Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 16 123411 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

To all theists, answer these questions if you dare.

#1 (just as a formality) Do you believe in god ?

#2 WHY do you believe in god?

#3 Does the answer to #2 have any evidence that would be useful to anyone other than yourself?

#4 If #3 is no, why should anyone believe in something which only you have evidence for, If #3 is Yes, why have you not shared this information so we can finally end this big debate?

#5 If you use anecdotal evidence as your basis for believing in god, then you should also count the anecdotal evidence for people believing in aliens, bigfoot, fairies, and other things which there is no evidence for everyone, right?

#6 If the people who believe in aliens, bigfoot, etc. are sometimes called deluded, why is your belief in god any different than those people?
    Last edited by JustAlex; 12-13-2012 at 05:58 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

#1 (just as a formality) Do you believe in god ? Yes

#2 WHY do you believe in god? I can't do anything to prove it to you I just believe in him in my heart.

#3 Does the answer to #2 have any evidence that would be useful to anyone other than yourself? None. It's is not my job to provide evidence of God to anyone else. Anyone who wants to find God must seek him for his/herself.

#4 If #3 is no, why should anyone believe in something which only you have evidence for, If #3 is Yes, why have you not shared this information so we can finally end this big debate? See response for question #3

#5 If you use anecdotal evidence as your basis for believing in god, then you should also count the anecdotal evidence for people believing in aliens, bigfoot, fairies, and other things which there is no evidence for everyone, right?

#6 If the people who believe in aliens, bigfoot, etc. are sometimes called deluded, why is your belief in god any different than those people? Again whatever someone else believes in is not my problem.

Responses in bold.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (376)
    Country
    See AUTaxMan's Items on eBay

Excellent answers. Those are also mine.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

You both could have just said, "No comment." Other than the first question, you ignored the others as most believers do.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

You both could have just said, "No comment." Other than the first question, you ignored the others as most believers do.

Once again as for ME personally it is not my job to convert you any other atheist, a muslim, jew, budhist or anyone else to Christanity or any other religion. If you have questions I will be glad to answer them to the best of my knowledge and explain why what I do works for ME but if you are looking for me to attempt to convert you then don't hold your breath.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TheBench(150)
    Country
    See tpeichel34's Items on eBay

If you triple dog dare me, I'll take a stab at it.

Evil

Humans are the only creatures on earth capable of taking pleasure in the suffering of others.

SCF Rewards
    Country

1.) Yes

2.) I believe in God because science can't prove creation otherwise...yet

3.) Yes

4.) Others feel the same way, but we're shunned by the majority

5.) Correct

6.) They are labeled as deluded because there is no science or evidence...sort of the same as God. You're here, that's the difference and evidence until proven otherwise.

Basically, the answer to all of your questions, imho, is the word faith.

#1 (just as a formality) Do you believe in god ?

#2 WHY do you believe in god?

#3 Does the answer to #2 have any evidence that would be useful to anyone other than yourself?

#4 If #3 is no, why should anyone believe in something which only you have evidence for, If #3 is Yes, why have you not shared this information so we can finally end this big debate?

#6 If the people who believe in aliens, bigfoot, etc. are sometimes called deluded, why is your belief in god any different than those people?

SCF Rewards
    Country

IMO, the OP isn't trying to be converted, just gain perspective and then discuss...could be wrong though.

And for discussion sake... I thought Christians are supposed to convert people from other walks of life? Again, could be wrong, but the disturbances on my weekend mornings and the letters prove otherwise. I don't read the Bible so I cannot quote, but isn't there something about going and spreading the word?

Once again as for ME personally it is not my job to convert you any other atheist, a muslim, jew, budhist or anyone else to Christanity or any other religion. If you have questions I will be glad to answer them to the best of my knowledge and explain why what I do works for ME but if you are looking for me to attempt to convert you then don't hold your breath.

Last edited by Monsterx; 12-13-2012 at 11:58 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Just to be clear, I may be misunderstanding here...

God exists because evil exists?

If you triple dog dare me, I'll take a stab at it.

Evil

Humans are the only creatures on earth capable of taking pleasure in the suffering of others.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TheBench(150)
    Country
    See tpeichel34's Items on eBay

Just to be clear, I may be misunderstanding here...

God exists because evil exists?

Christianity has a simple explanation for the existence of evil.

On the other hand, evolutionary theory has no way to explain why humans are the only species on earth that have "evolved" to be capable of evil.

Page 1 of 16 123411 ... LastLast