Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Blue Jays Kansas City Chiefs
    See resurrect_my_collect's Items on eBay

December/Christmas Buying and Trading SnT (scan heavy!)

Unfortunately, as great as my Christmas was, there was no new product for me to bust this year. I nevertheless had a great month of pickups through several good trades here, including one that might have been the biggest trade I've ever made (more on that in a moment), and many good Ebay acquisitions, several made possible by selling cards I had and turning the profits into cards I wanted. I will save a special place for the big mother trade at the end of this thread, but to start, here are the highlights of most of my monthly pick-ups. Enjoy the eye candy!

some SPA FW auto pickups from various years

Spezza SPA FW Auto!

09-10 The Cup Enshrinements Kovalchuk /50

my first ever Ranford auto, and a set need for 11-12 Ultimate 1997 Legends Signatures

my first Mike Richter auto, and they aren't easy to come by!

knocked this Ovy/Malkin off my 10-11 Dominion Honoured Rivals want list, and got it at a great price!

got this beauty Norm Ullman auto at an unbelievable price that I couldn't pass up. I'm especially pleased with this addition knowing that Ullman is a tougher HOF auto to find. This is the emerald parallel /5 (set is 2008 Donruss Sports Legends, a multi-sport product).

Speaking of HOF autos, I also landed this 11-12 The Cup Signature Patches of another guy who isn't seen often in the hobby, who could skate like the best of them and scored a few goals from what I hear ;)

My first pick-up from this beauty sub-set from 11-12 Dominion that I've fallen in love with. I am going to try and pick away at it and see if I can do the whole thing in the long run. As you will see, I had a productive month to kick things off.

and then this beauty...

which leads to this, perhaps the pick-up of the month that meant the most to me, as it was one of a very select few remaining cards I need for my 07-08 Trilogy Personal Scripts set chase

And that brings me to the mother trade! First, I must give a shout-out to the other party in this trade, SCF member Reinhart. We exchanged what must have been 40-50 PMs over several weeks before this trade finally took its final form and we could agree to post it up in the trade manager with no loose ends. He was a pleasure to deal with, was honest, friendly, and open throughout the process, and I dare say I've made another hobby friend in the process. I hope my package to him arrives today (as it is supposed to) so he can enjoy his end as much as I am enjoying mine.

In fact, I was so pumped about this deal that when the package arrived in the mail on the 24th, I couldn't resist the temptation to put it under the family Christmas tree, and wait until the present-opening session in the morning before busting into it. Here is a pic to prove it!

Here is my side of the deal. I will list the cards from least to most valuable. I have not included the Brayden McNabb and Eddie Lack YGs that I also received as part of the deal (for my set).

You don't want to know what it cost me to acquire those cards, haha. I have no regrets, even if it was an arm and a leg! Hopefully Reinhart does a SnT thread of his own and shows them off!

Best to you all!

Paul

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

Seriously, where do I even start???

Ok from the top, lalalaaaa, a bunch of half-decent to very-decent cards I don't care about, all good, nothing to lose it over, nice Ranford, nice Spezza, then BOOM beeyootiful Malkin / Ovechkin jerseys card. Awesome Ullman auto, I have a few of those, nothing out of 5 tho. Dale Hawerchuck & Bobby Hull auto/sticks sooooooooo pretty!! ANOTHER Bobby Hull auto!!!

Then the trade, scrolling........Simon Depres? Jonas Enroth? Hackett?? Johansen??? I should care about this whyyyoooooooooohhhhhhhh THAT'S why....... more Bobby Hull, Cam Neely auto on a disgustingly scungy piece of stick, JOE SAKIC!!!! andddddd Brett Hull!!

Wow sir!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Ottawa Senators Toronto Blue Jays Toronto Raptors
    See hossa18sens's Items on eBay

Was all the booze part of the trade lol?

Love all those stick pieces. (are you starting a Hull PC?)

Amazing Christmas package Paul. Congrats and thanks for the show