Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bowman Sterling 2 packs, Could it be? Yes, I believe it is!!! # 13/15

I have had a huge amount of bad luck this year in buying Topps products! How many Egnew, Broyles, Joe Adams, TY Grahams, Fleener, Greg Childs does a guy need? So I was not going to buy any more Topps for 2012!

Stopped by local number one to check on their weekly drawing and we talk about Crown Royale coming out January 4th. I buy some supplies and a couple of packs of Golden Age of Baseball. We talk some more and the owner tells me, how great Bowman Sterling had been at their store. They were out trying to find more product because sales had been so great. Like a fool, I agree to try one pack at $64. Little on the high side but lets see who? At this point I knew I would get one of the players listed above!

Well NO!!! I did not get one of those. I lucked out and got a lineman! Bad to worse, even if the lineman plays great, it is a lineman!

Pack yielded:

Base: Dwight Bentley ?? Riley Reiff ??? and Fletcher Cox.

Jersey card:

And the MONEY card

I then was off to local number two to chew the fat with a couple of collectors and try my luck on Golden Age of Baseball. Get to the store and the owner had not restocked Golden Age so I buy the eight packs he has left in the store and pull a Minnie Minoso bat card. Not bad for eight packs.

We talk about what had been sellin in his store. Again Bowman Sterling had been a big seller for him. Anything good come out? Nothing great was the answer, some nice cards but nothing huge. No Luck or Grifffin. Owner then tells me a guy just left who had opened five boxes and three packs from the open box on the glass in front of me.

Since no Golden Age to buy and money in my pocket, I think why not try one more pack. It could not get much worse that a lineman auto. Let's try the middle pack of the three. Never take the middle ones.

Rip into the pack and see this card on the back:

Last week I pulled a Childs case hit from Strata, so I am thinking another DUD !!!

Flip over the cards and I can tell I have a refractor of some kind as I slowly move the card apart.

Rest of the Pack

Base: Jarius Wright, Tavon Wilson

Then a Refractor

# 33/50 of Rishard Matthews ??? Never heard of him

But what was hiding behind the refractor but this card!!!!!!

Finally a super nice card from Topps

# 13/15 Prism Refractor Dual Autograph Dual Relic Player Worn Jesey Card

Glad to finish out the breakage year of 2012 on a HIGH Note and how LUCKY can a guy get!!!!

Here is the case hit of Childs if anyone wants to see.

HaPPY NeW YeAR to EVERYONE !!!!!

sexy griffin/rg3! nice pull!

Collecting PEYTON MANNING, CAL RIPKEN JR, AUSTIN COLLIE AND CURRENT COLTS
    **IN THAT ORDER, PEYTON TAKES PRIORITY**

nice, sterling isnt too bad this year, but some boxes can be brutal!
    Go Gators and Bears!
    I only collect Justin Blackmon and I guess I am getting in the SUPER collector range of Alshon Jeffery! Over 40 autos and rising!

Nice buildup to an awesome card,today you were the windshield,nice not to be the bug for a change isn't it,HUGE CONGRATS.
    Do something nice for someone everyday, it will pay off in the long run.

Let us Pray.Hidden Content

Nice! Good to see your luck is changing!

Collecting Detroit Lions,Tigers,Red Wings,Pistons and U of Michigan.

Interested in joining the baseball staff? Drop me a pm!

Sweet Luck/Griffin dual! I bet you're glad you took the middle pack!
    I trade by book value & buy/sell by sell value but always factor in common sense. Collecting David Wright, Matt Harvey, Derek Jeter, Ben Roethlisberger & Hines Ward. Looking for vintage Graig Nettles, Terry Bradshaw, Lynn Swann, John Stallworth, Franco Harris, Jack Lambert & Rod Woodson. Bucket - Hidden Content

Awesome hit on the Dual, congrats!
    Hidden Content
    **Hidden Content **
    Bucket Updated 8/22/14

Those Greg Childs cards must be from a pre-draft photo shoot that was edited after the draft. What a total dud.

However, that Luck/RG3 is an amazing looking card! Talking about making up for the rest of the breaks!
    Collecting:
    Maurice Jones-Drew, Ryan Moats, Bernard Pierce, Margus Hunt & Green Bay Packers game used
    Maurice Jones-Drew - Different: 901/3118 Total: 1143
    Ryan Moats - Different: 173/366

That should put you at about even for the year huh? Nice Hit
    Hidden Content
    Always looking for Josh Freeman, Doug Martin, Westbrook, Durant, Klay Thompson, Steph Curry & Gary Payton
    Football Tradelist: Hidden Content
    Basketball Tradelist: Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by WVcoltsfan View Post
    sexy griffin/rg3! nice pull!
    Great pull! Shocked Coltsfan wasn't pumped Luck was there too!
    Hidden Content
    Thanks to all that I've dealt with!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast