Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Did I say that?

Point out to me where I posted that the Westboro Baptist Church speaks for, or is representative of all Christians.

Quote Originally Posted by shrewsbury View Post
    so this one church speaks for all Christians?
    to people who have no common sense.
    have 4308 different cardinals cards

Quote Originally Posted by notes2us View Post
    So what you are saying is....regardless of my values and beliefs......since I don't agree with gay marriage, I am homophobic? I am utterly and completely shocked at that statement.
    maybe not homophobic, but at least intolerant. Your position that we should deny gay couples from doing something that other segments of society have freedom to do -- is pretty blatant discrimination. You can proclaim you are against gay marriage but you also have to admit that you are then FOR discrimination. Is that being homophobic? frankly, probably not, I don't know, maybe? But it opens a door to homophobia. I'd be curious to know what YOU call it -- assuming you disagree with homophobic or intolerant.

Also keep in mind - gay marriage refers to the piece of paper at city hall, not something a church does. No church can be forced to marry a gay couple if they don't want to... another reason I fail to understand why any non-gays even care about this issue.
    Needs: Brewers Pitcher Mark Rogers '04 pick
    Red Sox - HOF & Current Players
    Current Patriots Cards
    Larry Bird, Carmelo/Lebron/Wade RC's

Quote Originally Posted by MadMan1978 View Post
    Really? Flawed logic? The brush is wide correct because the brush of religion is just as think!

How dare we judge anyone? Christians hide behind a book ...and my logic is flawed? Really ?

Marriage is fine and i think you paint my opinion to dark. Marriage is paper...the relationship is the key....but that isnt the topic
    Marriage is not paper.

so being a homosexual is a condition? No, it's an inclination. Just as a lie, you do not have to do it.

what about pansexuals (those who love someone based on the person and not their gender)
    That is called "AGAPE" love. Do we not love our brothers and sisters and mothers and fathers.

Quote Originally Posted by imronron View Post
    Marriage is not paper.
    Actually, yes it is.

There is NOTHING and NO ONE that magically makes two people above regular couples when they get "married".

When you get "married" nothing changes in your relationship except a piece of paper saying that you're married, you're not any better than a non-married couple and you don't hold any more "love" than any other lovers relationship.

However, there are certain BENEFITS that marriage brings and those benefits are the reason many decide to enter into it.

And currently those benefits are NOT being given to certain couples that SHOULD get them.

And part of the problem is people like the woman that the OP mentions.
    Logic and Reason is all you need.

Quote Originally Posted by imronron View Post
    Marriage is not paper.
    Well to be honest ...it is whatever you wish it to be

maybe read the remaining post and you will see the logic
    TRADING FOR ALL JEROME BETTIS I NEED! Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Collecting Roethlisberger and Charlie Batch
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows.-Buddha

so this one church speaks for all Christians?
    again this snippet is to generalize one aspect. However SO many Christians have the say basis against gays and gay marriage. Anmd 90% of those are from those good Christians.
    TRADING FOR ALL JEROME BETTIS I NEED! Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Collecting Roethlisberger and Charlie Batch
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows.-Buddha

so you think the westboro people are good christians?
    Jay Shrewsbury
    Hidden Content

Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)

View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Are you saying they make up more than 10% of the Christian population?
    Patiently waiting for someone to bring back sax solos and keytars non ironically.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast