Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2012-13 Contenders box Break

2012-13 Contenders box Break

I swore off of this product when it came out. The LCS owner and I had a trade that we reversed a portion of that also involved some cash so I had a credit balance. I rolled the cash balance plus some more cash into a box of this product.

Here are the "hits" if you would call them that.

If I am not mistaken this 1 in 20 cases. Please correct me if I am wrong here.

Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Transferred Feedback
    (5) Sports Card Freaks

View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    I believe you're correct, 1 in 20 cases. In that case it's a massive hit, congrats!
    Andrew Nicholson collector
    Stolen cards: Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

THe BV are not out yet on this and I only see that one has sold on the Bay. It was the Vince Carter for $100. It is tough compare one to the other but I would say wholesale D-Wade may have more followers than VC, present day. The tough thing is actually placing a value on the card but I am $120 into the box and the rest of the box was bleh. At the very least I would say trade value-wise the wade paid for the box. The base set is very polarizing. You will like it or hate it(me? I hate it) but four autos for $120 is decent IMO.

That D Wade is a sick hit. Just a classy card haha
    Main PC: Detroit Red Wings and Alex Morgan
    Minor PC: Max Fried and Tyler Pike
    Continous PC: USA Olympians
    PB: Hidden Content

For such long odds (1 in 20 cases) they are going pretty cheap on eBay. Also, I would figure that they would have been numbered but they are not. I am still psyched about the pull but I think I will wait for the market to establish before figuring what to do with it. Either way this was my only box of contenders this year.

Great hit on the Wade, but I am kind of disappointed in the Contenders Look this year... I rather have it be like the 09-10 one where ATLEAST you pulled an On-Card Rookie Auto in the box.
    SUPERCOLLECTING OZHAINO ALBIES
    ***Always Looking For St. Louis Hawks Graded Vintage and Autos***
    "Risk Something Or Forever Sit With Your Dreams" - Herb Brooks

Hidden Content l Hidden Content

I agree with you. I grabbed this box out of circumstance. I had figured to stay away from the product. The base card design with that...ink blot type stuff in the background is pretty hideous. I was a big fan of the 2010-11 Contenders Patches product and I hope that they release that again. This product did nothing for me and I will call this the only box that I grab.

I could use any Lebron or brandon jennings base/inserts you pulled. Thanks
    Collecting: Lebron James, Kyrie stuff for my son and whatever catches my eye.

List of Lebrons I HAVE:

Hidden Content

My bucket
    Hidden Content

I actually pulled nothing of either. I was highly unimpressed with the box other than the Wade.

I feel you there. I opened 2 boxes of it and did hit a Davis auto. I didn't think to look for those others before selling the base. I don't think I hit one of those HOF or Rookie Tickets. 4 auto's isn't bad. I just don't like the 100 rookie auto's especially when we know some of the rookies from last years draft are in d leagure or not even playing.
    Hidden Content

Mainly into football. Looking for RC Auto prospects, some HOFERs and Former Vols.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast