Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

AP source: Retired Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf dies

http://news.yahoo.com/ap-source-reti...-politics.html

Retired Gen. H. Norman Schwarzkopf, who topped an illustrious military career by commanding the U.S.-led international coalition that drove Saddam Hussein's forces out of Kuwait in 1991 but kept a low public profile in controversies over the second Gulf War against Iraq, died Thursday. He was 78.

Schwarzkopf died in Tampa, Fla., where he had lived in retirement, according to a U.S. official, who was not authorized to release the information publicly and spoke on condition of anonymity.

A much-decorated combat soldier in Vietnam, Schwarzkopf was known popularly as "Stormin' Norman" for a notoriously explosive temper.

He served in his last military assignment in Tampa as commander-in-chief of U.S. Central Command, the headquarters responsible for U.S. military and security concerns in nearly 20 countries from the eastern Mediterranean and Africa to Pakistan.

Schwarzkopf became "CINC-Centcom" in 1988 and when Saddam Hussein invaded Kuwait three years later to punish it for allegedly stealing Iraqi oil reserves, he commanded Operation Desert Storm, the coalition of some 30 countries organized by President George H.W. Bush that succeeded in driving the Iraqis out.

"Gen. Norm Schwarzkopf, to me, epitomized the 'duty, service, country' creed that has defended our freedom and seen this great nation through our most trying international crises," Bush said in a statement. "More than that, he was a good and decent man — and a dear friend."

At the peak of his postwar national celebrity, Schwarzkopf — a self-proclaimed political independent — rejected suggestions that he run for office, and remained far more private than other generals, although he did serve briefly as a military commentator for NBC.

Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country

And there are a lot of media vans outside the gates of my base in Tampa at the moment. He used to be the CENTCOM Commander.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

I actually like the guy. I'm so sorry to hear about his passing. RIP General and all of my best goes out to his friends and fam.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Giants New York Yankees New York Rangers

I actually like the guy. I'm so sorry to hear about his passing. RIP General and all of my best goes out to his friends and fam.

Agreed he was a good man.....doesn't look great for Bush sr. either. Say what you want about him, but he has been great ever since leaving office!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Philadelphia Eagles
    My traders on Flickr

RIP General. Thank you for your service and sacrifices.
    Sorry, I only use PayPal goods and I do not ship internationally.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
    (Philippians 4:6)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spaz4's Items on eBay

Agreed he was a good man.....doesn't look great for Bush sr. either. Say what you want about him, but he has been great ever since leaving office!

Schwarzkopf was definitely a good guy. I actually think Bush Sr. was a good President, and I hope he's feeling better soon.