Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: separation

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

separation

I have heard much talk about separation of church and state, but I have never heard anyone mention anything about the blue laws

if people think we were not founded on religion, here is the proof. if you think religion does not play a role in our laws, here is the proof

there is only one reason for blue laws and it is religion. now grant it, they have lessened in the last 50 years, but they are still there

people will sue over the word God or Jesus used at school, bit no one complains about the blue laws

why?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Pittsburgh Pirates Boston Red Sox
    Twitter: @MadMan_Of_Metal See ultimatesteelersfan1964's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale

And the Commandments also have led to many alws...

Because most blue laws are not enforce anymore...
    Like in Mass it is illegal to have sex with an UN-Married woman!
    Or those against oral sex ...

those are not enforce due to privacy laws

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Twitter: @MadMan_Of_Metal See ultimatesteelersfan1964's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale

Jay I watch a great show on the founding father and the creation of the US Constitution. Most tried to stay CLEAR of any religion or religious laws laws. Yes On PBS I will try and get the name. James Madison was most noted to always keep Government out of Religion and religion out of Government.

SCF Rewards
    Country

but what about sunday liquor laws?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

but what about sunday liquor laws?

Believe it or not Shrew even in the state of Georgia a lot of counties or repealing the blue laws. When laws no longer serve a useful purpose it is ok to repeal them. We will be ok.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

so you can buy liquor on sunday?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

In Mass you can now - I have always found funny - being a perosn who doesnt drink. I could buy a beer before the banks opened!
    Conn I am not not so sure

SCF Rewards
    Country

so you can buy liquor on sunday?

Depending on what county. Also it was pretty stupid that you couldn't buy alcohol to consume in the privacy and comfort of your own home on sundays from the grocery or liquor store but bars, restaurants, night clubs and sports areanas were still selling alcohol on sundays.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Philadelphia Eagles
    My traders on Flickr

Depending on what county. Also it was pretty stupid that you couldn't buy alcohol to consume in the privacy and comfort of your own home on sundays from the grocery or liquor store but bars, restaurants, night clubs and sports areanas were still selling alcohol on sundays.

Having lived in Georgia as well, I thought that was odd. Can't purchase alcohol at a store on Sunday, but you can go to a bar and throw down a few.

When I left a year ago, I was hearing chatter about getting rid of that. Haven't heard anything since (though, I haven't cared to research it either)
    Sorry, I only use PayPal goods and I do not ship internationally.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
    (Philippians 4:6)

SCF Rewards
    Country

Having lived in Georgia as well, I thought that was odd. Can't purchase alcohol at a store on Sunday, but you can go to a bar and throw down a few.

When I left a year ago, I was hearing chatter about getting rid of that. Haven't heard anything since (though, I haven't cared to research it either)

I don't drink but as far as I know in Dekalb and Fulton counties you can now buy alcohol in the liquor and grocery stores on sunday.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast