Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbuying79's Items on eBay

We will finally know what Fehr's motives are. I'm not convinced he even wants a season at this point. If they cannot get a deal done I feel sorry for the players as it's Fehr who decided to go off on a crusade at their expense.

Even over a 10 year contract it would be very doubtful that Fehr could make the players back the money they've already lost. The best deal the league offered was to save the full season. Every day that has gone by since has been a the NHL and players expenses.

I'm glad it's almost over one way or another. I hate getting my hopes up to have them dashed. Hopefully if the season is cancelled revenue lessens to the point where it impacts the owners and players enough to realize that this game is nothing without the fans. I'm so sick of listening to players complain about how they're treated.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Today could be a very big day as the PA is likely to respond to the NHL's latest offer today. They were in touch all weekend informing the membership what was on the table, so now comes the latest relaunch of negotiations.

#EDIT# Dreger just tweeted that the meeting starts just after 1pm and the PA will counter.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

If a deal does get done, I would love to see the fans unite and leave the stands completely empty for every home opener. After that, go back to normal. But make a statement. Make every player play to at least one empty home game and make the owners pay the players to play for no one.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

They do not have to leave the stands if they don't show up in the 1st place. Less work for all involved.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

"Leave the stands completely empty" means "don't go in the first place"... you probably missed that "empty"

BANNED

Country

Gotcha.

One game however sends a very limited message. Fans should stay away the same number of home games that have been already missed. That is a message.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbuying79's Items on eBay

I go to a few games a year. My punishment to them is to not buy any merchandise for the next few years. No $14 beer, jerseys, hotdogs...

The only way to ensure that this doesn't happen again is to put the fear of god into them with contraction after a lockout. The only reason baseball has had such labor peace is due to the fact that they crippled the game, which has yet to recover, since the last unrest.

Lets get playing or cancel the whole thing. No more limbo!

P.S. It would be nice if Fehr showed up to a meeting on time...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Boston Bruins
    See timothystar's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Hope I am wrong but I think if Fehr has his way, the season will be toast, I get the feeling the players would walk over a cliff if he told them to.
    Bucket: Hidden Content

Sets: 20 12/13 Artifacts
    Players: Ovechkin, star YG's.

BANNED

Country

The interesting thing is that the NHL tendered an offer just when the season would have began. This is now their 3rd final offer, which shows that they were only interested in hosing the players hoping that they would take the first offer.

This tells Fehr that they are not showing good faith. Constructive Bargaining does not begin with a hosing. It begins with reasonable intent, followed by reasonable offer/offers. Don't use the words "Good Faith" as a Sports Organization when your intent was never there.

I completely disagree with the players jumping off the cliff if Fehr told them to. The players are taking ownership, and this frightens Bettman. With each new NHL offer, Bettman is looking more and more like a snake-oil salesman.

I am solidly in the players camp.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Gotcha.

One game however sends a very limited message. Fans should stay away the same number of home games that have been already missed. That is a message.

Yeah, but at that point the fans are hurting themselves too. As angry as we all are, we want them back playing. I don't want to actually hurt the teams and watch them fold, but I would love all the fans to get together and give the NHL one big middle finger to remind them all whose money they're fighting over and who actually makes their jobs possible.
    As romantic a notion it would be to have zero fans for most of what season is left, that's just not feasible or productive and would be the fans shooting themselves in the foot. We've complained and gotten angry for months and when they come back we force them to fold? No. I think one home game in front of an empty arena for every player and owner would get the point across.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast