Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Card Of 2012?

BANNED

Blog Entries
    Country
    See Riley_NBHC's Items on eBay

Favorite Card Of 2012?

As we all know 2013 is coming! It has come fast but non-the-less it is here! Before it comes let's all embrace our hobby and show off a little. Let's show off our favorite card of the year! If your feeling up to it, leave your reason why! I will go first;

This is my favorite card of the year because it was a part of my Christmas tradition from my bro! It is my favorite player and it is a beautiful card!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Blackhawks Vegas Golden Knights
    Twitter: @CenterIceCC See eahobbies's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

I saw it in Panini's Dominion preview last summer (2011) and knew I had to get it. A member on here had it and we were able to swing a massive deal (my biggest ever) and it is now the cornerstone of my collection! It is very meaningful to me as well as my dad because my dad worked with the Hawks (strength and conditioning coach) while Keith was the head coach, they were very close friends.
    Last edited by HammerHawks; 12-30-2012 at 05:30 PM.
    Hidden Content
    Collecting Niklas Hjalmarsson, Jaccob Slavin, Ryan Dzingel, Brogan Rafferty, Derek Whitmore, Blackhawks, & 2003-04
    Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Blue Jays Toronto Maple Leafs
    See thehip_022's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

My favorite is not as impressive looking as some , but finally finished my leafs team set and was extremely happy to finally acquire it this year .

Happy New Years to all :)

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (108) Hobby Insider
    Country

The biggest hit from my first case break. A very special card when we know about Barilko's story.

Wantlist: Hidden Content
    Tradelist: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Blue Jays Toronto Maple Leafs
    See thehip_022's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

the card i was dreaming about when i ordered my case

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See flopscards's Items on eBay

I might be a little biased but....
    Favourite GU Card:

Favourite Auto Cards:

And Favourite Non GU/Auto:

Long story short, I used the bottom 3 to get the top one :D

SCF Rewards
    Country

Really a great idea to make cards with team instead of players. OPC won the best cards for me this year with the team logo.
    ours.jpg

On a personal note, artifacts, like last year, make me really happy with a lot of great pulls (and really great trades, thanks to everyone). This one was traded on this site and still incoming. I go see the mail everyday....

1111Price_zpsa8e4bc41.jpg

and this one (pull):

DSCN2699.jpg
    Last edited by lexiled; 12-31-2012 at 01:14 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

According to my eBay archives I bought 1,027 things this year, so picking out a favorite would be impossible. And yes, I realize I have a huge problem, that's what New Years' Resolutions are alllll about.

This card came from Tim (Tivo32) who tried to take less money than what we'd agreed upon. So it's my favorite because A) look at the card ferpetesake and B) it made me feel a little better about the hobby and the world in general, knowing there's still a few decent people out there :)

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (62)
    Country

Sort of an oddball item but my favorite pick up from trading this year was this:

I had never seen one of these Kraft Logo Stickers before and it instantly became the oldest card in my Blue Jackets team collection once I received it.

SCF Rewards
    Country

This one was my favorite pickup of the year for two reasons - my favorite player, and a card design that I really like:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast