Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Best Baseball Products?

Trying to get back into baseball, but unsure what are the best products. Any insight?
    SET BUILDING:
    Bears: Multi-Color Patches of anyone, Older GU, and Autos
    Hidden Content

Depends on if you want prospects, HOF, or regular baseball products to bust
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

A mixture is nice. I know Bowman Chrome/Sterling is good for prospects. I like Triple Threads, 5 Star and Tier One. But I don't know how the hold on value, or if there are better products.
    SET BUILDING:
    Hidden Content

bowman/chrome
    topps/chrome
    have 4242 different cardinals cards

Quote Originally Posted by stlcardinalsfan View Post
    bowman/chrome
    topps/chrome

also getting back into it. What is the timing of these releases? Do the 2013's come out soon? So much stiff gets released anymore it is hard to follow for me. I am wanting to get some hobby boxes of Bowman Chromes. And one more thing, how many hobby boxes does it take to build a complete set? Back in the day I could get about 4 boxes and almost complete a set...
    Hidden Content <- my wants
    most anything I have more than 1 of in my SCF inventory is FT...PM me for info
    Always looking to add to these team collections: Toronto Maple Leafs; Pittsburgh Steelers; Cincinnati Reds; Notre Dame; Team Sweden Hockey

Quote Originally Posted by xpucksx View Post
    also getting back into it. What is the timing of these releases? Do the 2013's come out soon? So much stiff gets released anymore it is hard to follow for me. I am wanting to get some hobby boxes of Bowman Chromes. And one more thing, how many hobby boxes does it take to build a complete set? Back in the day I could get about 4 boxes and almost complete a set...
    Seeing as how the complete sets have autographs in them that fall about 1 per box it would take quite a lot to complete a set. If you mean the set minus the autographs then I can't answer that as I haven't opened up a box of that stuff in years.

I think the first set of the year is the regular base Topps cards. Bowman and Topps Chrome come out after baseball season starts going.

Quote Originally Posted by pwaldo View Post
    Seeing as how the complete sets have autographs in them that fall about 1 per box it would take quite a lot to complete a set. If you mean the set minus the autographs then I can't answer that as I haven't opened up a box of that stuff in years.

I think the first set of the year is the regular base Topps cards. Bowman and Topps Chrome come out after baseball season starts going.
    I am looking to collect Bowman Chromes, and was not targeting to get full autograph set - that would be a bonus - I just want a complete regular set to start, if that is possible. That is part of my noobishness though...not knowing what counts as a full set anymore
    Hidden Content <- my wants
    most anything I have more than 1 of in my SCF inventory is FT...PM me for info
    Always looking to add to these team collections: Toronto Maple Leafs; Pittsburgh Steelers; Cincinnati Reds; Notre Dame; Team Sweden Hockey

What are thoughts on high-end products?
    SET BUILDING:
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by xpucksx View Post
    I am looking to collect Bowman Chromes, and was not targeting to get full autograph set - that would be a bonus - I just want a complete regular set to start, if that is possible. That is part of my noobishness though...not knowing what counts as a full set anymore
    You can basically make whatever you want as a set now. You can have a full set with or without autographs. The set without autographs should be easy to complete though.

Quote Originally Posted by Helms83 View Post
    What are thoughts on high-end products?
    2012 Topps Museum Collection was probably the best Topps high end product this year. The problem with Topps though is that next year it could be Tribute, it could be Tier One, etc. Usually they all have good quality but with similar cards in each product the varying price point is the deciding factor in what to buy.

The most important: Budget... Sad, but true.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast