Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: 3 Boxes of 06/07 BTP

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Penguins
    See pensfan254858's Items on eBay

3 Boxes of 06/07 BTP

My first and only break of 2012. I made the decision to focus on my player and set collections this year...which will probably be the theme of 2013 as well, provided the lockout doesn't kill the remaining passion I have for the sport and collecting - still nowhere close to that point, but I can't say the thought hasn't at least come up once or twice - anyway, with that focus, it didn't leave much extra income for the breaks I've enjoyed in the past.

I had all intentions to stick with the plan, but I found a really good deal on the 3 box lot...and with my interest in goalie sets picking up this year, and the 06/07 being one, if not my favorite, BTP releases, I couldn't say no. (Was hands down my favorite, until the 11-12 release and those sweet jumbo 10th Anniversary cards came out...06/07 still wins overall, but 11/12 is a really close second).

Anyway, here's the lot from the 3 box break. Anything not marked PC is FT/FS. (Most is PC though, which was a big factor in breaking the product, as I like most of the cards that make up the set and subsets.) I was really hoping to land a shooting gallery or another big card of that variety - or perhaps even the 6th and final stick work card I need for the set. No such luck, and nothing huge from the break - but still a quality break IMO.

Not scanned:
    Forgotten Franchises (FT/FS) - Moran, Robertson, and Connell.

The masks (PC):

Legace, Cam Ward, and Jeff Glass (really love the Glass mask - looks way better in person).

Base jerseys (both PC) Dipietro and Aubin:

I love that one card can have 3 swatches from different jerseys - one of my favorite attributes from this set.

future star/stars of the game auto lot (FT/FS):

Auld, Stephan, Dubnyk, and Leighton

Now the better stuff:

King Henrik Mask Silver (FT/FS):

Mike Richter Stick/Jersey (PC):

Tony Esposito Stars auto (PC):

and a Prospect triple jersey - Leclaire, Budaj, Harding (FT/FS):

Comments are always appreciated. Thanks for the look.

Cheers,
    Jason
    Collecting: John Vanbiesbrouck (Panthers)
    Collecting: PC ITC Jumbo Mem (33/57)
    Collecting: ​Pinnacle, BAP, BTP Masks
    Collecting: Penguins Autographed pucks (Cup Years)
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See dmaksymyshyn's Items on eBay

Nice Espo...I love the Espo auto. Nice Richter...if you are from the USA I suppose ;)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Nice Espo...I love the Espo auto. Nice Richter...if you are from the USA I suppose ;)

Agreed, thanks Dave. - I had all intentions of adding a Espo auto to the goalie PC at some point - that took care of that :-)

The Richter was in the same box as the Espo (Lundy silver was in that box as well) - may one day do the stick/jersey set, so nice to add on there, plus the USA factor...double PC, right? haha.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Rouss35's Items on eBay

Nice stuff! Being a Richter collector that card you pulled is killing me! LOL

Congrats

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See baseballislife1984's Items on eBay

such a great BTP year. Perhaps my favourite. Not a whole lot of hits in the box, but the designs for the inserts are simple and nice. I love the stick & jersey cards and the design for the autographs.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Nice stuff! Being a Richter collector that card you pulled is killing me! LOL

Congrats

Thanks Chris - pm sent.

such a great BTP year. Perhaps my favourite. Not a whole lot of hits in the box, but the designs for the inserts are simple and nice. I love the stick & jersey cards and the design for the autographs.

I couldn't agree more - the points you touch on are what appeal to me as well.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Nice cards, congratulations on some decent pulls. I love the Masks and the Devan Dubnyk autograph! It was awesome seeing him play at this year's Spengler Cup (and he even won it with Canada earlier today).

-Ethan

BANNED

Country
    See keithman07's Items on eBay

I've always liked the Mask cards, simple yet effective. Nice breaks, haven't seen anyone pull a Richter in a while.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Nice cards, congratulations on some decent pulls. I love the Masks and the Devan Dubnyk autograph! It was awesome seeing him play at this year's Spengler Cup (and he even won it with Canada earlier today).

-Ethan

I've always liked the Mask cards, simple yet effective. Nice breaks, haven't seen anyone pull a Richter in a while.

Thanks guys, appreciate the comments. I've always liked the mask cards as well; they look a lot nicer in person than a scanner can show.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks guys, appreciate the comments. I've always liked the mask cards as well; they look a lot nicer in person than a scanner can show.

Definitely, but even on a scan they'll look better than most cards.

-Ethan