Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

best place to sell $1-$5 BV numbered inserts?

After closing our store on Beckett last year we are left with probably 200,000 numbered inserts in the $1-$5 range. Not going to send these to COMC, we use Google Checkout and not Paypal so we are trying to find a decent site that either is integrated with Google or has it's own payment service. Sportsbuy has more glitches than sales so we've given up on them. Any ideas?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Have you tried selling them on this site?
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Oakland Athletics
    COMC Cards For Sale

here, ebay

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Card shows or get paypal.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Update to this long ago thread of mine... sportlots has actually worked out very well... and no...still not using Paypal. Do take Intuit and Square payments though :)

BANNED

Country
    See maxe0213's Items on eBay

Why would you not accept paypal??

If you want to sell them for as much value as possible then COMC is really your only option. You'll get dirt on ebay for them. Sportslots is okay but COMC is easily the best option.

No reason not to use paypal..

SCF Rewards
    Country

Why would you not accept paypal??

If you want to sell them for as much value as possible then COMC is really your only option. You'll get dirt on ebay for them. Sportslots is okay but COMC is easily the best option.

No reason not to use paypal..

Plenty of reasons to not use Paypal. #1 I don't sell on Ebay #2 Having read the user agreement (specifically section 10) I decided I was not going to let a non regulated entity freeze my account without explanation for 180 days especially when I process $8000+ in credit card transactions a month. #3 I have a merchant account...and accept Intuit/Square. #4 Google Paypal and their ordered destruction of a violin.. better not sell a card and have someone complain to Paypal it is fake or you may never see it again and lose your money. I deal in high end antiques, rare books, coins and other things besides cards and am not going to play the games Paypal plays... #5 I have run a very successful business without it for years. You may not like my reasons....but to say there is NO reason is false. I have sent a few of these into COMC and found that unless I was giving them away at 80% off they were not moving. I am actually getting a bit better than that on sportlots. COMC has been great for higher end cards.
    Last edited by vintagetrading; 06-22-2013 at 11:57 PM.

BANNED

Country

I have sent a few of these into COMC and found that unless I was giving them away at 80% off they were not moving. I am actually getting a bit better than that on sportlots. COMC has been great for higher end cards.

lolwut. Everyone and their mother knows that COMC is great for inserts/parallels/chrome/etc. and NOT good or even close to as good as ebay for selling high end cards. The amount of exposure ebay generates will always get you more than COMC and faster as well.

If you are saying 80% of BV then I don't know how to help you. BV is obsolete.

By not using Paypal you cut out at least 50% of your buyer base (for cards at least). I can understand that there may be reasons since you apparently deal in high end antiques and not just cards (I don't know much about any of those so my response to that would be uneducated).

But for cards alone, using ebay, comc, paypal, as well as forums will always generate the most bang for your card.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Well.. I haven't sold on Ebay since they made Paypal mandatory so what goes on there means nothing to me. I had a business on the Beckett Marketplace until the management destroyed it with changes that only made things worse. COMC... my local retail avenue and sportlots have been a perfect Paypal free solution for me. Cutting out 50%? I suppose I lose some business but who knows what the exact number is and since I am getting along fine without it... and unless they change section 10 of their UA, which I doubt they will...I will never know or have a reason to find out. I would disagree with you on BV being obsolete. BV is a guide and a reference. Right now on COMC all of my Gerrit Cole autographs are priced above BV... I also have plenty of stuff at 80-90% off. There are some $10 BV cards I am ok giving away at $1 and some...for example cards #'d out of 100 or less that I want a bit more for. I am finding better luck on Sportlots for those. I have as do many others use guide as a point of reference when pricing. In the end the market will always dictate true value and knowing your market is a big part of that. My experience at this point shows collectors on SL paying more for certain cards than on COMC....and the other way around for others. I do appreciate your thoughts. I am used to the "shock" that I dare avoid Ebay/Paypal but I also know I am not alone and I know my bottom line has not suffered in the card market or otherwise without it. So I must be doing something right. :)

BANNED

Country

Well.. I haven't sold on Ebay since they made Paypal mandatory so what goes on there means nothing to me. I had a business on the Beckett Marketplace until the management destroyed it with changes that only made things worse. COMC... my local retail avenue and sportlots have been a perfect Paypal free solution for me. Cutting out 50%? I suppose I lose some business but who knows what the exact number is and since I am getting along fine without it... and unless they change section 10 of their UA, which I doubt they will...I will never know or have a reason to find out. I would disagree with you on BV being obsolete. BV is a guide and a reference. Right now on COMC all of my Gerrit Cole autographs are priced above BV... I also have plenty of stuff at 80-90% off. There are some $10 BV cards I am ok giving away at $1 and some...for example cards #'d out of 100 or less that I want a bit more for. I am finding better luck on Sportlots for those. I have as do many others use guide as a point of reference when pricing. In the end the market will always dictate true value and knowing your market is a big part of that. My experience at this point shows collectors on SL paying more for certain cards than on COMC....and the other way around for others. I do appreciate your thoughts. I am used to the "shock" that I dare avoid Ebay/Paypal but I also know I am not alone and I know my bottom line has not suffered in the card market or otherwise without it. So I must be doing something right. :)

So you say BV is not obsolete but then later on say that "in the end the market will always dictate true value"
    The market is whatever a card will sell for. Thus your saying that in the end SV will always dictate true value which i completely agree. Which is contradicting what you said earlier. BV is a book that has prices in it (almost always 50-80% more than what the card is actually worth). Its garbage now and once collectors learn that it makes everything easier.

And yes you cut out at least 50% if not more. You only use your local retail avenue which maybe will bring .05% of collectors in and sportlots who maybe bring in 10-20%.

Your losing a lot by not using ebay, comc, paypal and whatever else you are "afraid of." If you want FULL value on cards you must use all of those avenues. If you are happy with what you are doing then fine.

But your bottom line is not close to what it could be by not using those sites to your advantage.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast