Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See tweeter167's Items on eBay

" Make me an offer" What is this???

Ok, I know what " make me an offer means" Why is this the only response I ever get when trying to buy something on this site. I dont understand if your selling something why are you asking me to make you an offer, it's your items you tell me price. The worst part is I will give them a price and they will just say No, and in a few occasions will say " make another offer".

I guess in the end it really isnt a big deal, but again its just not something I fully understand!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Oakland Athletics
    COMC Cards For Sale

ive had that happen quite a few times too

BANNED

Country
    See martinez2370's Items on eBay

From experience, I guess it depends who contacts who? If someone says "I'm looking for XYZ player" and I happen to have that player, that doesn't necessarily mean I was looking to sell the card but since your interested in that particular player I'm open to listening to your offer for the particular card if your in fact interested.

For example, I have some nice AJ Green's in my bucket and I'm not really looking to sell them. I also don't mind hanging on to them for PC but since I know some of them are top dollar, I'm willing to listen to an interested collectors offer to help build their PC. Am I even making sense?

I guess it varies from person to person collector to collector, I def. know what you mean though.

SCF Rewards
    Country

There are plenty of cards on this site is my feeling, if someone won't give me a price, I usually just move on to the next person unless it is a card I really have to have. I don't think it is anything to get worked up about, like I said there are plenty of cards on this site, and plenty of people that are willing to price their cards for you.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I do it 2 ways and they both sound like they've been kinda stated. If I'm actively selling a card I usually include a price plus best offer. If someone contacts me however with out me initiating a deal I'll usually say make an offer. Like a few posters ago said chances are the card is one I wouldn't mind keeping but if the price is right I'll sell

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Pittsburgh Penguins Boise State Broncos
    Twitter: @DFWGrapher Instagram:

"Make me an offer."
    "$25."
    "Make me another offer."
    "$25.01."

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See lugnut12mcisaac's Items on eBay

I remember 2 friends making a deal. One said "make me a offer." The other guy said Free, your turn.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I do agree with you guys on the side of, if I send someone a message asking about a card I should make the offer, but that not the side i was going with. It seems common for people to post "For sale" threads and not list prices, then when messaged about an item say "make me an offer". It's not a big deal by any means but it just gets a little annoying that this is the norm.

In the end it is what it is!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

I remember 2 friends making a deal. One said "make me a offer." The other guy said Free, your turn.

I might use this next time!!!!

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TR (18)
    Country

its silly...people dont understand noone will ever pay more here or anywhere then ebay and they still hold out hope that your offer will be more then ebay prices...if someone says make me an offer i dont even respond..if they say 10 obo then ill respond

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast