Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

US to Canada Shipping is Out of Control

I'm a hockey collector in the US, and I recently made a couple of deals with traders that are in Canada. I've done this in the past having paid $2.00 to maybe at most $4.00 in shipping per package. Never have really had to fill out the customs forms. Recently the US Postal Service, being the wonderful people they are raised their rates, and now even though Canada is part of the continent of North America force us to fill out these archaic customs forms. What should have been a total of maybe $4.00 to $5.00 for the shipping of the two packages cost me over $13.00. That to me is crazy. The postal employee even said to me it would be cheaper to drive over to Canada then to ship there. I feel like the postal service is ripping the US consumer off. I understand it's a business and they need to make money (saying every time they raise the rates that they're losing money), but this is ridiculous. For a couple of dollar trade it shouldn't cost me an arm and a leg and my first born.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spuds1961's Items on eBay

It is really bad news for Canadian traders as most people won't trade if the shipping is worth more than the cards they are sending.I know I haven't traded much across the border to begin with,but with the new rates unless it's a really high end trade it just isn't worth it.
    Do something nice for someone everyday, it will pay off in the long run.

Let us Pray.Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See lambeausouth923's Items on eBay

I just bought a BGS graded 2011 Bowman Chrome Bryce Harper auto. Shipping from Canada to me in Texas cost $18. Yeowch.