Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

The mistake by the teacher was telling the student to get out of her class. She could have made any comments she wanted but kicking someone out because you do not agree with their wardrobe is different.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See j80rice's Items on eBay

Both of them were wrong. The acted in poor taste by mocking the student but you can't tell me that this girl didn't know what she was in for by wearing a romney shirt in a democratic leaning school. I think that the girl did it for shock value and could have possibly had some political or even racial biases as well.

what???

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Well, it is entirely possible she supports Romney because she is racist and doesn't want a black President.

Not likely, but possible.

Personally, I would have questioned "political bias" since it's pretty obvious she is biased towards Romney (and against Obama) so it was pretty useless to speculate that she has political biases. It's pretty obvious that she does.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See j80rice's Items on eBay

Well, it is entirely possible she supports Romney because she is racist and doesn't want a black President.

Not likely, but possible.

but is that really productive dialogue? We could make any claim in the world about what is possible in someone's thinking, but does it get us anywhere to make veiled accusations of racism at anyone who supported a republican? If I replied to every post about someone voting for Obama with "i think they have some racial bias" how productive is that? It is something that cannot be proven, I have pretty much zero basis for, but I throw it out there to slant the conversation.

Also, is this the place we have come to. Anyone who voted republican may "possibly" be a racist? Because she supported Romney "it is entirely possible she is racist and doesn't want a black president"?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

but is that really productive dialogue? We could make any claim in the world about what is possible in someone's thinking, but does it get us anywhere to make veiled accusations of racism at anyone who supported a republican? If I replied to every post about someone voting for Obama with "i think they have some racial bias" how productive is that? It is something that cannot be proven, I have pretty much zero basis for, but I throw it out there to slant the conversation.

Also, is this the place we have come to. Anyone who voted republican may "possibly" be a racist? Because she supported Romney "it is entirely possible she is racist and doesn't want a black president"?

I don't care what anyone says there was a large percentage of people who voted against President Obama for racist reasons. President Obama still won in a landslide and was clearly the best man for the canidate but I really do wonder how much more of a blowout it would have been if both canidates were white. Yes this country has made a lot of progress over the years but we got a long way to go if people are so sickened with racism and hatred that they will pick the much lesser of two political canidates and therefore voting against the best intrests of your country, family and yourself simply because they hate the race of on of them. That must be a misreable existance to have that much hatred in your heart.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

As much as saying a black person who voted Obama is/may be racist, but no Republican ever said that, right? How about "people voted for Obama because they want things"? Is that not Republicans saying Democrats are lazy, entitled freeloaders?

I'm not taking you to task on anything here, just showing that it goes both ways. Eventually one side is going to have to suck it up and take it without throwing it back, or at the very least start picking your battles. In this case, nothing veg said was overtly offensive (with the qualifier of known speculation) or incorrect (can't be proven either way), so why not let that one go? There's lots of examples like this where someone says something kind of stupid, it goes unnoticed, then someone picks it up and devolves the conversation back to "You're racist! No, you are!",so don't think I'm picking on you or anything.

Is it possible EVERY white person who voted for Romney is a racist? No, just like it's not possible EVERY black person who voted Obama is racist.
    Is it possible ANY white person who vote Romney is a racist? Yes, just like it's possible ANY black person who voted Obama is a racist.

Can we ever know? No.
    Is this a productive area of discussion? No
    Was there a reason to rehash it...?

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I don't care what anyone says there was a large percentage of people who voted against President Obama for racist reasons. President Obama still won in a landslide and was clearly the best man for the canidate but I really do wonder how much more of a blowout it would have been if both canidates were white. Yes this country has made a lot of progress over the years but we got a long way to go if people are so sickened with racism and hatred that they will pick the much lesser of two political canidates and therefore voting against the best intrests of your country, family and yourself simply because they hate the race of on of them. That must be a misreable existance to have that much hatred in your heart.

I wonder if blacks would have voted in as high a number had both candidates been white...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

I wonder if blacks would have voted in as high a number had both candidates been white...

I'm sure that a small precentage of blacks may not have voted if both canidates were white but since we only make up a fraction of the population it wouldn't have mattered. Republicans complain that blacks only voted for Obama because he is black but none of them can explain why a large precentage of white people voted for him.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I'm sure that a small precentage of blacks may not have voted if both canidates were white but since we only make up a fraction of the population it wouldn't have mattered. Republicans complain that blacks only voted for Obama because he is black but none of them can explain why a large precentage of white people voted for him.

So your conclusion is that anyone white who voted Romney is probably racist?
    That's ignorant.

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gladdyontherise's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

Both of them were wrong. The acted in poor taste by mocking the student but you can't tell me that this girl didn't know what she was in for by wearing a romney shirt in a democratic leaning school. I think that the girl did it for shock value and could have possibly had some political or even racial biases as well.

Of course you would make this a race issue.

With this logic, any non-white person who dislikes Romney is racist, right? That's how poor the logic is...
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast