Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Anyone else gift Autographs for Christmas?

I personally love my autograph collection and thought it might be cool to gift some autographs to family this Christmas. Trust me when I tell you the reactions to the right autograph was fun to see this holiday season. My mother is a huge Beatles fan. She was in utter disbelief to open a gift from me and the wife to find a Paul McCartney certified 8x10. First time I have ever seen her speachless at a gift. My wife recieved the newest Janet Evanovich book number 19 in a series from one of my daughters and was very happy with that gift! I told her to open the cover and she realized I had gotten a signed bookplate and placed it in the book for her! Only bad part is that now I had to buy her another copy as she does not want to mess up the signed one? Oh well! I will say that the right autograph can definately work as a fun gift!
    Hidden Content ~ best SCF feature ever!
    Go Mets, Colts, Reds and The Ohio State University
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

I did this as well this year for a few friends. Got some autographs and had them framed, it went over really well. My one friend who is a big Rams fan got an Issac Bruce 8x10. Another friend, whose favorite movie series is Scream, got a signed and personalized photo from Dane Farwell, the stuntman who was inside the Ghostface costume. And my third friend got a signed photo of Martin Sheen as Queenan from The Departed as it's his favorite movie. He was in shock when he saw it. Also snagged my dad a few signed postcards of Churchill Downs by Kentucky Derby winning jockeys and they're already hanging up on the wall. Definitely a great gift idea.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I did the same this year for a few family members. My step dad is a cowboys fan and has a basement with a bunch of stuff but doesn't have any autographs. So thought would start his collection and got him a demarcus ware 11x14 framed. My dad is a steelers fan so i got him a Big Ben 16x20 and my girlfriend complains about me with autographs so i decided to get her favorite player jason witten's autograph. They were pretty stunned. Idk if it was because they liked it or because they weren't expecting anything like that lol

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See nextspeed's Items on eBay

This season, my brother-in-law had quarterback Matthew Stafford on his fantasy football team, so I got Stafford to sign an 8 x 10 photo at a paid signing back in September, matted & framed in an 11 x 14 frame, and gave it away to him as a Christmas present. For my brother, since pro boxer Manny Pacquiao was generous enough to add 2 additional signed photos along with the original one I sent for him to sign TTM, I matted & framed the 8 1/2 x 11 photo onto an 11 x 14 frame, and also gave it away as a Christmas gift.
    Last edited by tboculosis; 01-02-2013 at 12:20 AM.

BANNED

Country

This season, my brother-in-law had quarterback Matthew Stafford on his fantasy football team, so I got Stafford to sign an 8 x 10 photo at a paid signing back in September, matted & framed in an 11 x 14 frame, and gave it away to him as a Christmas present. For my brother, since pro boxer Manny Pacquiao was generous enough to add 2 additional signed photos along with the original one I sent for him to sign TTM, I matted & framed the 8 1/2 x 11 photo onto an 11 x 14 frame, and also gave it away as a Christmas gift.

I should send to Manny soon but I am not sure when to, before his fight?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

My momma likes certian ballplayers and coaches and I sent her a couple of the IP autos that I got. I also ordered her a jersey card of a ballplayer that she likes.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Country

My mom is a big Alabama fan. I got her a movie poster from "Gamechanger" signed/personalized by Saban. That's the only one from this year but I have hooked my nephew up a lot.

My wife surprised me with a Bo Jackson signed mini helmet for Christmas a few years ago. I got him to add a few inscriptions to it when we started working with him.