Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See nextspeed's Items on eBay

Sounds like a rough night, hopefully you'll do better next time. How good (or bad) are the Wings, usually?

The Wings are exactly like the Detroit Tigers: they're bad at home, but sign better on the road. The bigger names tends to only sign at paid signings. I don't do much hockey, but might start doing more this season due to coming off a lock out, where players' signing habits might improve, in order to win fans back.

SCF Rewards
    Country

1/19/13

Attended the opening day of the 2013 North American International Auto Show in downtown Detroit today. Pro Football Hall of Famer and Detroit Lions' legend, Barry Sanders, was there on-hand to sign for free for a couple of hours at the GMC booth. The show organizers originally tweeted that he would sign 1 outside item per person a couple of days prior. Of course, on the day of and a couple of hours before the signing took place, his agent said that he would only be signing the 8 x 10 photo they were handing out, 1 per person as well. The dealers and pretty much everybody were pissed off about the miscommunication. Got Barry to sign one of the 8 x 10 photos he was handing out, plus a photo with him. The glossy photo wasn't too bad and could have worst with just been a Barry Sanders GMC promo photo on card stock. Wish that he would of signed my 8 x 10 Photofile photo that I had for him instead, but pretty sure his agent as well as the DC Sports store owner stepped in to intervene, seeing that he will be doing a paid signing at DC Sports in 3 weeks. It is what it is and glad to get Barry again.

BANNED

Country

That's a BA Sanders pic! Love it. I'm super jealous. Those people being upset is irritating to hear, should be able to get a HOFer of his stature for free any way. Congrats!

SCF Rewards
    Country

1/20/13

Graphed the Boston Celtics at their hotel as they boarded the bus to the game. Got the following to sign for me:

forward Brandon Bass - 1/1 trading card

head coach "Doc" Rivers - 1/1 trading card

Everybody else ignored. Don't even know why I tried graphing the Celtics as they are one of the absolute worst signing teams in the league. I can't wait until KG and Paul Pierce retire, so this team would be nothing more than a lottery team.

SCF Rewards
    Country

1/26/13

Attended the debacle that is Tigerfest 2013 at Comerica Park in downtown Detroit. Got the following to sign for me:

left fielder Andy Dirks - 1/1 8 x 10 Team Logo photo

second basemen Jeff Kobernus - 1/1 8 x 10 Team Logo photo

second basemen Danny Worth - 1/1 8 x 10 Team Logo photo

first base coach Tom Brookens - 1/1 ROMLB

pitcher Anibal Sanchez - 1/1 2012 team ball

This year, looks like they started using a ticket system, so you would only receive a ticket for a particular autograph session only. Was 1 session after pitching ace Justin Verlander was signing in the Tiger Den Lounge. Majorly bummed out about that, but it kind of worked in my favor, getting Brookens for my 1984 World Series Champs signed ROMLBs personal collection and Sanchez on my 2012 Tigers team ball. Could have done way better, but I'll take it for what's it worth.

SCF Rewards
    Country

1/27/13

Attended the Earl Anthony PBA Players Championship and PBA League debut event on ESPN held at the Thunderbowl Lanes out in Allen Park, MI today. On-hand were former NFL running back Jerome Bettis (team owner of the Motown Muscle) and former NFL wide receiver Terrell Owens (team owner of the Dallas Strikers) to help lend support for their PBA League teams. T.O. wasn't having it and signed mostly for kids, while shafting the adults there, so got "The Bus" to sign my mini-helmet for me.

Last edited by tboculosis; 01-27-2013 at 08:49 PM.

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gladdyontherise's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

Granted the last time I did TigerFest was 2008, but it seemed really disorganized, and you'd think since the team has so many star players, they'd have 1 star player at each line. Atleast you got Sanchez, though, sucks to miss Verlander though, I'm shocked he actually signed this year.
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

SCF Rewards
    Country

Just saw your Jazz results now. Let me guess they stayed at the bad hotel for autos again up there??? Great signing team but I don't miss going for them in Detroit.

Surprised you did the Celtics.

Tigers winter caravans are a joke. They need to learn from the Reds and Braves on how to run winter caravan stops.

The Bettis mini-helmet came out nice congrats!!!
    Last edited by sigman101; 01-27-2013 at 09:25 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Granted the last time I did TigerFest was 2008, but it seemed really disorganized, and you'd think since the team has so many star players, they'd have 1 star player at each line. Atleast you got Sanchez, though, sucks to miss Verlander though, I'm shocked he actually signed this year.

I'm surprised that Verlander didn't just sign in the "kids only" designated autograph area. I'm not even sure if he was signing on the sweet spot of baseballs either, but at least he signed. Could of use him on my team ball though since I have him on a 16 x 20 in my PC already. A buddy of mine did way better getting Austin Jackson, Alex Avila, Anibal Sanchez, Jim Leyland, Tom Brookens, Gene Lamont, Bruce Rondon, Andy Dirks, Rick Porcello, Jhonny Peralta, Phil Coke, Doug Fister, and Miguel Cabrera (he got both Miggy & Fister as they got out of the elevators when they arrived at Tigerfest with the early entrance access tickets). I'd just be happy getting Miggy and calling it a day.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Just saw your Jazz results now. Let me guess they stayed at the bad hotel for autos again up there??? Great signing team but I don't miss going for them in Detroit.

Surprised you did the Celtics.

Tigers winter caravans are a joke. They need to learn from the Reds and Braves on how to run winter caravan stops.

The Bettis mini-helmet came out nice congrats!!!

Yeap, the Jazz still stayed at the bad hotel, so I decided to go to the game for them.

I'm surprised I did the Celtics as well, but I needed Chris Wilcox on my Pistons giveaway hat from the 2010-11 season, Cedric Maxwell, and Jason Terry on a couple of cards for a couple of sets I'm working on (disappointed that they didn't signed of course, but heard Terry signed upon arrival already).

I'd passed on the Tigers' Winter Caravan every year, pointless to attend, although I should have took the opportunity to get a photo with Miggy at the caravan's stop at Hockeytown Authentics last year.

And thanks, just glad to be able to add "The Bus" to my collection.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast