Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Please keep bible quotes n the bible...a great read but still written by man...

yes I judge you logic on gay marriage
    First i have no issue with Gay marriage only marriage itself -

I find that Christians are the one who have this problem with NOT accepting people as they are...but yet when we call you out on that we are now wrong?
    You may not agree with the radio host but that is no different then her attitude towards and and gay marriage...

You are just as judgemental though. That's the point.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Pittsburgh Pirates Boston Red Sox
    Twitter: @MadMan_Of_Metal See ultimatesteelersfan1964's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale

You are just as judgmental though. That's the point.

Absolutely! I honestly think Christians do not follow their own good book or Follow Jesus...

Just my opinion....we are all judgmental to some degree

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Twitter: @MadMan_Of_Metal See ultimatesteelersfan1964's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale

uGGG Michael, you don see the flaw in your logic? You are painting all Christians with the same broad brush that the preacher on the radio did gay people. I am a Catholic and frankly follow all the tenets, but still struggle with the gay issue. I have several friends who are gay and married. They are wonderful people and have children who are well adjusted and doing great. I continue to pray on it and believe that someday I will find a way to come to terms with the view of it in our church.

You are confusing people who have beliefs with the religion itself. Additionally, if you have issues with marriage, might I say you have not found the right person to enter that union with because despite the statistics marriage is a beautiful sacrament.

Really? Flawed logic? The brush is wide correct because the brush of religion is just as think!

How dare we judge anyone? Christians hide behind a book ...and my logic is flawed? Really ?

Marriage is fine and i think you paint my opinion to dark. Marriage is paper...the relationship is the key....but that isnt the topic

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Philadelphia Eagles
    My traders on Flickr

Please keep bible quotes n the bible...a great read but still written by man...

yes I judge you logic on gay marriage
    First i have no issue with Gay marriage only marriage itself -

I find that Christians are the one who have this problem with NOT accepting people as they are...but yet when we call you out on that we are now wrong?
    You may not agree with the radio host but that is no different then her attitude towards and and gay marriage...

I am sorry you feel that way about marriage.

In your statement I bolded above, you are now stereotyping all Christians because of something one Christian, or one group of Christians, said. That is like saying all people from New York are jerks because one New Yorker was rude to me.

I know Christians are not perfect.......no one is. I've met many who are "fake" and many that have "extreme" beliefs. I do not agree with them on everything. Does not mean I am judging them or I am any less of a Christian? It is possible to disagree with someone without judging them.

I have a question for you......IF I was not Christian, and I still was against gay marriage........what would your reply be?
    Sorry, I only use PayPal goods and I do not ship internationally.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
    (Philippians 4:6)

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I am sorry you feel that way about marriage.

In your statement I bolded above, you are now stereotyping all Christians because of something one Christian, or one group of Christians, said. That is like saying all people from New York are jerks because one New Yorker was rude to me.

I know Christians are not perfect.......no one is. I've met many who are "fake" and many that have "extreme" beliefs. I do not agree with them on everything. Does not mean I am judging them or I am any less of a Christian? It is possible to disagree with someone without judging them.

I have a question for you......IF I was not Christian, and I still was against gay marriage........what would your reply be?

Honestly? No offense I would say its homophobic.

Stereotyping? I think not sir. Many under the banner of religion say the same about gays and gay marriage. I think it is well earned.

and for you to know this is another reason why I denounced my Catholicism,,,as I was Baptised Catholic

Guys i have been married twice...i learned me and marriage just dont get along...no need to feel sorry...both are still crazy!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    See 73ToppsMann's Items on eBay LinkedIn

To respond to the original post . . .

It sounds like the radio host is trying to justify her hatred. It's probably makes her feel better about herself, that she doesn't hate a person, but a 'thing' or 'animal'. It's easier when you (figuratively) 'dehumanize' someone to say terrible things about them.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Philadelphia Eagles
    My traders on Flickr

Honestly? No offense I would say its homophobic.

Stereotyping? I think not sir. Many under the banner of religion say the same about gays and gay marriage. I think it is well earned.

and for you to know this is another reason why I denounced my Catholicism,,,as I was Baptised Catholic

Guys i have been married twice...i learned me and marriage just dont get along...no need to feel sorry...both are still crazy!

So what you are saying is....regardless of my values and beliefs......since I don't agree with gay marriage, I am homophobic? I am utterly and completely shocked at that statement.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

So what you are saying is....regardless of my values and beliefs......since I don't agree with gay marriage, I am homophobic? I am utterly and completely shocked at that statement.

So I am to condemn the religion not the man ?
    I think the same of the pope...if that makes a difference

If you do not accept gay marriage then that would also to say I do not accept gays...

then if you do not accept Gays...what else could it be?
    and yes that is a blanket to anyone who doesnt accept Gays...

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Yes, everything is "anti gay"

Wickabee. Inform yourself about the Westboro Baptist Church. They came to our town here in Oregon, because we have a 60 year old male mayor with breasts that is a Cross-dresser.

He is a man, and has no plans on sexual reassignment in his bollocks region. He has had the same girlfriend for almost 30 years and he is happy and content in his own skin.

These bell-ends came into town with a message of pure HATE, and we challenged these arse-holes with AC/DC as loud as could be player and got an inch from their faces and let them know what the drill was in our town.

Unless you do not have any experience with this mob, you should really not be painting with a broad brush with what society in general feels about gay behaviour and that of the Westboro Baptist Church.

Everything from the Westboro Baptist Church is anti-gay, anti-black of other non-white people, anti-muslim, anti-judaism, anti-hinduism, and anti-freedom and anti-common sense.

They are full of hate and make their money by suing people that hurl things at them or lay their hands on them.

They have successfully won lawsuits in the millions of dollars that funds their journey of hate,.

Right now several petitions to Washington, may lead to legislation to stop them as they are almost categorized as a Hate Group.

Time will tell, but it does not look good for the future of the Westboro Baptist Church.
    Last edited by centrehice; 12-29-2012 at 05:25 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

so this one church speaks for all Christians?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast