Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Blackhawks Vegas Golden Knights
    Twitter: @CenterIceCC See eahobbies's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

New Year's Resolution - Set Suggestions

One of the things on my list was to start and finish a set, preferably an auto and/or mem set. Here are some qualifications:

1) Vertical layout
    2) 50 cards or less
    3) Not super high-end (No The Cup)
    4) Relatively affordable (Again, no The Cup)
    5) Good mix of players, both current and retired if possible
    6) No impossible-to-find SSPs such as 06-07 Parkhurst
    7) Not slabbed (No ITG Ultimate Memorabilia, HSHS, etc.)

Let's hear those suggestions! CONVINCE ME. Once there are a few solid options, I will make another thread with the vote.

Thanks guys!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See miscs75's Items on eBay

any restriction on year?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @CenterIceCC See eahobbies's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

No sir, though I guess 2005-06 or more current. Or maybe 03-04 at the earliest.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See miscs75's Items on eBay

My votes:
    2011-12 or 2012-13 Black Diamond All-Time Greats Championship Rings (legends not Cup Winner)
    any season Black Diamond Hardware Heroes
    2011-12 Pinnacle Starting 6 GU

SCF Rewards
    Country

One of the things on my list was to start and finish a set, preferably an auto and/or mem set. Here are some qualifications:

1) Vertical layout
    2) 50 cards or less
    3) Not super high-end (No The Cup)
    4) Relatively affordable (Again, no The Cup)
    5) Good mix of players, both current and retired if possible
    6) No impossible-to-find SSPs such as 06-07 Parkhurst
    7) Not slabbed (No ITG Ultimate Memorabilia, HSHS, etc.)

Let's hear those suggestions! CONVINCE ME. Once there are a few solid options, I will make another thread with the vote.

Thanks guys!

One set from this year that I think would be pretty cool to complete is the Certified Fabrics of the Game Mirror Red Jersey Team Diecut. See two samples below. They have a vertical layout and I really like the amount of fabric used. A few auctions on ebay are starting at one cent. The higher BIN/BO are $20. They are limited to 150 cards (However, looking at the checklist on the Panini site, 5 players have less-Steve Mason (25), Brandon Sutter (25), Alex Pietrangelo (50), Brayden Schenn (50), and Kris Versteeg (75). )

There are 100 cards in the set, which is more than you stated, but there are also retired players like Belfour and Lemieux. There are also a few rookies like Pickard and Glennie. The mix of players is pretty varied for today's guys.

This set does NOT model the 100 card base set. So I think it is a set that would be pretty unique from other sets that are out there.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Miscs75 - love the look of them but they are horizontal.
    JVW - love it. The number of cards is actually flexible, I just said 50 because I have a display case that holds 50. I actually just bought a Lehtonen for $2 shipped! Might look into that.

Keep the suggestions coming folks!
    Last edited by HammerHawks; 01-01-2013 at 08:22 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Cool idea! If you want the cards to include memorabilia and an auto I think this set is pretty cool looking and has a nice mix of current/retired players. It's also #/50 and should be pretty affordable...

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/2012-13-Certi...NYgw~~60_3.JPG

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See harpercollector's Items on eBay

I agree with JVW, the Fabrics of the Game Team Diecut would look really sweet. More than 50 in the set, but they can come pretty cheap as the SPs in the set are all lower end not-as-expensive players.
    The challenge in building this set (could be a positive or negative depends on you) is the lack of Certified being broken.
    Hope you have fun with whatever you decide to go with :)

SCF Rewards
    Country

12-13 Certified looks like a lot of people like it, the die cuts and auto jerseys are both great options. If there was an auto die cut version that might be the one! Haha

Any more suggestions???

SCF Rewards
    Country

12-13 Certified looks like a lot of people like it, the die cuts and auto jerseys are both great options. If there was an auto die cut version that might be the one! Haha

Any more suggestions???

An auto die cut team name version...I like the sounds of that! Maybe you should write Panini and they can include that in their 2013-14 set. They already did an auto die cut the previous two years, but the die cut was the player's jersey number. I think there were only 25 cards for each player and the prime version had 10 cards.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast