Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I was just thinking that more often than not I disagree with Wickabee, but I respect him because he makes salient points. Then he pulls out the lame internet message board grammar lesson post and goes in the opposite direction.

This is a no fun zone? Crap!
    And I still haven't been shown where I said taxes are only going up on the rich. So, if Jay is going to make a nonsensical post about something not said, why can't I give an English lesson once in awhile.
    You shouldn't take life so seriously. It'll kill you eventually if you do.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TheBench(150)
    Country
    See tpeichel34's Items on eBay

This is a no fun zone? Crap!
    And I still haven't been shown where I said taxes are only going up on the rich. So, if Jay is going to make a nonsensical post about something not said, why can't I give an English lesson once in awhile.
    You shouldn't take life so seriously. It'll kill you eventually if you do.

Sorry, there was no "fun" in your tone.

I wouldn't do this if I thought it was a typo, but I don't, so...

There: noun
    Their: possessive
    and just so you learn the whole bit...
    They're: "they are"

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TheBench(150)
    Country
    See tpeichel34's Items on eBay

I thought the Democratic Party was going to close the tax loopholes for the wealthy? Looks like the White House took care of the wealthy in a big way. Hypocrites.

General Electric and Citigroup, for instance, hired Breaux and Lott to extend a tax provision that allows multinational corporations to defer U.S. taxes by moving profits into offshore financial subsidiaries. This provision -- known as the "active financing exception" -- is the main tool GE uses to avoid nearly all U.S. corporate income tax.

Liquor giant Diageo also retained Breaux and Lott to win extensions on two provisions benefitting rum-making in Puerto Rico.

The K Street firm Capitol Tax Partners, led by Treasury Department alumni from the Clinton administration, represented an even more impressive list of tax clients, who paid CTP more than $1.68 million in the third quarter.
    Besides financial clients like Citi, Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley, CTP represented green energy companies like GE and the American Wind Energy Association. These companies won extension and expansion of the production tax credit for wind energy.
    Hollywood hired CTP, too: The Motion Picture Association of America won an extension on tax credits for film production.
    After packing 50 tax credit extensions into the bill, the committee voted 19 to 5 to pass it. But then it stalled. The Senate left for the conventions and the fall campaign. Meanwhile, House Republicans signaled resistance to some of the extensions -- especially for green energy.
    One lobbyist said he didn't worry too much about the Baucus bill because "we knew the House wasn't going to pass it." But another lobbyist, who had worked on the Puerto Rico issues, said he saw Baucus' bill as an important starting point that "set the parameters" of a future fight with House Republicans.
    But there never was a fight. Baucus' bill sat ignored until last week, when the White House sat down with Senate Republicans to craft a deal averting the fiscal cliff.
    A Republican Senate aide familiar with the cliff negotiations tells me the White House wanted permanent extensions of a whole slew of corporate tax credits. When Senate Republicans said no, "the White House insisted that the exact language" of the Baucus bill be included in the fiscal cliff deal. "They were absolutely insistent," another aide tells me. (The White House did not return requests for comment.)
    Sure enough, Title II of the fiscal cliff legislation is nearly a word-for-word replication of the Family and Business Tax Cut Certainty Act of 2012.
    So, this wasn't a case of lobbyists sneaking provisions into a huge package at the last minute. That probably wouldn't have been possible, many lobbyists told me Wednesday, because the workload in the past two weeks was too large and the political stakes were too high.
    One lobbyist who worked on the bill over the summer said he would never ask a member " 'Hey, can you do this for a client,' when their political lives are on the line."

"The legislators and the staff go underground when things get so intense," another Hill staffer-turned-lobbyist told me. "Nobody has time for a meeting. Nobody wants to talk about what's going on. ... The key is to plant the seed months in advance."

GE, Goldman Sachs, Diageo -- they planted their seeds over the summer. They'll enjoy the fruit in the new year.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Sorry, there was no "fun" in your tone.

I wouldn't do this if I thought it was a typo, but I don't, so...

There: noun
    Their: possessive
    and just so you learn the whole bit...
    They're: "they are"

There was no tone in my fun, so you've got it backwards. Like I say, if you take yourself that seriously, you will die one day. It's a fact.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

And yeah, what the Dems should have done is promise to close loopholes.with no indication of which loopholes.
    That way, when you don't close them you can say "I never said I'd close THAT one" for everything and you're suddenly not a lying dirt bag.
    Romney 2012! wait...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Red Sox Boston Celtics New England Patriots
    See maccards44's Items on eBay

also, you people realize taxes will raise on everyone making 50k and up, not just "rich" people.

my taxes will go up about $320 per pay check, and I am not rich at all.

um, if your payroll taxes going up by 2% means you pay $320 MORE each pay period in payroll taxes, that translates to $640 more per month and $7680 more in payroll taxes a year. Using that math you make over $400k a year.
    maccards44 everywhere 'bay, etc
    Just Selling Right Now

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Oakland Athletics
    COMC Cards For Sale

"Remember kids, if someone doesn't have a job, they're not a person and should be treated worse than others."

What an ignorant statement. You should be ashamed.

aye you are from canada.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Do you have a point or are you an ignorant piece of trash?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spaz4's Items on eBay

Cool it guys.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Tell that "person" I know what country I live in. If he's just happy he can spell it tell him to get a crayon. This guy brings nothing to the table whatsoever, just tells me I'm Canadian. I know. He may forget where he lives every day and need a reminder. I don't. It's useless and people who do that are useless.
    Just end the ignorance, please.
    Last edited by Wickabee; 01-03-2013 at 01:10 PM.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567