Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Oakland Athletics
    COMC Cards For Sale

stupid lady

i got a couple of stares at my "stay calm and vote for mitt" shirt here at college but no one acted ignorant like that.

i also love the fact that democrats are always the first to poke or make fun of republicans...but we republicans are looked upon as evil.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

:d:

stupid lady

i got a couple of stares at my "stay calm and vote for mitt" shirt here at college but no one acted ignorant like that.

I also love the fact that democrats are always the first to poke or make fun of republicans...but we republicans are looked upon as evil.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

stupid lady

i also love the fact that democrats are always the first to poke or make fun of republicans...but we republicans are looked upon as evil.

Hahahahahahah

"It's always them never us"

Get a clue. One side is as bad as the other.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Oakland Athletics
    COMC Cards For Sale

Hahahahahahah

"It's always them never us"

Get a clue. One side is as bad as the other.

you are canadian.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

You are observant. Have a point to go along with that? Or are you another who believes that Canadians have no idea about America and no right to say anything?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

stupid lady

there are both sides that poke and make fun of the other party.

as for the lawsuit, we can't really say what sort of distress she went through. I think what the teacher did was absurd and wasn't very teacherly of her. I could see some light hearted jabbing in certain instances as I had some teacher/student relationships that were like that with a few teachers although most were about sports. I had a teacher who loved IU and I'm a purdue fan so I'd get reactions from him with purdue shirts and stuff I hung on my desk but nothing that was malicious or had me compared to the KKK. A teacher who would compare the wearing of a romney shirt to the KKK is simply idiotic. This teacher should embrace the options that young people have because we live in a free society, not try to push her agenda.

I'm not sure where this will fall as far as saying that it violated her first amendment right. Students that go to school don't have the rights that we all have when they are within the school walls. I doubt the dress code states that political shirts couldn't be worn, but there are many types of shirts that kids can't wear to school. I do think the teacher should be punished although I'm not sure exactly what that should be. I'm not sure that the girl should be awarded money... if that is in fact what they are looking for as far as compensation goes.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Both of them were wrong. The acted in poor taste by mocking the student but you can't tell me that this girl didn't know what she was in for by wearing a romney shirt in a democratic leaning school. I think that the girl did it for shock value and could have possibly had some political or even racial biases as well.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Hmm, lack of a response leads me to believe this statement was nothing but racist ignorance in the™name of...patriotism?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

Canadian is a race?

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Youcome up with the proper word that carries the same connotation. I'd have used "nationalism" but people seem to think that's a good thing. Racism will have todo, although I am and was fully aware it's not the exact word. It's thinking you're better because of where you live. By all means, if you have a better word to describe my meaning, let me know.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast