cards in the box I WANT TO COLLECT!!

No, ya know what?? This IS about the money, this is about showing me filet mignon on the menu and then serving me a expleteive-deleted box of McNuggets at the table. This is about showing me Wayne Gretzky & Ken Dryden autos and Boom-Boom Geoffrion & Sidney Crosby RCs in a preview and then showing me Dennis Maruk autos and Adam Deadmarsh RCs in a checklist and THEN serving up a 50-cent Rob Ramage auto and a 99-cent Mike Richards RC. You want to charge me $250 for four hockey cards that I supposedly want to collect? Fine then, PUT SOMETHING IN THERE I WANT TO COLLECT. FOUR THINGS. Don't cry to me that an art card is so expensive to produce that the rest has to be filler, don't tell me that the one-in-a-million chance of hitting an insane RC or auto means the most of the rest of it is garbage. Not for that price. Do NOT play me for a chump, waste Amy's money and poop on my Christmas. SWEET MOTHER, there needs to be an adults-only section to these boards where we can curse like the Irish!!

Ok, I'm done. It's 2AM, there's better things to do.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Lol