Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

DC on pace for fewer than 100 homicides in 2012

Even though 1 homicide is 1 too many this is a great improvement. When I grew up in DC in the 1980s and 1990s DC was the murder capital of the world and having at least 1 or 2 homicides every day was the way of life.

http://news.yahoo.com/dc-pace-fewer-...094716815.html
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Have things in the Anacostia area improved? When I lived with my Wife in Fairfax, Virginia in 2000, I suggested to my Wife that I wanted to go East past RFK Stadium as it was the part of DC that I had not visited. She said she wouldn't allow me to go over there even in a Police Cruiser.

I had no idea how rough that particular area was at the time. Just a dumb-schmuck Canadian.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Have things in the Anacostia area improved? When I lived with my Wife in Fairfax, Virginia in 2000, I suggested to my Wife that I wanted to go East past RFK Stadium as it was the part of DC that I had not visited. She said she wouldn't allow me to go over there even in a Police Cruiser.

I had no idea how rough that particular area was at the time. Just a dumb-schmuck Canadian.

When I was young and dumb I would go around there chasing females around. Not the smartest thing to do and I thank God for a praying mother. I havent been back home in a few years but from what I heard the whole city including east of the river has been throught a lot of improvements.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

That's good to hear. I still want to go there BTW. I only see strangers as new friends that I just haven't met.

I did the same thing in South Africa where I mistakenly visited the World's largest Black Township. I was befriended by many that told me not to stay very long, as the folk don't understand that you are just a friendly Canadian.

This was also before Apartheid was lifted and the Afrikanner Boers were in control