Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See nextspeed's Items on eBay

2/9/13

Former University of Michigan quarterback and 2013 NFL Draftee, Denard Robinson, made an appearance for a paid signing he was doing at the Detroit City Sports store out at the Lakeside Mall in Sterling Heights, MI tonight. Paid the signing fee and got Denard to sign my mini-helmet. Denard wasn't signing the "Shoelace" inscription (probably for personal reasons) so I opted not to pay for an inscription. I know he just did a free signing last Saturday in Ann Arbor, but due to it snowing on that day, I was unable to attend the signing and had bought the mini-helmet already, so decided to get it done today.

Last edited by tboculosis; 02-09-2013 at 09:01 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Former University of Michigan quarterback and 2013 NFL Draftee, Denard Robinson, made an appearance for a paid signing he was doing at the Detroit City Sports store out at the Lakeside Mall in Sterling Heights, MI tonight. Paid the signing fee and got Denard to sign my mini-helmet. Denard wasn't signing the "Shoelace" inscription (probably for personal reasons) so I opted not to pay for an inscription. I know he just did a free signing last Saturday in Ann Arbor, but due to it snowing on that day, I was unable to attend the signing and had bought the mini-helmet already, so decided to get it done today.

nice Denard!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Nice Denard! I was at the signing as well. Any other information why he wouldn't do "Shoelace"?

SCF Rewards
    Country

2/11/13

Attended the Detroit Pistons vs. New Orleans Hornets game at the Palace of Auburn Hills tonight. Graphed by the visitor's tunnel. Got the following to sign for me after pregame shoot-around:

forward/center Jason Smith - 1/1 trading card

forward Ryan Anderson - 1/1 trading card

Missed out on the following:

guard Austin Rivers - 0/1 trading card (stopped signing when he got to me and went to sign for the other side)

guard Greivis Vasquez - 0/2 trading cards (also stopped signing when he got to me and went to the other side too)

center Robin Lopez - 0/1 trading card (signed for only a couple of people, then walked to the back ignoring everyone else)

guard Eric Gordon - 0/1 trading card (signed for the other side of the tunnel)

forward/center Anthony Davis - 0/1 8 x 10 photo (he was the last player to leave the court and jogged to the back without signing for anyone)

Roger Mason, Jr. also signed, but I didn't need him. Also spotted Reverend Jesse Jackson (with security) coming out of the visitor's tunnel to his seat, but he declined to sign when a grapher tried to ask. Pretty rough outing, but it is what it is.

After leaving the area to walk the concourse of the arena, R&B/Pop singer as well as former Detroit councilwoman, Martha Reeves of the Motown group "Martha and the Vandellas", was having a meet and greet at the North Pavilion as she was brought in as the halftime performer. Got Martha to sign my game program.

Last edited by tboculosis; 02-12-2013 at 12:12 AM.

BANNED

Country

Dang, rough night with the Hornets. When I did them in MN, I did far from great but it was more of cause a lack of items for players. I'm surprised Davis didn't sign. He was the last off the court here, too, and still signed for just about everyone. Sorry to hear you had such a bad night.

SCF Rewards
    Country

2/12/13

Detroit Pistons' rookie small forward/shooting guard Kyle Singler made an appearance for a free signing he was doing at the Meijer store out in Northville, MI tonight. Got Kyle to sign my 8 x 10 photo with the requested "BucketMan" inscription as well as an 8 x 10 promo photo he was handing out.

SCF Rewards
    Country

2/16/13

Attended local sports talk radio station 97.1 The Ticket's 4th Annual Sportsfest held at the Suburban Collection Showplace in Novi, MI. Admission to the show was free, but a donation of $10 going towards Beaumont Health Systems' "Student Heart Check Program" was required in order to receive a wristband to line up for autographs. Got the following personnels to sign for me:

former NBA player Rick Mahorn - 1/1 trading card

former Detroit Red Wings' left winger Tomas Holmstrom - 1/1 trading card

former Playboy Playmate/actress Sara Jean Underwood - 1/1 8 x 10 photo, 1/1 trading card, plus a photo with (she was brought in to host their Tailgate Challenge they were having)

Hockey Hall of Famer Mark Howe - 1/1 8 x 10 photo with his HOF year inscription

former NBA player John Long - 1/1 trading card

former NBA player James Edwards - 2/2 trading cards

Detroit Lions' wide receiver Ryan Broyles - 1/1 micro-helmet

Only missed out on former Red Wings' defensemen Nicklas Lidstrom, whose signing session was under a specific block of numbers announced and my wristband number wasn't in that group. Didn't need Lions' kicker Jason Hanson, former NFL fullback Cory Schlesinger, and former NBA player Earl Cureton. Enjoyed this year's show as they continued to make more improvements to it. Can't wait to attend next year's.

Last edited by tboculosis; 02-17-2013 at 11:27 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Nice snag with Broyles

SCF Rewards
    Country

2/19/13

Attended the Detroit Pistons vs. Memphis Grizzlies game at the Palace of Auburn Hills tonight. Graphed the Grizzlies by the visitors' tunnel. Got the following to sign for me as they left the court after pregame shoot around:

forward Austin Daye - 1/1 trading card

forward Tayshaun Prince - 1/1 16 x 20 photo (bought this photo a couple of seasons ago; thought Tayshaun would never get traded, but he did, so finally decided to get this done)

guard Mike Conley - 2/2 trading cards

center Marc Gasol - 1/2 trading cards

forward Ed Davis - 1/1 trading card

forward Darrell Arthur - 2/2 trading cards

forward Zach Randolph - 1/1 trading card

Missed out on:

guard Jerryd Bayless - 0/1 trading card (signed for the other side of the tunnel)

assistant coach Bob Thornton - 0/2 trading cards (he walked by when Z-BO was still signing)

Jon Leuer and Quincy Pondexter also signed, but I didn't have anything for them. Everyone else didn't come out.

SCF Rewards
    Country

2/22/13

Attended TNA Impact Wrestling's live event held at the Filmore in downtown Detroit. Purchased the $75 ticket that came along with a meet and greet with some of the wrestlers before the event started. Got the following wrestlers at meet and greet near the stage:

Joseph Park - 1/1 trading card (would only sign as his current personality and not his prior character of "Abyss")

Magnus - 2/2 trading cards

"Cowboy" James Storm - 2/2 trading cards (1 got smeared as I was rushing to put it back in the plastic carrying case)

Gail Kim - 1/1 trading card

Tara - 2/2 trading cards (1 signed as her WWE character "Victoria" and the other as her TNA character)

Robbie E - 1/1 trading card

Rob Terry - 1/1 trading card

TNA's Knockout champion, Velvet Sky, was doing a meet and greet at the merchandise stand. Purchased an 8 x 10 photo she was selling and got my trading card as well as 5 x 7 blown-up photo with her from an indy wrestling show 3 years ago signed. Bought the backstage meet & greet pass too and got the following to sign for me during intermission backstage:

Kurt Angle - 1/1 trading card

TNA World champ Jeff Hardy - 2/2 trading cards

Mr. Anderson - 2/2 trading cards (1 signed as his WWE character "Mr. Kennedy" and the other as his TNA one)

TNA Television champ Devon - 2/2 trading cards

Missed out on the following:

road agent D-Lo Brown - 0/1 trading card (saw him backstage, but he was involved in a work)

So Cal Val - 0/2 trading cards (saw her backstage too, but she had to get ready for her bit)

Austin Aries - 0/1 5 x 7 photo (was signing at the table with Mr. Anderson & Devon, but was involved in a work and got up after Bobby Roode to calm him down)

Bobby Roode - 0/1 trading card (ditto as above with Aries)

ODB - 0/2 trading cards (she was signing at the merchandise table during intermission)

referee Earl Hebner - 0/1 trading card (he was also signing at the merchandise table during intermission)

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast